What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Equipment
B2601 TLB
Feb 22, 2021
Deerfield, NJ
Rode over to the neighbor's place to continue digging out stumps (taken about 20 out so far, probably just as many to go) but got a call from the wife just as I arrived. A neighbor, who we've never met before, stopped at the house and asked for help. He said he knew I had a tractor and he was attempting to dig a grave for his dog that had just passed. He asked my wife if I would be able to assist.

He lives about 4 minutes away by tractor speed, so I was there in about 3 and a half. Dug a small grave for what ended up being his mom's dog's ashes. Took maybe 15 minutes including travel time. He was very appreciative, as was I that I was able to help.

Tractored back to my original plan and helped dig about 5 more stumps. Was a pretty productive day.

Pic of my neighbor posing with the last stump of the day. Liquids were consumed after digging out this black walnut double stump.

20210429_151450.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

Equipment
B2601 TLB
Feb 22, 2021
Deerfield, NJ
That is a monster stump!!
I've found that this B2601 can handle a lot more than I thought it would. That stump took about an hour and a half total from start to finished grading. Biggest stump so far, but there's a couple more just as big still in the ground.

Reactions: 1 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Pic of my neighbor posing with the last stump of the day. Liquids were consumed after digging out this black walnut double stump.
BBR! Growing up in Wisconsin in the 70's allowed me to consume a few cans and bottles :).

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I don't have one so I am enjoying yours. ;)
Happy to oblige 😁 Used the grapple and box blade again today and have a LP broadcast spreader coming. My core aerator is stuck in transit somewhere.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Today I got to exercise the post hole digger some more. I planted the area in front of the dog fence at the bottom of the driveway with Boxwoods and Andromeda Katsura. Just have to mark out the area now and mulch it.
Also planted 10 Mountain Laurels along side the fence going down into the woods. The boss always hated the way the fence looked - 4X4's with turkey wire - even though its off to the side and isn't really part of the back yard. In a few years these plants will hide it.

Lower driveway

planting lower driveway before mulching.jpg

ugly fence

plantings mountain laurel along fence.jpg

Got another lesson is exactly how rocky our soil is today. I can't believe I didn't snap a single shear pin!

Reactions: 3 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
spread 125 tons of topsoil... yesterday, not sure if that still counts ;)

Reactions: 9 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Soooo, mowing in the wind for 4 hrs and this is what it looks like. this was not a great time to mow and now to clean them up
lol that is crazy! ^^ it was so windy yesterday
reminds me of this

Reactions: 1 user

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Wasnt on the kubota but drove to the dealer today, forgot they closed an noon. Oh well the pup enjoyed the drive in the truck.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Loaded up the TLB and grapple. Heading to a friends farm. Ripping out an old garden. The tractor that’s there is too big to get to where the work needs to get done. Also gotta check on my pig while I’m there.

I think the ratchet binders were a good choice. First time hauling the tractor with them but hauled a friends farm Jeep with them.They are quick and hold tight with little effort. I’m so happy I found this trailer. Perfect size. If I take the BH off to do 3pt work I can easily toss the box blade and tiller on.

28A6D9EF-BC25-4671-9C41-9D51E94FE44A.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Cleaned up some gravel and sod off of the lawn. Tried to get some lime and fertilizer to try out the new broadcast spreader but the local fertilizer plant was lined up with farmers and I didn't feel like waiting.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
In the "Off Topics" board I showed building a log drink cooler and axe throwing targets for our youngest Grandson's high school senior party tonight. So they now needed moving to the scene of the crime:
IMG_9630.JPG

Loading the targets.
IMG_9632.JPG

Making the haul.
IMG_9633.JPG

And setting them up. Luke is seen in the background testing the targets. Dat log is gonna hold a lotsa iced down drinks.

Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
View attachment 58946
Pulled a #150 Feral Hog from my culvert crossing that he butt plugged. Shot him early Friday morning on my way to meet a buddy to go bass fishing. He ran 50 yards into woods, so I thought. I don't track hogs because if they run off the field, I let nature...Coyotes and Buzzards do the rest.

I guess he ran to the creek or the coyotes dragged him into the creek. 2.5" of Rain Saturday morning and I went to check crossing between storms. Damn. Hog would have to stop up my upper culvert pipe.

I have a new MX5400 with a FEL. I was able to hoist him up with a rope tied to the grapple and drag him to a place where he became part of the food chain.

This is hog number #52 dispatched since November 1, 2020.

Alabama F&W require a Harvest Report sent in Nov-Sept. for Hogs and Coyotes. After deer season ends, permits are issued to hunt them 24/7. This is hog number 302 dispatched in the past 4 years on 115 acres of land. I HATE Feral Hogs.
New permit for boar and coyote hunting at night in AL now, good on all FWS lands, and also lets private land owners just give written permission. They no longer have to get the permit. Saves private property owners from having to get one to let folks hunt varmints and destructive species. Coyote at night, don't really care, but I can't think of anything a lot more horrifying than hunting feral hog at night. They won't look straight at you, meaning you won't see their eyes until it's too late and you're feeling their tusks ripping your leg open. Gonna want to have some good hawg dawgs that are smart enough to not get cut.

I grew up down in Washington County, mostly river bottom land with HUGE palmetto groves. It was always scary crossing the palmetto where you can't see more than about 4 feet unless you get down on your belly and look under the fronds. Then you're liable to be nose to nose with a feral hog. Killed a few back in the day, before ALFWS started counting everything, including the ticks and fleas on the squirrels.

I feel your angst about feral hogs. One of the first paying jobs I ever got was from a guy up in Choctaw County (county line was about 2 miles in front of our house). He wanted to plant a bunch of millet fields for fall dove hunting. What he failed to tell me though, is that the field I was going to start on had been planted the year before, and the feral hogs had REALLY enjoyed what the doves left behind. I might have weighed 110 pounds when I was 14, and had to stand in the same place twice to make a shadow. I could hide from a rain storm under a clothes line. He put my puny little butt up on top of a Ford 5000 with a 12 foot disk behind it. There were wallows that the entire tractor, disk and all, would just disappear in. Not so bad if I hit it head on, but if I got the wallow with only one side, things got violent. I was black and blue from topknot to toenails from getting bounced off the fenders the entire day. After the first two passes, it was a little more manageable, and I hooked a 20 foot length of railroad iron behind the disk for a drag. Then, ran a seeder and broadcaster for fertilizer over it and dragged the rail over it again to cover the seed. I was on that tractor from sun up until sun down, and ate my lunch while I was working. The richest man in Choctaw County (at the time) paid me $14 ($1/hr). Silly me didn't negotiate pay before I took the job (or actually, my step dad took it for me to keep me outta trouble). I found a hay hauling job after that, and became the "rake man" on a Massey 135a for the rest of the summer. I was being paid $3/hr to ride around on smooth grassy fields and learn how to chew tobacco and not spit on the tractor.