Frustration with waiting on new Kubota order

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I just ordered a b2301 from a dealer who told me they will have one arriving in December. He made it sound like the etas' were close. What bothers me is I did not know about the supply issue until after I paid the non refundable deposit. I assumed I was being told the truth. I guess we will see in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I just ordered a b2301 from a dealer who told me they will have one arriving in December. He made it sound like the etas' were close. What bothers me is I did not know about the supply issue until after I paid the non refundable deposit. I assumed I was being told the truth. I guess we will see in the next few weeks.
I never had a deposit...that is obviously a dealer specific requirement.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I never had a deposit...that is obviously a dealer specific requirement.
Same here. I just tell them what I want, they order it and i pay for it on delivery.

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
This is the first new tractor I have purchased. All the other tractors I have owned were under 2500.00 and older than I am(63). My newest tractor to date is a 1956 farmall 200 but parts are getting hard to find and very often when I go out to work I end up spending a week or two waiting for repairs and the day working on the tractor. So my wife suggested a new tractor. After the initial sticker shock I was working with 2 dealers and one was 1 1/2 hours closer and said he had a b2301 coming in December but he required a 1000 non refundable deposit. The other dealer wanted a 500 refundable deposit and had one coming in January. But when I learned that I would have to trailer the tractor to the dealer if I needed warranty work I went with the closer dealer. I have been having trouble with the central steering arm breaking on the farmall. It has been repaired three times but if it breaks while I am plowing the front wheels will each go in different directions and that could easily roll the tractor. Snow is already here. So I thought saving a month would be worth it. Hopefully he will have a delivery date soon. I did get the loader, bh and grapple third function with the tractor. If I can get the tractor and loader for snow plowing w a back blade it would get me through the winter.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
With todays market, I can't see any reason a dealer would ask for a deposit considering there are plenty of buyers for limited stock. Only reason I could see for one is to hold it if part of the order IS in stock. I was not asked for a deposit on my order, the tractor is on the lot, but no FEL yet, and they ARE holding the tractor for me, I licked it to secure it.

Reactions: 2 users

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
Ordered a L3901HST with loader, bush hog, tiller and trailer on November 2nd and found out today it will be delivered tomorrow. I’m like a kid the night before Christmas.

Reactions: 1 users

Retired in SD

Equipment
BX23s
Aug 27, 2021
South Dakota
Ordered a L3901HST with loader, bush hog, tiller and trailer on November 2nd and found out today it will be delivered tomorrow. I’m like a kid the night before Christmas.
Is your dealership one of those big ones that members here say are able to get tractors more than the smaller dealers? Are you in the eastern US... closer to Georgia where I read the Kubota's are manufactured? I'm trying to figure out why some of are still waiting after half a year... In the meantime, congratulations. I hope it's everything that you wanted.

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
Is your dealership one of those big ones that members here say are able to get tractors more than the smaller dealers? Are you in the eastern US... closer to Georgia where I read the Kubota's are manufactured? I'm trying to figure out why some of are still waiting after half a year... In the meantime, congratulations. I hope it's everything that you wanted.
It is a smaller dealership but I am in South Carolina. I have a dealership in my town that had the package I bought in stock but I bought it from a dealership about an hour away. They were able to beat the price by roughly $3200 I figured I could wait a while for that amount of money.

Retired in SD

Equipment
BX23s
Aug 27, 2021
South Dakota
It is a smaller dealership but I am in South Carolina. I have a dealership in my town that had the package I bought in stock but I bought it from a dealership about an hour away. They were able to beat the price by roughly $3200 I figured I could wait a while for that amount of money.
Okay, thank you. I really only have one choice and that's to keep waiting "patiently." Saw your picture and that's a really nice tractor! Congratulations!

Retired in SD

Equipment
BX23s
Aug 27, 2021
South Dakota
So, I received a picture of my BX23s sitting at my dealership from my salesman yesterday. Not all of my order is in, but enough for them to deliver the tractor next week. They have to pull another credit report and put the contract together, but if all goes well, and it should, just shy of 6 months from the order date... my tractor will arrive. I missed the greatest Fall weather for the biggest project that I have planned, but it will definitely help with snow removal until I can start on that project list in the Spring. As a first time tractor owner, I'll be learning and practicing on snow before I get to dirt and gravel... I suppose that can't be all bad. I am posting this so that all the rest of you who are waiting can gauge when yours might arrive. As I wrote in an earlier post, I have NO complaints about my sales guy or the dealer or even Kubota. The supply chain bottleneck is affecting everyone and that's politics, which I feel have no place in a forum about tractors. I have plenty of my own opinions and come here for tractor knowledge from you experienced tractor owners. My plan is to contribute herein if I trip over some worthwhile information that might help others and to keep reading and learning myself. I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! And for those of you waiting for yours, I hope that happens soonest!

Reactions: 3 users

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I’m told my B2601 should be in here January. Now with that being said the loader is the wildcard and I hope to have that by March. I haven’t put any money down on the tractor.

dmille10

Equipment
LX2610 (loader, 60" MMM, Virnig Grapple)
Dec 20, 2021
southern PA
I was told originally that the wait time for an LX2610 was 5 months. I just talked to my dealership and my salesman told me that they have everything except the grapple. I was told that they just have to build it and it'll be here before the new year.

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
Salesman just emailed that my tractor is in the ag tires are coming in next week they are putting the backhoe on and the third function. So should have the tractor the first week of January. B2301 loader backhoe grapple chains loaded ag tires.

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
The tractor backhoe loader and grapple were delivered today. Exactly when the dealer said it would be. Moved some gravel and the tech who brought it out took off the bh to put on the three point hitch. The backhoe takes up some room in the garage. I am not sure I like having a new tractor took it in the woods and was worried about getting it scratched.