Getting ready to run hydraulic hoses for grapple

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I am starting to run my hydraulic hoses for my soon to be grapple. I am planning on mounting a SS plate to the 44mm tube on the brush guard. Shown here:
proposed front mount.JPG

I'll have breakaway couplers mounted there and am planning on a weatherproof 12volt outlet there also.

So the question is, assuming the hoses are long enough for the complete range of lift and rotation, are there any issues I'm missing. I could keep the hoses centered if necessary with a couple of bungies.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Same Q as Matt, that's where mine are.
Breakaway couplers? hmm Don't think I have those.

My newb advice would be to watch the hoses in all situations for the first few hours. I ended up kinking mine on my bucket leveling rod.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Thank you for the feedback. I think I'm going to U bolt it to that 3" tube. It makes it 100x easier to run the hoses. I'll also have a pair of couplers to disconnect if/when I drop the fel

Frankb

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Belly Mower, Grapple, Rear Scrape Blade
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
Here is where the dealer mounted mine on the 2601. The L3200 I had before this one was about same location if I remember correctly.
Look just above the bucket on the right side of tractor.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
ctfjr, I still have a few of these double hose clamps that I made up for my 3rd function install on the B2650.
The clamp held the hoses nice and secure along the loader arm as seen in the pics. My hoses ended on a bracket on the round loader cross tube as Matt stated above.

Fabricated Hose Spacer Block.jpg Front Couplers Assembled.jpg

If you or anybody else would like a set, just send me a PM. A little postage would be all it takes. Made of HDPE and pinned to keep aligned. I drilled and tapped a 1/4-20 hole in my loader arm for mounting. Since I was making one for myself.....I rattled off as many as I could get off of a small scrap of the HDPE.

david

Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Here is where the dealer mounted mine on the 2601. The L3200 I had before this one was about same location if I remember correctly.
Look just above the bucket on the right side of tractor.
Frank that tractor is way too clean. 🤡

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Thanks for the suggestions and very fb offer birddogger. I will PM you!
Frank mine looks like it is going to end up there also (or pretty close).

My #2 son was up here for the weekend and we were talking about the pros n cons of what I was planning to do with the ubolts around that 3" tube. He suggested mounting a piece of angle iron on top of the hydraulic cover plate that is attached to that tube with 8mm screws on the ends. Sounded ok.

After he left I was looking at it and the light bulb went off. I have some shallow strut left over from my ballast box project. So here is where we iterated to now.

Test fit the strut:
strut test fit on tractor.jpg

The breakaway couplers and mounting bracket were supplied by Brian of Fitrite. Using 2 3/8" strut spring nuts I can mount that securely to the strut. Just need to drill out the mounting holes on the bracket to accept 3/8" bolts. Test fit:
coupler bracket test fit on strut.jpg

and while I wait for the bolts and spring nuts:
strut first coat.jpg

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Thanks for the suggestions and very fb offer birddogger. I will PM you!
Frank mine looks like it is going to end up there also (or pretty close).

My #2 son was up here for the weekend and we were talking about the pros n cons of what I was planning to do with the ubolts around that 3" tube. He suggested mounting a piece of angle iron on top of the hydraulic cover plate that is attached to that tube with 8mm screws on the ends. Sounded ok.

After he left I was looking at it and the light bulb went off. I have some shallow strut left over from my ballast box project. So here is where we iterated to now.

Test fit the strut:
View attachment 61979

The breakaway couplers and mounting bracket were supplied by Brian of Fitrite. Using 2 3/8" strut spring nuts I can mount that securely to the strut. Just need to drill out the mounting holes on the bracket to accept 3/8" bolts. Test fit:
View attachment 61980

and while I wait for the bolts and spring nuts:
View attachment 61981
That's pretty much how are Summit kit does the front mount. But without the unistrut. You can enlarge my previous pic and see it there. You might also consider being able to mount your angle plate both parallel or perpendicular to that cross tube. (should be easy with the unistrut) Doing it one way or the other may make your connecting hoses fall into place easier throughout the full motion of your grapple. I also sent you a message. I'll go searching for my stash of those brackets.... :)
david

Ricklesss

Equipment
L3901
Aug 5, 2020
Dexter Oregon
I considered mounting my couplers on the brush guard tube as well, but have decided that as much as I plan on using my grapple, I better get my grill brush guard fabricated.
I’m kind of thinking of using the Everything Attachment hydraulic hose spring (it’s bolted to a stud that is welded to that cover on the 3” tube) that holds the hose ends.
Listed on their third function page, Its supposed to prevent the hydraulic hoses from being pinched.
Not sure if that is better then it being solidly affixed.