LX2610 how to slow loader drop?

Dlrotter

Equipment
LX2610SU
Sep 15, 2020
West Point TX
The bucket for example with a load in it drops quickly and really bounces the tractor around if not careful. Is there a way to add resistance in the hydraulic line when lowering it to not drop so quick? I know you can slightly control the drop, but it is extremely sensitive, then drops all of a sudden without warning. I don't ever see needing to drop the bucket so quickly even when empty. Anyone else experience this? Or do i just have to get used to it?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The bucket for example with a load in it drops quickly and really bounces the tractor around if not careful. Is there a way to add resistance in the hydraulic line when lowering it to not drop so quick? I know you can slightly control the drop, but it is extremely sensitive, then drops all of a sudden without warning. I don't ever see needing to drop the bucket so quickly even when empty. Anyone else experience this? Or do i just have to get used to it?
Operator and loader valve.

It will get easier the more you do it. For you due to practice, and the valve from wearing in.

Reactions: 1 user

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
You'll get better at it with time, I find the FEL control has a good bit of weight to the control for feedback, so with practice you'll have it down pat👍

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
So the question is, do you have a problem with your loader control, or do you just have to get used to operating it?

Hard for anyone to answer accurately from this distance. Can only guess really.

How far away is your dealer? Perhaps you could visit and try out another loader for comparison?

What you have described does not sound right to me, but I only have experience with one loader, that which is on my B2910. But empty, the loader does not fall crazy fast at all, even if I put it in float and let it drop that way.

Try another loader for comparison, and you may get your answer.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
ARE you by chance throwing it into the float position when pushing forward?

I agree with everyone else - hopefully it is the the tweaking of the wrist.

ThomasH

Equipment
LX2610HSDC BH77
May 26, 2020
Cheney, WA
generally speaking, I would say you just need more practice. On my LX2610, I found it very easy to develop the muscle memory to gently lower the loader. However, there is in fact an inline orifice that restricts the flow on the line that lowers the loader that is designed to remedy the very problem you describe, and I suppose it's possible that your tractor is missing that orifice.

ThomasH

Equipment
LX2610HSDC BH77
May 26, 2020
Cheney, WA
generally speaking, I would say you just need more practice. On my LX2610, I found it very easy to develop the muscle memory to gently lower the loader. However, there is in fact an inline orifice that restricts the flow on the line that lowers the loader that is designed to remedy the very problem you describe, and I suppose it's possible that your tractor is missing that orifice.
Ok, let me rephrase that, on most loaders there is a restricting orifice on the lowering function, I can't say 100% for sure if the LX2610 has one.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
If it operates anything at all like the L2501, then you just have to learn to work the loader stick. The L2501 loader will drop hard too with a load if you just lay into it and let it fall. I can ease 1500lbs down like a feather though after using the tractor for a year. You just have to get a feel for the stick. You can control the speed by making small movements with the stick. If however the load is dropping with just minor movements then Id think it is not operating properly. Also note that running the tractor at Higher RPM's makes the loader operate quicker as well.

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
To solve that problem loaders have a regenerative valve on the dump circuit - apparently your loader is not equipped with that feature.

ThomasH

Equipment
LX2610HSDC BH77
May 26, 2020
Cheney, WA
To solve that problem loaders have a regenerative valve on the dump circuit - apparently your loader is not equipped with that feature.
The LX2610 does have a regenerative circuit on the dump circuit. I believe he is talking about lowering the boom, not dumping the bucket.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
The bucket for example with a load in it drops quickly and really bounces the tractor around if not careful.
By the Kubota brochure for your LX2610SU, FEL control valve is in right rear fender, is that correct? If so, put your hand down on fender, and use your palm to move the fel stick forward, it will have alot less torque/movement then moving the top of lever at knob. Might help feathering control and worth a try.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Gotta agree with those saying practice. When I first got my 3301, all the movements with it were big and jerking. Now, a few years later, I can lower it fairly gently and with reasonable precision. So far, I can drop it onto my truck's tailgate so it is in contact with the tailgate but without moving the suspension at all. Maybe not "feather" light but a lot better than I used to be.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
The heavier the bucket load the more sensitive it gets on the drop. You just need to feather it! Mine is sensitive also. Keep at it and you will get used to it!

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Yep practice, and don’t put your wife up in a basket until your very good at fine adjusting including raise/lower and curl/dump - simultaneously.
432D2B9D-8012-4261-BFA1-C769327957E6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I just cannot seem to buy into the "you just need to practice" idea.

In my case, from day one I did not need any practice to operate my B2910 loader. It just worked as I would have expected. And still does after 18 years. Of course I could be an extremely talented loader operator, but that is highly doubtful.

Certainly it is possible to learn to counteract problems with equipment. Feather a control to an extreme degree if that control is excessively sensitive...in order to get satisfactory results kind of thing.

But do you guys with the same tractor as the OP really feel that your loader is so sensitive that you have to be extremely careful when you operate it?

IF so I would consider that a design deficiency at minimum. But would then agree that action to deal with such a deficiency, I.E., learning to deal with it, would be necessary.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Ok, let me rephrase that, on most loaders there is a restricting orifice on the lowering function, I can't say 100% for sure if the LX2610 has one.
There is no restrictor or orifice in the LX series or the LA series. Very few manufactures have ever used a restrictor or orifice to control an AG loader lowering speed.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I just cannot seem to buy into the "you just need to practice" idea.

In my case, from day one I did not need any practice to operate my B2910 loader. It just worked as I would have expected. And still does after 18 years. Of course I could be an extremely talented loader operator, but that is highly doubtful.
I'd never even sat on a tractor before, so for me it definitely required learning how to operate it. Nothing to do with the equipment, just not KNOWING how to operate it with any finesse. It didn't take long - a couple years of ownership, but less than 50 hours of USE before I was a LOT better.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Yep practice, and don’t put your wife up in a basket until your very good at fine adjusting including raise/lower and curl/dump - simultaneously.
View attachment 50636
Is she finishing the sentence ....

"If you take a picture of me, I am going to ....................."

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Is she finishing the sentence ....

"If you take a picture of me, I am going to ....................."
She trusts me but it would only take one slip. I’m very careful and deliberate in my movement. Otherwise I lose my free help and fringe benefits 🤪. Today she took the blower up.

9BBE43CB-BFB6-4023-8C34-FA1A06A727D4.jpeg

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Not trying to beat this dog to death, but since I only have experience with one loader (well guess I did get some training on a skid steer at work I guess), I am really curious now. Do you guys think what is mentioned in the highlighted text above is normal?

Certainly not normal in my small world...:unsure: