What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I installed my Quick Hitch that I bought in January. I only got it the day before. ;) Seems like it’s going to be way easier than attaching manually.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I installed my Quick Hitch that I bought in January. I only got it the day before. ;) Seems like it’s going to be way easier than attaching manually.
What brand QH did you get?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Mowed the front field and old chicken coop area. Have to take the loader off because they both have a bunch of trees in them and too tight with loader. Had the ROPS up doing the ditches and then down to get under the trees better on the flats. Saw my Dad after (he lives next door). He had never seen the tractor without the loader and ROPS down. Said it looked a lot more like a normal tractor.

I was planning to take the brush hog off and put the loader back on. He’d never seen the loader on/off process so I had an audience for the first time. I’ve taken it off and put it back on probably 10 times. First time took forever because I was cautious and that’s just me. After that 5 minutes off. 5 minutes on.

Of course not today. I could not get the lines for the loader to go back on. The thermometer in the building it was in indicated while I was mowing the temperature had risen from 68F to 69F so I don’t think it was thermally induced pressure increase in the loader lines but no telling. Engine was off. Tractor side, I could push in the center pin with my fingernail. Normally I stand on the ground beside the loader and pop the lines on. Today I had one foot on the front tire and as much of my weight as possible on the fitting. Fought all four loader lines for about 10 minutes total. Made it look really easy; something anyone over 200lb can do by simply climbing the tractor like a monkey and putting 90% of their body weight onto each fitting in turn. Third function lines popped on no problem, just like the quick connects they are. Smooth sailing after the hydraulics were hooked up.

Dad mentioned it was a good bit easier than putting the loader on the Farmall (a most of the day project for two). I don’t foresee him trying it by himself any time soon after the show today.

Edit: Just realized why I had the problem with pressure in the loader lines. On previous removals, after loader mechanically disconnected but still hydraulically connected, I have shut off the tractor and relieved the pressure in the lines before disconnecting. This time I didn’t relieve the pressure in the lines. Operator error as usual.

Last edited:

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I got the Land Pride QH15.
I bought the much cheaper one from Harbor Freight. After a slight mod, it works a LOT better. Haven't tried it on my chipper yet, but it's a 1000 times better than it was on the box blade.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I bought the much cheaper one from Harbor Freight. After a slight mod, it works a LOT better. Haven't tried it on my chipper yet, but it's a 1000 times better than it was on the box blade.
I thought about the Harbor Freight one as well as the Speeco to use it without bushings, but liked the adjustability of the top hook on the Land Pride QH15. I could have bought the Speeco in Jan, but ordered the QH15. A week or so later the Speeco wasn’t available either. In any case, the QH15 seems to work well, so that is good.

My only partial regret is that I bought a rotary cutter which I still haven’t used. I know I will eventually, but I could have waited. :D I also bought a pull behind Swisher Roughcut in the same time frame to pull behind my UTV. I used it for cleanup with the ground conditions were still snowy/wet. It actually did a great job on my sagebrush and is completely reliable after some replacement parts. Apparently, they lost their torque wrench when they assembled it, or maybe the weak person was working that day. The main part that failed did require 235lbs of torque. Any way, the Rotary Cutter (my most expensive implement) is right where it was delivered. A pretty expensive spaceholder. :D Swisher Customer Support sent the parts out promptly along with a new belt and blades just in case.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I took the FEL off and put it back on. Mostly out of curiosity of what it looked like. That and to see if I could do it. I can. It's very easy.
I guess I did other stuff, too, but just little piddly things. Wife used it to transplant some overgrown lillies from near the house to the end of the driveway. I moved the camper a little bit... You know.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I thought about the Harbor Freight one as well as the Speeco to use it without bushings, but liked the adjustability of the top hook on the Land Pride QH15. I could have bought the Speeco in Jan, but ordered the QH15. A week or so later the Speeco wasn’t available either. In any case, the QH15 seems to work well, so that is good.

My only partial regret is that I bought a rotary cutter which I still haven’t used. I know I will eventually, but I could have waited. :D I also bought a pull behind Swisher Roughcut in the same time frame to pull behind my UTV. I used it for cleanup with the ground conditions were still snowy/wet. It actually did a great job on my sagebrush and is completely reliable after some replacement parts. Apparently, they lost their torque wrench when they assembled it, or maybe the weak person was working that day. The main part that failed did require 235lbs of torque. Any way, the Rotary Cutter (my most expensive implement) is right where it was delivered. A pretty expensive spaceholder. :D Swisher Customer Support sent the parts out promptly along with a new belt and blades just in case.
I have the Swisher walk-behind, and yes, they are BEASTS. I hit a 6" stump with it and knocked about a quarter of the top of the stump off. Stalled the blade and slipped the belt just a little before I could let go of the clutch. Stump looked like I hit it with my axe. Blade was still true, bearings unharmed, stump VERY harmed, and more brush to keep cutting. Cranked back up and away I went. I've cut 2" privet down with that thing. If the terrain's as rough as mine, though, it's like wrestling a bear minus the claws and teeth. It'll beat ya silly. I normally wind up with bruises from the handles hitting me when a wheel drops in a hole. But I keep going back for more, because it's made a heck of a difference in my lot, a little bit at a time.

If I was anywhere near MT, I'd come by and talk ya outta that rotary. Next phase of cleanup is a LOT of undergrowth in the back 3rd of the yard. I'd rather chop it up where it stands than cut it and chip it. Some of it's too big for the Swisher and needs to be negotiated with something a little more hostile.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Do you have or use a chicken tractor or just the coops?
Just coops. They are in the coop, fully covered now 450 sqft area while no one is home. They usually get let out around 3:00 in the afternoon to wander and eat until they all head back in around dusk.

We 'lost' our first 8 last year to dogs, woke up to all of them dead and fence broken. Killed them all and left them laying so pretty sure dogs--especially since I saw them there the next day-- as a predator would have eaten them. Added the electric fence and not a problem since. My wife is adding 6 more so the expansion will be nice. They are still fairly small and living in her workshop so I have time to get it organized for her.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Good on the 'lectric fence. I have always heard that once a chicken killin' dog, always a chicken killin' dog.

• Wow

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Had the local tire shop come over and load my one rear tire
that had only air. That is the way it came from the previous owner although he didn't seem to know whether it was loaded or not..
I suspected it was dry when I was doing some gravel work with the loader and
that side wanted to spin easy and come up off the ground a little once or twice.
The other rear tire was overloaded with calcium and the outer stem was crap and corroded so they drained some of that fluid and replaced the outer stem .
hundred bucks, good deal IMO.
Ready to work now, woods road here I come.

Rzims

Equipment
B7800
Apr 28, 2021
California
I recently purchased an 06 B7800 that had been left outside and not used very often so I've been cleaning and waxing the body and wire-wheeling, priming and painting the worst of the spots.
Wheels last weekend, ROPS this past weekend
wheel before.jpg wheel after.jpg ROPS before.jpg ROPS after.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I recently purchased an 06 B7800 that had been left outside and not used very often so I've been cleaning and waxing the body and wire-wheeling, priming and painting the worst of the spots.
Wheels last weekend, ROPS this past weekend
View attachment 60008 View attachment 60009 View attachment 60010 View attachment 60011
Lookin good.

If that is the right front in the photo, that after pic looks like the tread on that R1 is pointed in the wrong direction. Might just be me, though.

Rzims

Equipment
B7800
Apr 28, 2021
California
Lookin good.

If that is the right front in the photo, that after pic looks like the tread on that R1 is pointed in the wrong direction. Might just be me, though.
thanks - trying to get the worst of it while at the same time balancing my OCD with a more moderate approach....left to my own devices, I
Lookin good.

you're right!! Thank you for catching that....was rushing to put them back on and wasn't paying attention

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Moved an 1,100 pound pizza oven! Barely. Had 650 pounds of ballast, I was able to get it 3" off the ground to scoot it along. New Jersey's Italian families take pizza very seriously :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 10 users

Rzims

Equipment
B7800
Apr 28, 2021
California
Moved an 1,100 pound pizza oven! Barely. Had 650 pounds of ballast, I was able to get it 3" off the ground to scoot it along. New Jersey's Italian families take pizza very seriously :ROFLMAO:

looking at pizza ovens currently.....need more details...