3650 hydraulic system fill

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
on a 3650 why does it have two places to fill the hydraulic oil.its got one in the back where it is on my bigger kubotas and one top of the transmission.the sight glass behind the clutch shows to be full.the one one the top of the rearend has no dip stick or sight glass that i can find to check it.so my question have they got to be filled seperately and how do i check the level in the back one. thanks.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Just use the sight glass on the side of the tranny. It will be the proper level for the fluid. It can be filled from either place. Some of the loaders had a return line that is plumbed into the rear plug.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
on a 3650 why does it have two places to fill the hydraulic oil.its got one in the back where it is on my bigger kubotas and one top of the transmission.the sight glass behind the clutch shows to be full.the one one the top of the rearend has no dip stick or sight glass that i can find to check it.so my question have they got to be filled seperately and how do i check the level in the back one. thanks.
Both fill places go to the same reservoir. Keep a close eye on the sight glass while filling. It is easy to overfill and then you can't see the oil level.

After you start up the tractor, run it around a while and cycle all of the hydraulics. Then check the sight glass and make any adjustments.

Also, be sure to drain the brake drums of hydraulic fluid. Take out the lower drail plugs that look like bolts (they aren't). That stuff is the lowest point and can be yucky.