Traded my L2501 HST for a Kioti DK4210SE

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Case 580M Turbo; Kioti DK4210SE-CH; Kubota L2501 (Traded-in)
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
You haven’t added anything constructive to this thread in months. At least I’m funny.
Yeah, a real riot.

But it looks like we have a couple of things in common... we both purchased a tractor at about the same time and we both spent about the same amount of money (apples to apples without the attachments).
2610_Comparison.jpg

So, did you not look at any brand other than Kubota? Or maybe you looked at or even tried out other brands and disliked them from one reason or another? Or, maybe you just put a super-high valuation on turning radius?

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Yeah, a real riot.

But it looks like we have a couple of things in common... we both purchased a tractor at about the same time and we both spent about the same amount of money (apples to apples without the attachments). View attachment 65147

So, did you not look at any brand other than Kubota? Or maybe you looked at or even tried out other brands and disliked them from one reason or another? Or, maybe you just put a super-high valuation on turning radius?
Not sure what point you're trying to make by comparing a 40hp tractor to a 25hp model? Perhaps, he wanted a smaller tractor that weighed half as much as yours and didn't want one with a DPF system?

Hmmm, that's exactly what I wanted as well.

In all sincerity, congrats on your purchase. I hope that it serves you well and it likely will. Just be happy with what suits your needs.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Not sure what point you're trying to make by comparing a 40hp tractor to a 25hp model? Perhaps, he wanted a smaller tractor that weighed half as much as yours and didn't want one with a DPF system?
Trolls gotta troll.

His point is that he bought a tractor, and his tractor is the bestest in the world and he's really happy with it, and he needs other people to know that. And he's not happy with his tractor just being the bestest in the world, he also needs everyone else's tractor to be the worstest in the world so he can feel good. So he's here sharing all that with us in his spare time, instead of being out and driving his tractor.

Reactions: 2 users

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
I think you summed it up very nicely, thank you. For the same amount of money, if I wanted a tractor 60% less power, 50% less PTO power, less than 1/2 the lifting capacity and was half the weight, I should have bought the Kubota. We agree. Luckily that wasn't my criteria.

The point I'm trying to make (defend) is that the Kubota-or-the-highway fanboys consistently want to say that "poor misinformed me", I should have purchased a Kubota instead of what I did purchase. But, when the rubber meets the road, only (2) Kubota models have emerged. The MX, which compares on specs but which is a cool $10K (30%+) more money.... or, if we want to compare cab'd models based on price, we get the comparison I did above.

Someone is likely (and rightfully) going to say that you can't just compare on a specs sheet and I would agree. But if you are going to spend $35K-ish on a new tractor and you saw the table above, wouldn't you want to at least go look/see/drive/compare? Maybe it's moot if the Kioti dealer is far away and specializes in selling roosters, wheelbarrows, and trailers, but where dealers are reasonably comparable, it would sure seem prudent.

he also needs everyone else's tractor to be the worstest in the world so he can feel good
Not in the least. Not criticizing the decisions or buying priorities of others as we all have different requirements, live in different parts of the US, and have some unequal proximity to dealers who are good and others that are bad. No, the only objective is that in the future some prospective owner may be thinking (as I was) to upgrade and should happen to stumble across this thread and they were between let's say the LX2610 and the MX, maybe, just maybe, they might want to look at alternatives. If nothing else, the cross-shopping experience might just help them to feel better about the decisions they've made.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
...never mind. I'm not getting sucked into this black hole of a thread. Enjoy your machine. Be happy that you made the best decision for your needs.

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
Yeah, a real riot.

But it looks like we have a couple of things in common... we both purchased a tractor at about the same time and we both spent about the same amount of money (apples to apples without the attachments). View attachment 65147

Ok boomer, and yes, I looked at Kioti and Kubota, briefly Deere but the ground clearance was a real bummer for most of what I’m doing.

also you’re about 6 grand high on the LX price, but I’m glad your kids taught you to use excel.

• Haha

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
also you’re about 6 grand high on the LX price, but I’m glad your kids taught you to use excel.
I happy to correct the LX "street price" if I have gotten it wrong. Oddly enough, I derived it from a post you made a few months ago...

In March/April I got an LX2610HSDC with
-third function
-grapple (land pride SGC1060)
-box blade
-60” light material bucket
-3 point post hole auger
-rear wheel spacers
-rear tire chains
-loaded R14’s
For roughly 39,000 less tax. Ktac included
I guesstimated that the Grapple, Box Blade, and Auger to be $5,000 with implement discounts. Maybe that's low - but if you say I was $6,000 off on my price, it means that those 3 items added $11,000 to the $28,000 tractor and loader?

Current Kubota website shows LX2610 Cab @ $29,450 + $3,882 Loader, and discounting in today's environment might be rare, so I don't think my kid-taught excel example is that far off? If any real "street price" experience out there, I am happy to be wrong and correct.

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
I happy to correct the LX "street price" if I have gotten it wrong. Oddly enough, I derived it from a post you made a few months ago...

I guesstimated that the Grapple, Box Blade, and Auger to be $5,000 with implement discounts. Maybe that's low - but if you say I was $6,000 off on my price, it means that those 3 items added $11,000 to the $28,000 tractor and loader?

Current Kubota website shows LX2610 Cab @ $29,450 + $3,882 Loader, and discounting in today's environment might be rare, so I don't think my kid-taught excel example is that far off? If any real "street price" experience out there, I am happy to be wrong and correct.
Sigh,
I’ll admit with out checking my slips, since I’m 400 miles away at sea, I was a bit off. It was more like 4500, as the tractor with loader from the estimate slip was 29k & change. Plus third function kit, wheel spacers, tire chains, the grapple, the box blade, the post hole digger. Plus Ktac.

but at the end of the day here is what you have failed to grasp over the months of spread sheets and attempts to enlighten us.

no one cares. People bought what they bought and had reasons that could make sense, might not. Even if I could have gotten the 40hp, 4000 pound Kioti for exactly the same price, geuss what? I wouldn’t have. It wouldn’t fit in my car port, it wouldn’t go through the gates on my property, it would sink like a stone in a lot of the very soft ground on my 95 acres, and the dealer would be a guy that also kinda sells tractors over an hour away. Instead of an established dealer in business for 50 years with staff who have called me back after an email on a weekend. The 25 & 30hp Kioti’s I sat in felt cheap with the controls and trim, and the seat wasn’t as comfortable. I liked the cab a lot more on the LX. When you run a huge variety of equipment for a living these things tend to matter to you.

I’m glad you’re happy with your tractor, but the continued data presentation and “education” of everyone else you engage in only comes across as a subconscious need to justify your purchase to total strangers on the internet just makes you seem like a lonely insecure guy who needs another hobby.

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont

Hmmm, that's exactly what I wanted as well.

In all sincerity, congrats on your purchase. I hope that it serves you well and it likely will. Just be happy with what suits your needs.
weird right? I bought the precise tool for the tasks I needed to complete instead of just buying the biggest thing I could for the money. God I’m stupid.

• Haha

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
I'm happy for all the people who got nice orange tractors that started with a K.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
the only objective is that in the future some prospective owner may be thinking (as I was) to upgrade and should happen to stumble across this thread and they were between let's say the LX2610 and the MX, maybe, just maybe, they might want to look at alternatives. If nothing else, the cross-shopping experience might just help them to feel better about the decisions they've made.
If you really cared about the choices others make you could have been on this forum a year ago talking about the Kubota that wasn't working for you and perhaps helped some to make a better choice at time. Instead, you praised the 2501 initially only to show up a couple of years later to tell us how clever you are because you put together a spreadsheet and chose a Kioti claiming that it's more tractor for less money. No doubt you won't be back to tell of any issues or dissatisfaction with the Kioti since you didn't with the Kubota.

Pat yourself on the back and keep telling yourself that you make good decisions and that you're truly an humanitarian that cares about the Kubota owners.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
I made a good decision for me. It doesn't mean it is the right decision for someone else - how many times have I said that? Perhaps the only difference between me and *some* other folks, is that I'm not intimidated to shop across brands when/if it makes sense. That's all.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I made a good decision for me. It doesn't mean it is the right decision for someone else - how many times have I said that? Perhaps the only difference between me and *some* other folks, is that I'm not intimidated to shop across brands when/if it makes sense. That's all.
Funny that you still say others didn’t shop other brands. Most did … they just figured out they wanted to buy a Tier 1 tractor. Ok, if you didn’t want to.

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
I thought this thread was dead, but...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Just read this thread for the first time from the beginning this afternoon.

Been over two months...nota4re, did you finally get beaten into the ground? :ROFLMAO: :eek:

• Haha

mikej_111

Equipment
Dk4210se lots of attachments
Jul 21, 2022
Idaho
I understand the trade! I wanted a kubota but I would have paid 33k instead of 24k for a tractor that had 7 less hp and half the lift capacity. Everyone I’ve spoken to about kioti has had 0 issues or only one small one over a decade. This isn’t a Lexus vs Hyundai but more like a Toyota vs Honda. I love Japanese equipment, it’s built tough and I have had many Toyotas. They’re great. Kubota too. But paying the extra 9k didn’t make the least bit of sense. I use mine for field and equipment services professionally as well as my own small farm. I have a backhoe, auger, mower, tiller, grading blade and more. The front bucket and loader are quite powerful for its size. I rip and dig regularly and move dump truck loads of gravel and full buckets all the time. Don’t hate me but the forward reverse pedals are better placed as well instead of that ridiculous rocker pedal 😆. Don’t get me wrong, similar price and equipment I’d go for the kubota just for the known durability, but I have yet to find any complaints about kioti. Plus here in north Idaho, my best local dealer is kioti/tym. It was the logical choice. The kubota and Deere dealers have good reviews but all the local farmers hate them. Big pain to deal with. My dealer is fantastic. 3 generation family owned and ran like it.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Booooooo ....wait till you need service and parts. Now you can join the Kioti forum (do they even have one?) and stop bashing the few extra bucks we pay for quality.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I understand the trade! I wanted a kubota but I would have paid 33k instead of 24k for a tractor that had 7 less hp and half the lift capacity. . .my best local dealer is kioti/tym. It was the logical choice. The kubota and Deere dealers have good reviews but all the local farmers hate them. Big pain to deal with. My dealer is fantastic. 3 generation family owned and ran like it.
I'm a little perplexed why someone would join a Kubota forum just to announce his Kioti purchase.

I don't think you'll read much Kioti bashing on here. I think the biggest concern is dealer support and long term parts availability. Sounds like you've got a good dealer. Hope it works out for you. I've looked at a couple of Kioti's and was impressed with the quality.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
This isn’t a Lexus vs Hyundai but more like a Toyota vs Honda.
Nope, it’s a Toyota vs Hyundai if you want to do a car comparison. I know people with Hyundais who like them, but they don’t think they are Hondas.