Wanted: 6 volt DC portable tire inflator

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Glad that will work out for you, armylifer! I'd be interested in a pic of your model T and how your fabrication and final project turns out.
Here are a couple of pictures. It is drivable. I drive it often but that does not mean the project is finished. There is always something to do on it.

IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Here is a picture of what I plan to do with mine. This one is not mine, I found it on one of the Model T websites.

1923 Ford Model T Roadster Pickup.jpg

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
That looks like fun!!
It is for sure. I live in a rural area so I don't have a lot of people lined up behind me when I drive it. The fastest that I have ever driven it was 42 MPH. There is no speedometer so the only way to measure your speed is by GPS. I have a couple of new coils on order for it to replace two that are not sparking as well as they should be. They work okay when running on magneto but the new ignition timer (E-timer) I installed last week runs on battery only. Two of my coils are not up to that task.

I bought this thing about 6 weeks ago from a guy in Oregon. It was not running when I bought it but I got it running within the first week I owned it. I had it roadworthy before I owned it for 10 days. It was a lot of work but it is worth it.

Although I have the original wiring and 6 volt electrical system in it right now, I may at some point convert to a 12 volt system. That is down the road though. Right now I am having fun just driving it and making improvements along the way.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Here are a couple of pictures. It is drivable.
Army - - - that is so cool!

It's drivable..that's funny....how much motive machinery do you know of that's usable 99 years later?:cool:

Even a "late" Model T will be 100 pretty quick....made until 1927, I think?

I have a friend that restored just T's for years.

He and several other friends got into Model A's later on.

I've been fortunate enough to be part of classic car museum for 20+ years. We've grown to be one of the largest in the east since 1997.

I've seen a lot of cool cars in those years there.

Note: Posting link to our soon-to-be renovated website. Not intended to be marketing, it's just kinda cool. "Watch Our Video" link on Home Page is pretty good. Shows a bunch of cool vehicles you don't see everyday.

Daren Todd stopped a few years ago. We and our wives had dinner afterwards. He posted a bunch of pics here on OTT.

Home - Northeast Classic Car Museum

Last edited:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Army - - - that is so cool!

It's drivable..that's funny....how much motive machinery do you know of that's usable 99 years later?:cool:

Even a "late" Model T will be 100 pretty quick....made until 1927, I think?

I have a friend that restored just T's for years.

He and several other friends got into Model A's later on.

I've been fortunate enough to be part of classic car museum for 20+ years. We've grown to be one of the largest in the east since 1997.

I've seen a lot of cool cars in those years there.

Note: Posting link to our soon-to-be renovated website. Not intended to be marketing, it's just kinda cool.

Daren Todd stopped a few years ago. We and our wives had dinner afterwards. He posted a bunch of pics here on OTT.

Home - Northeast Classic Car Museum
I don't belong to any clubs or forums for the T. I just bought it for something to occupy my time. It turned into a near passion. Since I bought it I have read more about Model T's than I ever thought possible. I have always thought that the T was a cool car but until I bought this one I never realized how much innovation and engineering went into the development of it.

The reason that I even thought about buying this one was because a friend of mine went to look at it. He was interested in buying it but it was out of his price range. Since he has built 3 other Model T's, he knows what he is looking at. He told me the car was well worth what the asking price was and if he could afford it he would definitely buy it.

I was not even thinking about it until the ride home. By the time we got back to home he had me convinced that I should buy it. As soon as I got in the house I called the guy and told him I would buy it if it passed a title background check. I went to the DMV, had the title check done and confirmed the sale the next day. I have not regretted it since. It is a fun project with no timeline for finish. I actually lose track of time when I am working on it. For me, it is the perfect activity for this stage in my life.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Bicycle pump. No battery's needed. That's how GrtGrandpa did it when a Model T was new
Yeah, I tried that once. It took about 200 pumps if I remember right, to get 50 psi in the tire. No thanks. Thanks for the suggestion though.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I don't belong to any clubs or forums for the T. I just bought it for something to occupy my time. It turned into a near passion. Since I bought it I have read more about Model T's than I ever thought possible. I have always thought that the T was a cool car but until I bought this one I never realized how much innovation and engineering went into the development of it.

The reason that I even thought about buying this one was because a friend of mine went to look at it. He was interested in buying it but it was out of his price range. Since he has built 3 other Model T's, he knows what he is looking at. He told me the car was well worth what the asking price was and if he could afford it he would definitely buy it.

I was not even thinking about it until the ride home. By the time we got back to home he had me convinced that I should buy it. As soon as I got in the house I called the guy and told him I would buy it if it passed a title background check. I went to the DMV, had the title check done and confirmed the sale the next day. I have not regretted it since. It is a fun project with no timeline for finish. I actually lose track of time when I am working on it. For me, it is the perfect activity for this stage in my life.
Having a nearby friend with his background on that car makes it a lot easier to make an intelligent decision on purchase and all stages of improvements. Like having a coach for your project.

Do you wear a mask while driving around? 😁 😁

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Having a nearby friend with his background on that car makes it a lot easier to make an intelligent decision on purchase and all stages of improvements. Like having a coach for your project.

Do you wear a mask while driving around? 😁 😁
I never wear a mask. Only criminals and those who have something to hide wear masks.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I never wear a mask. Only criminals and those who have something to hide wear masks.
Going way OT...

I have an old-school quick draw rig and a revolver. And a cowboy hat. Open carry is legal in NC.
I wanted to go out with all that and a bandana for a mask. My wife talked me out of it. Probably a good thing.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Going way OT...

I have an old-school quick draw rig and a revolver. And a cowboy hat. Open carry is legal in NC.
I wanted to go out with all that and a bandana for a mask. My wife talked me out of it. Probably a good thing.
My friend that builds Model T's had a western theme for his wedding, complete with western wear and guns. Everyone in the wedding party toted a firearm. The father of the bride toted a shotgun as he walked down the walk with his daughter. If we did that today somebody somewhere would have us committed as crazy, I am sure.