BX23S with Curtis Deluxe Cab and Windshield Wiper

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Today I changed over the windshield wiper blade for a rubber-coated blade that is designed for winter use. The rubber coating flexes and helps to keep the snow and ice from building up on the frame that is used on the summertime blade. I got the blade from NAPA and the cost was approximately $10.50 after my discount. It is NAPA part # 6-2060. I had stopped at Advanced Auto and was told that this is a discontinued item, but NAPA had it in stock. I will be ordering a spare for the future since if they are discontinued, the newer beam style doesn't appeal to me and I would like a spare.

tvman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7500,L4330
Jan 2, 2022
Indiana
Today I changed over the windshield wiper blade for a rubber-coated blade that is designed for winter use. The rubber coating flexes and helps to keep the snow and ice from building up on the frame that is used on the summertime blade. I got the blade from NAPA and the cost was approximately $10.50 after my discount. It is NAPA part # 6-2060. I had stopped at Advanced Auto and was told that this is a discontinued item, but NAPA had it in stock. I will be ordering a spare for the future since if they are discontinued, the newer beam style doesn't appeal to me and I would like a spare.
Thanks for the info. I have a Curtis hard sided cab on my 4330 and was going to put a new blade on. I assume this attaches with the single bolt.
Do you have a heater in your cab and if so, does it make a lot of noise?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It uses the same bolt and nut as the original wiper used and it comes with 2 spares and a couple of adapters that are not needed. I do have a cab heater, but it is just about worthless since I don't get a lot of heat out of it. Not certain what the problem is with it, and I believe that it might have something to do with the ductwork inside of the heater. I can't give up the tractor till summertime and will have the installing dealer look at it then. My old tractor had a box cab heater and it could cook you.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Thanks for the info. I have a Curtis hard sided cab on my 4330 and was going to put a new blade on. I assume this attaches with the single bolt.
Do you have a heater in your cab and if so, does it make a lot of noise?
I have a Curtis Cab on my B3200, the heater is very quiet. I put 3" PVC elbow on the top to work a defroster works great. Not the best picture, sorry.
DSC01049.JPG