Fuel prices

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
You are like a cute little excuse box full of wrong answers.

Prices were still going down (DURING COVID) until the day the economy wrecker was put in office.

The USA is the worlds largest producer of oil. When America does good, most of the free world around us does as well. When we create oil policys that have a detrimental effect on production, it effects the price around the whole world.

Go ahead and give the excuse box a little shake, whats the next excuse?

View attachment 76266
Fyi look at graph it not an aproval rating graph lmao i know ill be in trouble soon but couldnt help my self

Reactions: 2 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
This post struck me as blatantly political in content, and I was curious to reread the rules for posting at OTT...I believe they say something about no political or religious posts.

BUT as the moron I am, I could not find them, and I think I clicked on everything possible on the main forum web page, and maybe elsewhere.

So if someone can point me to where the rules are listed, I would appreciate it. Just want to review for my personal understanding.
What is blatantly political about it? I was replying to his comment, I notice you didn't mention any of his posts?

The topic is fuel prices. Hard to not have politics involved in the topic at all when it is politics that regulates the topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Just as a side note, my wife got a gallon of milk yesterday.... $7.49. Damn Ukrainian war!!!!!

• Wow

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
What is blatantly political about it? I was replying to his comment, I notice you didn't mention any of his posts?

The topic is fuel prices. Hard to not have politics involved in the topic at all when it is politics that regulates the topic.
Look at the image you posted and you tell me...

You claim, without any facts to back the claim up, that "they" shut down fuel production, and the image posted specifically calls out a political figure as the perpetrator.

Anyway, if you can point me to the forum rules regarding posting here I would like to review them for my own benefit.

I probably just missed something simple when trying to find them. I will look again.

Reactions: 1 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I didn't make the picture or caption. It was the graph that was the visual aide for me.

So was it the picture or the data that has you offended.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

Prices were still going down (DURING COVID) until the day of the election.

The USA is the worlds largest producer of oil. When America does good, most of the free world around us does as well. When we create oil policys that have a detrimental effect on production, it effects the price around the whole world.

View attachment 76266
1646850693171.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The funny/SAD part is, about 40% of Americans would believe that.
Just trying to insert some humor into a serious topic. I know some on the forum will have to be making serious decisions in weeks and months to come as prices increase and incomes do not. I feel for those on fixed income, the farmers who are dealing with the what to do next, and the business owners.

As much as we debate, which is good to debate, ultimately I know that it (the war, the gas prices, the economy, etc.) is and will have serious consequences for many. I continue to hope and pray that someone way smarter than me will help come up with a plan to deal with the crises in Europe and bring peace to those individuals, bring the markets under control to reduce the impact to all the common folks world over, and restore the supply chain so I can start buying stuff again.

1646852428944.png

Reactions: 5 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
It seems to me that someone is trying to stir up trouble because they are offended by facts. I hope that this discussion is not shut down just because one person has thin skin.

Reactions: 5 users

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
The other thing (at least around here) is the darn pump shuts down at $75.00. Now, this was not a problem at $2.20. but at $5+ for diesel now, I'm getting about 15 gallons.

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
The station that I frequent recently upped the CC shut off to $125.00. That makes it a little more convenient.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I didn't make the picture or caption. It was the graph that was the visual aide for me.

Actually while there is nothing wrong with the two sets of data, the time of the beginning of the Biden presidency, and the price of oil, it is well known in science that coincidence does NOT prove causality. There are many factors that influence the price of oil.

Reactions: 1 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Look at the image you posted and you tell me...

You claim, without any facts to back the claim up, that "they" shut down fuel production, and the image posted specifically calls out a political figure as the perpetrator.

Anyway, if you can point me to the forum rules regarding posting here I would like to review them for my own benefit.

I probably just missed something simple when trying to find them. I will look again.
The forum guidelines are stickied at the top of the "off topic" forum.. they are two threads by Mr K.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

Prices were still going down (DURING COVID) until the day of the election.

View attachment 76284
Everything is political in your posts. But production climbed in 2021 in the largest oil field in the world:

Texas added four rigs for 279 rigs drilling statewide this year, 120 more than the 159 at work in December 2020. New Mexico also added four rigs for 93, 28 more than the 65 at work in New Mexico last year.Dec 23, 2021
1646855257283.png

https://www.mrt.com › oil › article
Rig count increases as drilling continues steady rise

Spin this all you want. Production has been increasing for the past year.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

I assume this post was directed towards me?

If so, I was not offended. I was just taken aback a bit by an obviously political post. Now I realize that you posted someone else's words, but still, if you post such things they represent you, just as they do whoever originated the text to begin with.

ANYWAY, I still would like to read the rules regarding posting here...Have not got up the energy to try to find them a second time...I know there are here somewhere...remember reading them in the past...also remember someone at that time pointed me to them...LOL...History does repeat itself! (at least if someone points me at them again...)

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
There are many factors that influence the price of oil.
So just to be clear, it is pure coincidence gas is over $5, milk is over $7, wheat is at an all time high at $251, ports are backed up for weeks, groceries are through the roof, 1000 feet of lumber is up from $300 to $1,500, coal is up from $39 to $80, corn is up from $3.40 to $6.80, on and on.

That's one hell of a coincidence and the most unlucky person in history.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
There is no equivalence. The Russian pipeline was intended to move natural gas for sale to Germany. The keystone pipeline was intended to move low grade Canadian oil to the gulf coast for export. It had no benefits to the US.
Actually, you are incorrect. It did have benefits to the US via all the jobs it was providing building the pipeline.