Kubota Blue

South 40

Equipment
L1500DT, 750 Ford backhoe, 49 D4 Cat Repowered with 6.9L Diesel
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Hey Folks,

1 more question before bed, yawns.

I simply can't find a shade of blue that will match the Kubota blue anywhere at a reasonable price, (not gonna pay 20 or 30 bucks for a rattle can), and I'm not setup right now to use my spray gun.

So here's the question, I have a bunch of brackets I have made to mount everything for the power steering on the L1500DT, ready to paint, do I use the blue I have, go with black or maybe the orange?

Cheers
Samantha

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Go with pink, and eventually paint the entire tractor pink. Or you could just paint it whatever color that you have handy, and it will appear to be made from parts from many different machines. The paint is to protect the metal below, but the color adds nothing to the protection.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Go with pink, and eventually paint the entire tractor pink. Or you could just paint it whatever color that you have handy, and it will appear to be made from parts from many different machines. The paint is to protect the metal below, but the color adds nothing to the protection.
Pink IS the OEM Kubota color!
It takes only a very few years for all Kubotas to achieve their full pink OEM shade!

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
I don't have any Pink, sighs.

Besides if I paint the tractor Pink, nobody would be able to see me when when I drive it to Church in my best outfit, lol.

fried1765,

My 1500 is as old as they come and it hasn't turned pink yet, don't think I need to give it any ideas, lol

Cheers
Samantha

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Just spend the $30 on a can of the correct color. Cheaping out on such a cheap thing is for Mahindra and Kioti owners.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Just spend the $30 on a can of the correct color. Cheaping out on such a cheap thing is for Mahindra and Kioti owners.
Hey motionclone,

That may seem like a cheap thing to you, but for me it is not tenable, it's just to prevent rust, (not a critical part)), and I'm not made of money, I do spend when it is important/critical, but paint is only for protection and looks, it's not like I enter this thing in tractor shows or anything.

As much as I Love Kubota tractors, I can't afford a new one, that is why we bought this one 29 yrs ago, and only paid $3500.00 for it and right now I need to get it back in service, and use that 30 bucks for fuel.

Cheers
Samantha

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hey Folks,

1 more question before bed, yawns.

I simply can't find a shade of blue that will match the Kubota blue anywhere at a reasonable price,
Kubota blue? None on mine...I have seen some blue on New Holland tractors though... :oops:

Perhaps you have blue eyes? I heard that blue eyes see things a little differently...or something like that...:)

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There is some paint brand that has a shade Midnight Blue that may match

But the OEM color on the chassis has changed over time

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Hey Folks,

Well it was with tears in my eyes, and a shaking finger but I went ahead and ordered 2 can's of the proper blue paint, 38 bucks for 2 12 oz rattle cans.

Not really sure why I bothered, the new paint might be the same shade of blue, but it's still gonna stick out like a sore thumb next to the old faded and scratched up paint that's on it now.

Oh well it's bought and paid for, now to see how long it takes to get here.

Cheers
Samantha

Reactions: 2 users

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Mark,

ROFLMAO that's a good one, thanks!

Only problem is I already look more like the bottom pic, maybe change it for the paint sitting on my casket?

R.I.P. Kubota Blue Paint

Cheers
Samantha

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Mark,

ROFLMAO that's a good one, thanks!

Only problem is I already look more like the bottom pic, maybe change it for the paint sitting on my casket?

R.I.P. Kubota Blue Paint

Cheers
Samantha
Please do post a picture of Kubota blue paint. Closest thing on mine is a kind of gray color...

Edit: Well, I got smart and did a search. Live and learn. Some of the paint called blue looks different than blue to my eyes, but it certainly does exist:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It takes only a very few years for all Kubotas to achieve their full pink OEM shade!
Hey Folks,

Well it was with tears in my eyes, and a shaking finger but I went ahead and ordered 2 can's of the proper blue paint, 38 bucks for 2 12 oz rattle cans.

Not really sure why I bothered, the new paint might be the same shade of blue, but it's still gonna stick out like a sore thumb next to the old faded and scratched up paint that's on it now.

Oh well it's bought and paid for, now to see how long it takes to get here.

Cheers
Samantha
Assuming that you must have a small compressor, for less than $38, you could have bought a quart of Kubota blue machinery enamel (Valspar?).
Sprayed on real enamel is more work, but so much better (long lasting) than the rattle can crap.

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA

Assuming that you must have a small compressor, for less than $38, you could have bought a quart of Kubota blue machinery enamel (Valspar?).
Sprayed on real enamel is more work, but so much better (long lasting) than the rattle can crap.
Hey fried1765,

Yes I am well aware, I actually could have had any color I want mixed for a decent price.

Actually I have a very large compressor and the best equipment for doing bodywork and painting cars, trucks, tractors, whatever, I just don't have a shop to work in atm, hoping to resolve that this year.

Cheers
Samantha

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
The kubota rattle can enamel is actually quite good paint, kubota is just very proud of their parts and paints, and charges accordingly. I asked what the "economy" brand my dealer uses and they showed me this "total source" brand. I got a can of each. Color match to each other is very close, nearly indistinguishable in my eyes. Wife says the kubota isn't quite as bright. Both sprayed with about the same consistency. Time will tell. I have to paint the loader once it's finished may paint the entire tractor. (Much smaller then your l series being a B series) I may just spring for a gallon of kubota paint if I can't get anything from valspar.

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Hey Diesel,

Yes I agree Kubota is extremely proud of all their stuff, but ya have to give them credit for building bullet proof tractors.

If I ever get another tractor, and get my new shop built I want to tear this 1500 down completely, everything, go thru the entire tractor and rebuild as much as I can, and or needs, and then I will have some 2 part epoxy mixed and paint the entire thing the "right" way.

But until then I have to get it back in service and work it hard, lol, wayyyyy behind on tons of stuff.

Cheers
Samantha