Optimism

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Considering the timber stumpage value of cherry, I had to wince when I saw that high value log bucked in half.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Considering the timber stumpage value of cherry, I had to wince when I saw that high value log bucked in half.
The two pieces were a still over 8 feet long. Still I get your point! Lots of cherry around these parts it seems…

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The two pieces were a still over 8 feet long. Still I get your point! Lots of cherry around these parts it seems…
Cherry is the highest timber stumpage value in the US

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Nice van in beautiful shape Lynnmor.
Years back the wife and I were snowmobile fanatics. She had weekends off and sometimes I had to work. Kinda foolish for her to drive a truck and big trailer by herself. I bought her a cheap 2000s GMC delivery van with a kazillion miles. With a cheap atv ramp she was able to drive the sled right thru the barn doors into the van. I installed a proper hold down system and away she went. Quick easy loading. Secure, with weight in the back and some pretty cool tunes as well!

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Nice van in beautiful shape Lynnmor.
Years back the wife and I were snowmobile fanatics. She had weekends off and sometimes I had to work. Kinda foolish for her to drive a truck and big trailer by herself. I bought her a cheap 2000s GMC delivery van with a kazillion miles. With a cheap atv ramp she was able to drive the sled right thru the barn doors into the van. I installed a proper hold down system and away she went. Quick easy loading. Secure, with weight in the back and some pretty cool tunes as well!
Thank You, I had this 1979 van since it was 7 months old, it was traded because it fouled a spark plug, no oil ring on one piston. That is the original paint except for a few minor repairs, no rust.
I sold my snowmobiles 2 years ago because of age, knee replacements and road salt, the van wasn’t used in the salt, that is why it survived. We rode nearly all the snow states from Washington to Maine plus 3 provinces in Canada. We were in a large snowmobile club and one of our members had an 18 wheeler set up for 33 sleds. He would set out several days in advance with the sleds and baggage then we would fly to the destination. He is gone now along with the club, just another reason to give up the sport.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Since I’m confessing about being an optimist, LOL. Here is another one.

More than ten years ago. Tipped my B2910 on its side. Of course the BX had no chance. Fortunately there was a tree nearby I could hook a chain block too. LOL now, but not then!

I did get it righted relatively painlessly.

1663523253604.jpeg

No damage to anything but my pride. LOL

(I actually somehow posted this post in a different forum by accident yesterday - Red Face now…)

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Tell us how it happened Henro….
I was using the box blade to move some earth to fill in a spot that I think was a failed pond build attempt by the previous owner. Many back and forth passes...sort of a numbing affect I guess.

Well I built up a level area about 2 feet (maybe) higher than the place the tractor ended up on its side. Maybe only 18 inches actually. Not much slope to the area, BUT I wasn't paying attention I guess, and got too close to the rather small edge.

The tractor slid down that edge (it wasn't that much of an edge really, and was tapered) and reached the bottom and stopped, the momentum was enough to tip it over, in VERY slow motion. It was slow enough that thinking back, had I leaned to the left it might have been enough to stop the movement. Probably not, but in memory it feels like that.

That event taught me that you just never know when you are going to get into trouble. I now try to do my best to avoid the unexpected...more than I did back when this particular event happened.

I was lucky further because I did not realize at the time that the PCV tubing provide a possible path for oil to end up in a cylinder or two, in the worst case, and hydro-locking can result when you try to start the engine if this happens. Fortunately that did not happen in my case. I was thinking that there was little time for oil to get past the piston rings, but was not aware of other possible routes for oil to end up in the cylinders.

Reactions: 1 user

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Thanks Henro. Doesn’t look like much elevation change in the picture, that why I asked. Front bucket empty and low? Glad everything worked out for ya. Pics like that scare me….I guess that’s a good thing.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thanks Henro. Doesn’t look like much elevation change in the picture, that why I asked. Front bucket empty and low? Glad everything worked out for ya. Pics like that scare me….I guess that’s a good thing.
Yes, the front bucket was empty. Could have been lower I guess. It was probably where the bucket top was even with the hood.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I bet you had to go in and change your shorts!
Actually not at all. It was SO SLOW turning on its side...literally felt like 3 or 4 seconds start to finish. Plenty of time to say "Aw sh*t here we go...and "enjoy" the ride

But then during traumatic times they say you life flashes before you. LOL. Maybe my time perception sped up and it was actually happening faster? Don't think so and bet this was the "best" tip over experience anyone could have had.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
C5417966-A262-438B-9122-E80303886776.jpeg

Bucket was actually a bit lower than I remembered. I think I left the chain connected while moving the tractor to the left (from the drivers seat) to get into a more stable position.

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
Usually, it happens so fast, your life doesn't have time to flash before your eyes, even if you're a youngster.
Ask me how I know that.

I'll give you one more.

We were filling silo, and I don't remember why, but I chose to stand on the "whirl" part of the New Holland Whirl 'N' Feed silage blower while the tractor PTO was still turning, as the "whirl" part was disengaged. Somehow, I lost my balance and fell against the Engage/Disengage handle. The "whirl" part started up, and then stopped very quickly...after my boot jammed it and it had ripped the toe off my steel-tipped leather boot. My bare toes were sticking out of that boot, unscathed. It did not happen to throw my leg into the "Feed" part of the blower.... Typically, we hooked up an IH806 to run the blower. It would never have noticed my leg, if such leg had been encountered.

-Paul

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user