Titan Attachments 57" Ditch/Bank Flail Mower failure.

billskeen66

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota LX2610HSDC
May 21, 2022
Dallas, TX
After approximately 100 hours of use, our flail mower had a significant failure. We were in the field, so we had to hire a welder to repair it. Hopefully, it will last a couple hundred more hours now.
679959380(1).jpg
679959390(1).jpg

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

OriginalRedfishMan

Equipment
Kubota L3560 HST, Peruzzo Elk Cross 1600
Aug 27, 2022
Louisiana
Sorry to see this. I researched long and hard before going with an Italian flail mower. I hope it is worth it. I looked carefully at Titan too.

Ton

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2022
MD
Wow. I'm surprised they would weld such a thick linkage directly to such a thin plate, which is really just sheet metal. Definitely could use a stiffener plate there. If you send that to Titan, hopefully they'll update their design practices, since I'm sure that if they design like that on one implement, they probably do it on many others as well.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
After approximately 100 hours of use, our flail mower had a significant failure. We were in the field, so we had to hire a welder to repair it. Hopefully, it will last a couple hundred more hours now. View attachment 86105 View attachment 86106
Not good. Can you show a photo or two of the repair? It's unfortunate that you had to pay somone to fix a poor design. I would have done it for free if I lived near you.

Since Titan Implements now IronCraft doesn't make a 57" ditch bank flail mower but Titan Attachments does, I assume it's one of the TA Chinese knock off models that still aren't cheap. Like @OriginalRedfishMan I opted for an Italian made hydraulic offset flail mower, specifically a Del Morino Centurion Super 158 which has been excellent so far but only 20 or so hours of heavy duty cutting on it.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Wow. I'm surprised they would weld such a thick linkage directly to such a thin plate, which is really just sheet metal. Definitely could use a stiffener plate there. If you send that to Titan, hopefully they'll update their design practices, since I'm sure that if they design like that on one implement, they probably do it on many others as well.
Good luck with that! This is Chinese made stuff you're talking about.

Look at how Del Morino mounts that cylinder to the box. They have a bracket tied into the stiffner plates.

IMG_3083.jpg

bracket.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
After approximately 100 hours of use, our flail mower had a significant failure. We were in the field, so we had to hire a welder to repair it. Hopefully, it will last a couple hundred more hours now. View attachment 86105 View attachment 86106
Hello Billskeen66,

I agree with those who mentioned the lack of reinforcement in a high stress weldment.
It looks like you have a palletforks.com (Titan Industries) unit. I had a problem with one of their products and had to push really hard (even put in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in their local area).

Kind of demonstrates why Titan Attachments ( a good company with a made in America product) has changed their name so as to not be confused with the other Titan.

I hope that you can get a satisfactory response from the factory, because that is just poor fabrication plain and simple.

Good luck with it.
Bob

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Hello Billskeen66,

I agree with those who mentioned the lack of reinforcement in a high stress weldment.
It looks like you have a palletforks.com (Titan Industries) unit. I had a problem with one of their products and had to push really hard (even put in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in their local area).

Kind of demonstrates why Titan Attachments ( a good company with a made in America product) has changed their name so as to not be confused with the other Titan.

I hope that you can get a satisfactory response from the factory, because that is just poor fabrication plain and simple.

Good luck with it.
Bob
Bob, they were never called Titan Attachments! They were called Titan Implements. How hard is it to get it right? Titan Implements changed their name. Titan Attachments is still in business selling Chinese made stuff. Look at the top left corner of Titan Attachments' webpage sold through palletforks.com.

Titan.jpg

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That one is also china made...

But to the OP...dang that's pretty bad. It just came apart or you hit something?
What one is also made in China?

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
Del Morino makes some of their stuff china. Anything under $10k probably made in china. I'm 95% sure most of their flail mowers are made in china, including the centurion in the pic.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Bob, they were never called Titan Attachments! They were called Titan Implements. How hard is it to get it right? Titan Implements changed their name. Titan Attachments is still in business selling Chinese made stuff. Look at the top left corner of Titan Attachments' webpage sold through palletforks.com.

View attachment 86132
Thank you for the correction.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Del Morino makes some of their stuff china. Anything under $10k probably made in china. I'm 95% sure most of their flail mowers are made in china, including the centurion in the pic.
Send an email to Courtney at Good Works Tractors and to Neal at Messicks and have them send you a copy of their invoices for the Del Morino flail mowers that are made in and shipped from Italy. They even make their own gear boxes in Italy. Not only does Del Morino manufacture all their mowers in Italy, they also manufacture flail mowers sold under other brand names.

Tractortoolsdirect.com sells Del Morino Italian made flail mowers under the IBEX name.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was going through some photos and here's the ID plate from my flail mower. Pretty much says it all.

Plate.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
@billskeen66, how's that flail mower holding up? Did your welder do a good job of fixing the problem? Even if he didn't, you might not find out for another 100 hours or so. :cautious:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
So actually I'm wrong and confusing DelMorino with Maschio brand. THOSE are made in china.
It would be difficult to know where a particular Maschio product is made given their worldwide status. They're a big company making a lot of products for a lot of markets. Are all Maschio flail mowers sold in the US made in China? Hard to say. Maybe Neal Messick would know more.

"The Company has 8 production plants, 5 in Italy and 3 abroad in Romania, India, and China. Moreover, Maschio Gaspardo has 13 sales branches worldwide. The Group currently employs approximately 1.900 people."

The bottom line is that if you want to buy a flail that is definitely made in Italy then buy a Del Morino or Ibex.

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Another one is Ortolan:

Small company, single plant, no production facilities outside Italy. Great stuff though, built like the proverbial tank (I have their T10 with pickup).

The bottom line is that if you want to buy a flail that is definitely made in Italy then buy a Del Morino or Ibex.

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
Befco H40-S72 is $6,826 + tax + shipping. Made in usa, nc. Not even a ditch bank model…similar ibex cost half as much and just as good…

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Another one is Ortolan:

Small company, single plant, no production facilities outside Italy. Great stuff though, built like the proverbial tank (I have their T10 with pickup).
That's good information. Thanks very much.

Are they available in the US?

Last edited: