Turfs for BX2680 "Dealer Cost"

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
So when I purchased my BX I was not planning on mowing with it. My yard until it really dries out stays very soft and even this small of tractor will deteriorate my yard even more. I have a 0 turn for this but for unforeseen circumstances I won't be using it this year.

The dilemma is that my r4s are filled "100lbs more each" and just that much more weight on my lawn.. IF I decide to get the 60" deck for it.
Im thinking if I do get the deck I can get turfs un-filled and help with further deterioration from the r4s if used.

I know I've heard on here a few times that when you ask the dealer the price on new wheels and tires... Not to go through the sales department but ask about another department also dealer related for a much better price. I have no idea what this is called and can't find it now that I need the info, anyone know what I'm trying to find here?
Besides a better deal!😁

Sorry for the long maybe unnecessary post but I think I probably got taken on my last wheel & tire deal in 2005 with B7510.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
If your yard is spongy ...... any tire will leave tracts ........... I have all my grass cutting tires filled and I never have tracts...... then again - I really try NOT to cut if soil is wet.

R4 will not tear up the yard ......... unless you are turning hard in 4wd or have to use the diffy lock. They are not that bad at all IMO .......

I have turfs on one of my machines and was backing up a slight incline on gravel ..... slight ........ and in 2wd, one tire spun in the gravel then the other and then I kicked in the diffy lock and both rears spun!!!! Had to place it in 4wd to move up the hill.

I am not a huge fan of turfs - they do have a purpose - and grass cutting may be the best purpose of them all.....

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I had thought it was the other way around. You want the sales dept to get you the "whole goods" price (tire and wheel mounted) as compared to going through the parts department.

Then, have them shipped as whole goods so you don't have to cover additional shipping?

Reactions: 1 users

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I'd personally not go through kubota for tires. When I was getting tires for my B, I was quoted $1200.00 for 4 tires and nearly $550.00 for two rear wheels. Tax and shipping not included. Miller tire hooked me up with the all 4 for $900.00 and change for the tires and I got nearly new set of take off wheels for $200.00 from a local tractor shop.
Loaded tires are a must imo foroader work and in my experience not any more detrimental to grass then non loaded tires that loose traction. If the yard is wet probably shouldn't be mowing anyway.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Well, I got these to upgrade my BX1880 and so far they are much better for mowing than the original and smaller R1's that were tearing everything up and I needed 4WD almost all the time. The R1's operated like a "gear trying to mesh" always trying to dig and did not roll well. These roll well with a better ride and the traction is better without having to dig. The tracks are still there from before but the grass is looking better. Definitely better traction tires than the R1's even when sunk all the way to the axle but I am not sure how much better than the R4's.

These are 6 ply tires:

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Well, I got these to upgrade my BX1880 and so far they are much better for mowing than the original and smaller R1's that were tearing everything up and I needed 4WD almost all the time. The R1's operated like a "gear trying to mesh" always trying to dig and did not roll well. These roll well with a better ride and the traction is better without having to dig. The tracks are still there from before but the grass is looking better. Definitely better traction tires than the R1's even when sunk all the way to the axle but I am not sure how much better than the R4's.

These are 6 ply tires:

Almost looks like an off shoot of a Carlisle hdap tire.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I had thought it was the other way around. You want the sales dept to get you the "whole goods" price (tire and wheel mounted) as compared to going through the parts department.

Then, have them shipped as whole goods so you don't have to cover additional shipping?
You're probably right.. the other way around but yeah.. Whole Goods is what I was trying to figure out. I wanted to be aware of the difference before asking about a set of turfs. Thank you for the info dirtydeed!
I'd personally not go through kubota for tires. When I was getting tires for my B, I was quoted $1200.00 for 4 tires and nearly $550.00 for two rear wheels. Tax and shipping not included. Miller tire hooked me up with the all 4 for $900.00 and change for the tires and I got nearly new set of take off wheels for $200.00 from a local tractor shop.
Loaded tires are a must imo foroader work and in my experience not any more detrimental to grass then non loaded tires that loose traction. If the yard is wet probably shouldn't be mowing anyway.
When I had my 7510 I switched out to turfs unloaded.. no problems with traction but I never mow when wet. The yard has to be pretty dry and firm for me to drive on it. It doesn't always stay spongy but usually takes 3-5 days after a rain in the spring to dry enough to get on it. My yard is completely flat.

I had looked at other places for pricing before but then I remembered members talking about this whole goods deal and wanted to check that. Doesn't sound like it's going to be much better now days.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
maybe I miss read your intention. I thought you were looking a for a complete second set of tires (including the wheels) that you could swap back an forth when needed. That's why I mentioned the Kubota whole goods option. It used to be much less costly to get them that way (tire and wheel) than just ordering new tires thru parts dept. It was for me anyway, when I did it.

I understand that we are living in strange times right now, so, that may no longer be the case. Best of luck to you.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
maybe I miss read your intention. I thought you were looking a for a complete second set of tires (including the wheels) that you could swap back an forth when needed. That's why I mentioned the Kubota whole goods option. It used to be much less costly to get them that way (tire and wheel) than just ordering new tires thru parts dept. It was for me anyway, when I did it.

I understand that we are living in strange times right now, so, that may no longer be the case. Best of luck to you.
You are correct, that is my intentions.. I'll check with my dealer tomorrow if I get a chance. Thanks again.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Exactly. Find a truck and equipment tire dealer and buy from them. Most of those places can order about any tire you want at a much cheaper price. And they are experienced with liquid filling tires. They can also source compatible aftermarket wheels.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Checked my dealer today about the "whole goods" on the fronts and rears.. wheels and tires $450 shipped to the dealer plus tax of course. That's a great deal from a dealer I think! OTR Litefoot 26/12/12

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Doesn't sound like a bad price at all.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Checked my dealer today about the "whole goods" on the fronts and rears.. wheels and tires $450 shipped to the dealer plus tax of course. That's a great deal from a dealer I think! OTR Litefoot 26/12/12
Sounds too good to be true but if you can pull it off, more power to you. (y)

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Sounds too good to be true but if you can pull it off, more power to you. (y)
I thought it was cheap for tires and wheels. Messicks websites totals nearly that for one rear wheel assembly. Wonder if they are all aftermarket ?

Attachments

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
You know... he looked them up in his book and even showed me but I did not see what book it was. From the prices I was hearing members quoting that they got wheels and tires for back in 2020 when I joined .. through Whole Goods this sounds about right.

Even if they were aftermarket though I don't think so.. their a good deal! Checked out other places and their all $800+ for set of 4.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
You know... he looked them up in his book and even showed me but I did not see what book it was. From the prices I was hearing members quoting that they got wheels and tires for back in 2020 when I joined .. through Whole Goods this sounds about right.

Even if they were aftermarket though I don't think so.. their a good deal! Checked out other places and their all $800+ for set of 4.
Not doubting, just surprised at the price difference. Even with the discount I get messicks couldn't touch that. Next time I'll ask about the whole goods pricing.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I thought it was cheap for tires and wheels. Messicks websites totals nearly that for one rear wheel assembly. Wonder if they are all aftermarket ?
Because I'll bet that those screenshots are from the "Parts" catalogue...not whole goods.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Because I'll bet that those screenshots are from the "Parts" catalogue...not whole goods.
I thought about that too.

I'm confused on this whole .. whole goods deal anyways.. what's different about it since it's from the same dealer? Just curious!

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Yes it is from the parts catalog. This whole goods this is a new concept, and I don't understand how they sell factory wheels and tires for less then half the cost. Even with the discount I get it would be substantially cheaper to buy with whole goods. Some one is either making a heck of a profit on products, or they (whole goods) are not factory tires and wheels. Either way doesn't much matter to me, but as my local dealer (messicks) couldn't even come close to competing on 2 wheels and 4 tires this is very interesting to me. I'll be swinging down next week to inquire about the whole goods program and find out why they arnt giving quotes using it if it's so much cheaper.