new LA435 loader stopped working

Mossy dell

Equipment
B2601 (2021) JD970 (1998) B2100 (1991) B6100E (1988)
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
This is weird. I have a new B2601 with less than 60 hours on it. Today the loader won't lift the bucket but to hood level. It will dump and curl but on raising and lowering is in slow motion, if that. I checked the fluid and it was down 1/2 quart, so it wasn't that.

I have a third function switch on it. Also, I was using float a few times yesterday and noticed it kind of stuck a bit at first coming out of float. Maybe that's a clue? There's always a big click going into float, and yesterday it seemed harder to get past that point coming out of float.

The dealer is going to send a tech out, but Friday at earliest and probably next week. I'd really like to get it going before that!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Mossy, what set up do you have for the loader control/lines? Quick coupler or standard pioneer?

In any event. with the machine turned off, move the loader control lever in full circle to relieve pressure, then detach and reattach all loader lines. Give that a whirl first and see if it corrects your issue.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
If the three point hitch is all the way up, lower it a bit and see if that straightens it out. If it does, the three point needs the upper limit adjusted because it’s throwing the system into relief and killing the system pressure you need to run the loader.

Mine did that for the first time last weekend when I maxed out the lift capacity on the three point and it went into relief. If I hadn’t seen the above suggestion on numerous threads here, I probably would have thought there was a major breakdown. Lowered the three point to get it out of the bind it was in and all returned to normal immediately.

Could be you have a major issue but have seen quite a few here, particularly those with very low hour machines, where it’s just a misadjusted limit on the three point.

Mossy dell

Equipment
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
Mossy, what set up do you have for the loader control/lines? Quick coupler or standard pioneer?
In any event. with the machine turned off, move the loader control lever in full circle to relieve pressure, then detach and reattach all loader lines. Give that a whirl first and see if it corrects your issue.
Man, I am not sure! Quick coupler, I think I paid for. The lever that disconnects everything? But to be honest, I haven't had it off. But I'll try what you suggest. Thanks!

Mossy dell

Equipment
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
If the three point hitch is all the way up, lower it a bit and see if that straightens it out. If it does, the three point needs the upper limit adjusted because it’s throwing the system into relief and killing the system pressure you need to run the loader.

Mine did that for the first time last weekend when I maxed out the lift capacity on the three point and it went into relief. If I hadn’t seen the above suggestion on numerous threads here, I probably would have thought there was a major breakdown. Lowered the three point to get it out of the bind it was in and all returned to normal immediately.

Could be you have a major issue but have seen quite a few here, particularly those with very low hour machines, where it’s just a misadjusted limit on the three point.
That's a great suggestion! I will try that first. I do have a big heavy box blade on the back. I even bit it into a short steep little hill-dropoff twice yesterday with the rippers down. Maybe that did it?

But how do you adjust the upper limit? With the top link or what?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
That's a great suggestion! I will try that first. I do have a big heavy box blade on the back. I even bit it into a short steep little hill-dropoff twice yesterday with the rippers down. Maybe that did it?

I honestly don’t know on your machine. Most have a feedback rod somewhere on the three point that tells it when it’s at the top to limit upward movement. I expect you’d need a WSM if someone with experience on your specific machine doesn’t weigh in.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia

1BAB69B2-4E73-4223-9F6B-08D63ED18270.jpeg
This is a L5030, but will give you an idea what to look for. And here is the breakdown of your machine. #30 is the rod.
2601.png

Mossy dell

Equipment
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
Thanks so much, Matt. I was just going out to tackle it again! Will try this.
I got that lift arm adjusted no problem. I am not very mechanical but adjusting the lift was super easy. And the system does not go into relief with it raising an inch less. Actually I killed two birds with one stone. When the ROPS is down, the top link was hitting it before at max lift. The top link was already slightly bent.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help. And especially to Matt for solving the issue. I think lowering the top link to the bottom hole might have worked too. But I have a quick hitch on and didn't want to mess with having possibly to adjust everything.

Reactions: 2 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I got that lift arm adjusted no problem. I am not very mechanical but adjusting the lift was super easy. And the system does not go into relief with it raising an inch less. Actually I killed two birds with one stone. When the ROPS is down, the top link was hitting it before at max lift. The top link was already slightly bent.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help. And especially to Matt for solving the issue. I think lowering the top link to the bottom hole might have worked too. But I have a quick hitch on and didn't want to mess with having possibly to adjust everything.
Glad you got her fixed! @NCL4701 told you what was wrong, I just helped with pictures.... I like pictures.

And what @dirtydeed suggested will normally remedy a slow/sticky loader too.

Mossy dell

Equipment
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
Right—it took a village. The image was the capper. I did have it reversed in my mind so I looked on the wrong side at first!