Bx1500 wheel spacers front and rear?

filterman

Equipment
b21, bx1500, lx178 water cool,ransomes 36",jd 300
May 27, 2021
washington
Jeep spacers for rear? Bora are too expensive. Any help appreciated.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Spacers really aren't recommended for the fronts but it's your tractor. I'm not sure where you would even find them for the front on a BX.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
Spacers are available for the front of a BX. But there is alot of debate whether to use or not. To each their own.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 21, 2020

filterman

Equipment
May 27, 2021
washington
Spacers are available for the front of a BX. But there is alot of debate whether to use or not. To each their own.
Yes i saw the pivot point argument, however physics dictates otherwise imo. Broken axle is concern but on larger tractors carrying large loads imo. the 1500 is overbuilt for its capacities. Fel is rated for like 400lb. Just ballasted front tires thinking to go foam fill instead and widen stance maybe ballast box on 3 point. Any idea on front spacers, source?

Last edited:

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Have you tried golf cart or atv sources, I can't remember exactly what I put on my golf cart but that 4x100 sounds very familiar.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Not yet. Atv looks promising.

Still looking
Amazon has them... 1.5" Thick 4x4" 1/2x20 EZ GO Club Car Golf Cart Wheel Spacers
$59.44

Also available on eBay, but more expensive. I got my spacers from Amazon for the rears, and bought grade 8 bolts and lug nuts from McMaster Carr. I used the lightest grade of Locktite to hold the bolts into the hubs. On my BX22, I only had the spacers on the rear. I am going to do the same with my BX23S, but haven't decided on the front wheels yet. I will have to measure the tires outside to outside, and see how that matches up to my snow blower. I don't want the tires to be packing down the snow outside of the path of the snow blower.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 21, 2020
Yes i saw the pivot point argument, however physics dictates otherwise imo. Broken axle is concern but on larger tractors carrying large loads imo. the 1500 is overbuilt for its capacities. Fel is rated for like 400lb. Just ballasted front tires thinking to go foam fill instead and widen stance maybe ballast box on 3 point. Any idea on front spacers, source?

I posted a direct link yesterday to BroTek. Got what you need.

filterman

Equipment
May 27, 2021
washington
I posted a direct link yesterday to BroTek. Got what you need.
Yes i saw that. Pricing on site is confusing. It says price for pair like $140 but then when you check out the cartdoubles price. Im still looking around. Dont want to spend $500 for spacers if there is a alternative.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 21, 2020
Yes i saw that. Pricing on site is confusing. It says price for pair like $140 but then when you check out the cartdoubles price. Im still looking around. Dont want to spend $500 for spacers if there is a alternative.

You pay per the pair, I know it still might be out of your budget, but I spent 345$ shipped for a set of front and rear for my BX1880

Reactions: 1 user

filterman

Equipment
May 27, 2021
washington
Its not a budget thing. I can make them. Its a my time vrs dollar thing. Haaaa ill call brotech tue. Thanks

• Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Its not a budget thing. I can make them. Its a my time vrs dollar thing. Haaaa ill call brotech tue. Thanks
Did you look at the information that I posted? This isn't rocket science, all you have to do is learn how to search. Search for Golf Cart Wheel Spacers. It is the same size wheel stud pattern.

filterman

Equipment
May 27, 2021
washington
Did you look at the information that I posted? This isn't rocket science, all you have to do is learn how to search. Search for Golf Cart Wheel Spacers. It is the same size wheel stud pattern.
You still have to match center bore on my fro its 4x100 60mm bore. Trying to find 3" for rear in the jeep fitment but bore size becomes an issue.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You still have to match center bore on my fro its 4x100 60mm bore. Trying to find 3" for rear in the jeep fitment but bore size becomes an issue.
The Kubota axle doesn't have a centering hole, so I can't see why you feel that you need one for the spacers. Sure, it would be nice and easy to install a wheel, but it really isn't necessary. If it is an issue, you could have a machinist cut you a collar that will be a interference fit over the locater hole in the Jeep wheel, and have a diameter a couple thousands smaller than the hole in the Kubota wheel, and that will accomplish what you are attempting to do.
When I installed my spacers, I purchased to screws into the axle, but checking the order, I ordered 1-1/2" & 1-3/4" fully threaded screws. I just don't remember which one that I used. I set them in with Loctite, and torqued them down. I also ordered 10 lug nuts to attach the spacer to the axle. Because of the dissimilar metals, I painted the axle face first with never seize, and did the same with the spacer and the studs. Never had to take them off, and left them on the tractor when I sold it.
Black-Phosphate Grade 8 Steel Screws
Flanged Hex Head, 1/2"-20 Thread Size, 1-1/2" Long
92316A754

and the same in 1-3/4" long

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Analyze the system again and show how wheel spacers on the front of a tractor with a center pivot can make a significant difference BEFORE an axle travel limit stop is reached. By that time it may be too late.

You really want to stop a tractor from leaving the ground. This mainly means keeping the rear wheels on the surface. They generally only lift off the ground when something bad is happening.

Widening the rear helps keep the tractor's center of gravity between the rear wheels. The tractor will only tip over at the point when the center of gravity moves outside the contact patch of the wheels. It is unlikely, but not impossible, that a front axle stop would be reached before one of the tractor's rear wheels lifts off the ground. If a front axle stop was reached, and it was on the downhill side, this would certainly be a positive. What is the chances of this happening in the real world? Do not know.

Spacers on the front MIGHT give some benefit; spacers on the rear WILL give some benefit. This is the way I view it. So money is best spent widening the rear of a tractor.

I have foam filled front tires on both my tractors, but the motivation was puncture resistance. Motivation for foam filled rear tires on my BX was "tip over resistance".

This is just meant to be a reference point. We all do what we think is best for us...