Is the equipment shortage ending? Probably not, but look at this JD dealer's lot.

Orange man

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 loader , woods prd6000 mower, Land pride RB 1672
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
My local dealer has gotten in a bunch of tractors and loaders, so much they have enlarged the parking area!

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Drove past the J-D dealer in Rutland Vt. the other evening. There were MANY units on the lot.
30 I would guess.

Reactions: 1 user

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I just went to my dealer for filters. Compared to usual they didn't have much on the lot!

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Unlikely. B2601 made in USA (for US market - mine was made in Japan but that's rest-of-world). Most likely a Grand L or two.
I checked with my dealer on 2601 because I want to order one and he said they are floated over here from Japan

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
It looks like the coasts and south are getting the inventory first. I see many more listed of what I ordered than last week and they are either west coast, east coast or down south Louisiana and Georgia. Nothing yet in the midwest. Now Loaders, still not seeing them other than the hoarder in texas.

claya1

Equipment
Kubota
Sep 24, 2021
sacramento
There is a very large Kubota division/warehouse near me in Nor-Cal. One of the 4 in the US. I saw at least 300 backhoe booms over the fence yesterday. No idea what they were attached to, as the fence is high.

I have not noticed them before so have no reference if 300 was a lot, or not very many. But to me it seemed like a lot. Was surprised to see that many crammed together.

I did not drive around the corner, where the yard is more visible to see what else was there. I will be back later this week, and look more. The fact that there were so many suggests, they just are not sending all of everything to dealers. Or it was a recent shipment, and maybe they will all be gone in a week. :unsure:

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Probably got a container or two finally from one of the ships out in the bay. Hope some LA805's are in that mix.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The small Kubota dealership near work now has 15+ tractors, all in crates.

Guessing most are L's or LX. Almost all with cabs.

Don't see an FEL anywhere.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
The thing I am waiting on is the LA805. It seems the backordered rear remote kits will be in before the FEL will. I just hope it arrives before snow falls and my barn becomes ice locked. Happens every winter.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Got notice from the local JD dealer that they got a new shipment of tractors.
I think its funny that my local JD dealer is the only place that does have tractors. Not sure if that's because nobody buys them or some how they are able to produce more.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Local Kubota dealer 12/11/2021.

06C9AFB2-850A-4F86-917D-A0A39F09233C.jpeg

Few Ms with loaders and some Ls with loaders. I didn’t pull in to check whats behind them. Also seen a BX23S in stock.

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
On the way to my property I pass by a town that has a JD and Kubota dealer across the highway from each other and a Mahindra dealer about a mile before. A while back JD and Kubota had sparse inventory. Two weeks back Kubota had quite a few tractors and JD had a few more but still sparse. Today Kubota was down to a hand full and JD had quite a few. I’m guessing the ones at Kubota were delivered sold and perhaps same for JD just waiting for their owners to show.

I don’t think I saw Mahindra’s stock fall from pre-COVID days. They have been full the entire time. I test drove Mahindra when I was shopping but chose Kubota. I know people buy them but unless Mahindra handles replenish easily I haven’t seen them moving.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Mahindra doesn't sell anywhere near as well as JD and Kubota in the US, but they are #1 seller word wide. Figure that one out. A lot of the Mahindra tractors around here on dealers lots are several years old, still considered new stock. There is a 2016 cab model I was considering, until I looked at it. The only good thing I found was the FEL was smooth, but the engine was loud, the AC was warm and the seat was uncomfortable. To top it off, it had more rust on it than my 20 YO B2410.

For a moment I was considering going with a Mahindra 6065 cab tractor with FEL. It was ~$7,000 more than the L4060 with LA805. It is a 62HP tractor with shuttle drive, and would work well for the hay equipment, but would be overkill for everything else, and the finance rates were a LOT higher than Kubota.
Also had to consider the nearest Mahindra service was 27 miles away. That dealer I got bad vibes from, and their used equipment was way over priced for the condition it is in. Since I already own a Kubota and have a dealer near me that I get parts from, I stuck with Kubota. Rather wait and get something I can trust, than get something right away that I have no clue about.

Vladhed

Equipment
B2401DT, old rear blade, RCR1248 rotary cutter, MK Martin SB54 snow blower
Jul 17, 2021
Perth, ON
Was taking to my dealer about my B2401 that was due "in September" but now has a "November 30th" delivery date. He says it is coming from Japan, same as all tractors for the Canadian market! He said they've had shorter shipping times since they started landing in Vancouver and using rail to get to Eastern parts. Says they were landing in Montreal but then the can would just get buried for two weeks!

Canada only get loaders, backhoes, mower decks from Georgia (things without motors).
It finally arrived at the dealer just after Christmas, after a long wait in Vancouver waiting on the rail lines through the Rockies to get rebuilt after the washouts in November.

Got all the paperwork squared away today, just waiting on the "tire guy" to get back from holidays to load the tires with juice. "Delays, delays, delays..."

Reactions: 1 users