Front Loader stuck

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
I was moving several large wood biscuits and now my loader is stuck half way up. I can see the hydraulics applies pressure to the cylinders when I move the levers. It seems there is a mechanical bind somewhere. I have disconnected the hydraulics and reconnected them. Nothing changed. All other functions work well including the backhoe.

As a side note the dealer just did over 10 grand of work when I broke the rear casing. That is a long story in itself. The tractor has always worked well and was doing well this morning for several hours. I do not see anything blocking the arms from moving either.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I was moving several large wood biscuits and now my loader is stuck half way up. I can see the hydraulics applies pressure to the cylinders when I move the levers. It seems there is a mechanical bind somewhere. I have disconnected the hydraulics and reconnected them. Nothing changed. All other functions work well including the backhoe.

As a side note the dealer just did over 10 grand of work when I broke the rear casing. That is a long story in itself. The tractor has always worked well and was doing well this morning for several hours. I do not see anything blocking the arms from moving either.
Does the bucket curl and dump?

Dan

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Do you have forks attached to the bucket or attached some other way?
Many owners on this forum have bent their cylinder rods using forks to pull back an object.
Dave

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have disconnected the hydraulics and reconnected them. Nothing changed. All other functions work well including the backhoe.

When you removed the pressure by disconnecting the lines - the bucket nor front arms moved?

IF you took the hydraulic pressure off the rams - that should have allowed gravity to win that battle ........

UNLESS something is bent or somehow binding inside the hydraulic system inside those cylinder(s)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
When you removed the pressure by disconnecting the lines - the bucket nor front arms moved?

IF you took the hydraulic pressure off the rams - that should have allowed gravity to win that battle ........

UNLESS something is bent or somehow binding inside the hydraulic system inside those cylinder(s)
Perhaps he simply disconnected the hose couplers.

Dan

Jim6100

Equipment
B6100e
Jan 25, 2022
Florida

i would second that the guides in the cylinders could be worn
Perhaps he simply disconnected the hose couplers.

Dan
if that is the case i would try to bleed the lines directly on the bottom of the cylinders. just try not to be under it. when doing so.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
i would second that the guides in the cylinders could be worn

if that is the case i would try to bleed the lines directly on the bottom of the cylinders. just try not to be under it. when doing so.
I would block it up (chain fall/come-along/second loader), disconnect the base end supply, and see if it lowers. If it does its the hydraulics. If not its mechanical.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
Well that was fun. It appears I have some slime in my fluid. Part of the service repair included new hydrostatic pumps and a new case. When I put a flush fitting on one hose it blew out some snot. Checked the other fitting and it too was plugged with snot. I will now have to drain and flush everything even though it was supposedly done.

I got things to work enough to finish the day. All hydraulics worked accept the lift rams. No matter what I did I could not get flow thru one line so it was stuck. I was pretty certain there were no bends but I was sure I had some hydraulics.

The tractor is a BX25d1 with the LBH kit. Last year using the backhoe I slipped on some rocks and one rock with a pointed top cracked the bottom of my hydraulic case. It was the first broken case for the dealer ever on the sub compacts.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The more I heard check the fittings I was sure that is where my problem was. Now I just have to clean out the sump and filters.

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Glad you got the symptom diagnosed (snot). Now.. what is the cause? I don't have a ton of experience with hydraulics unless you count automotive but ive never run into junk thick enough to hold back 1000 psi in a fairly large hose/line. That's impressive but begs further questions.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
My loader got stuck up once when I had far too much weight on the 3pt. When I took the weight off the 3pt the loader worked perfectly. Maybe you have too much pressure somewhere else too. Just a thought

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Joe a little more info would help, mld of tractor, age of FEL, bucket, grapple, forks, did you turn motor off and push the lever in to the float mode to drop the arms? And if you can a couple pictures would help