Every MX5400 needs a rifle

100AkerWood

Equipment
2021 Kubota MX5400 1973 Kubota B6000 1979 MF245 J-Bar Grapple, Rake & Blade
Mar 2, 2021
Lee County AL
I installed a Great Day “tool” Mount below my canopy today. I have a feral hog problem and inevitably when I am without a rifle I see one. I bought the tool rack off A and had to scrounge and drill two back plates for the ROP clamps. I mounted the clamps backwards and it fit perfectly.

It is secure, within reach overhead, and will hold a 37” compact rifle within the canopy. If you don’t have a canopy Longer rifles will be fine. Glad to have a place to put a rifle that is secure, within reach, and fit like it was made for the MX.
6D4C8448-7E8E-4471-A6EA-B410470DDCB1.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I'm up north and short of a neighbors pig escaping their pen, we don't have a hog problem here. However, if I find myself behind my 5 month old pup with either a coyote, bobcat or aggressive black bear on the other end, let's just say my shotgun would quickly de-escalate the situation 😉

Last edited:

GeraldVG

Equipment
M7060, 8' 3008 BushHog and fairly long list of older implements
We have cayotes and armadillo around here in NC Arkansas that warrant the same "greeting", but managing that from within a cab is a little (but doable) problematic, so I am generally unarmed just at the wrong time. :-( A rifle rack is definitely on my to-do list, however.

tradosaurus

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 HST, Land Pride RCR2660 , EA 60" Xtreme grapple, EA box blade
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
speaking of critters,, I just noticed a ground hog near one of my buildings today. Are they a problem???
For gophers I recommend the Cinch trap

I had about 10 of them when I moved on to my property and tried various ways to get rid of them until I found the Cinch trap. Within a month I had all but one stubborn gopher dead and that one took another month being patient. ;)

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
My hatred of woodchucks came from one summer when one was locked in my shed when the doors were closed when I was done for the day. This happened twice in that summer.
The woodchuck chewed on every inch of the 1x4 just above the bottom plate that the metal siding is screwed to and then they climbed onto every bench that was near a window and knocked everything either on the floor or created a mess of everything on the benches.
I now have a couple of live traps secured around the perimeter of the 42' x 64' machine shed to hopefully capture them before they can cause any more damage.
I also had one get in my attached garage but I noticed it before I closed the doors and disposed of it with 22 birdshot as I did not want solid bullets ricocheting around the garage.

Reactions: 1 users

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
No feral pig here.... Knock on wood...
But a rifle is standard equipment in the yard as I have had to "intervene" with lynx, fox, coyote, bear around the livestock barns.. Also bear up on the house porch more than once.. Wolf and bear in the big pasture.. Cougar at the neighbors, but not here.. Knock on wood..

Remember...
The farther north you go, the more things that can eat your horse and you.. Grandpa Gilbert

Keep safe..

100AkerWood

Equipment
2021 Kubota MX5400 1973 Kubota B6000 1979 MF245 J-Bar Grapple, Rake & Blade
Mar 2, 2021
Lee County AL
What did I do with my tractor with my tractor this weekend....

Get a fast ass pig I shot - Friday morning on my way to a day on the lake - outta my creek crossing culvert.

Pig ran to woods, rained like heck Saturday and must all run into the creek and the coyotes ate til he butt plugged my culvert.

Glad I have a FEL!

7B88B345-AD53-4141-8084-074EA6446AF7.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user