What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
SO far so good. I haven't added my lights yet but I did check output at the battery and I am getting just over 14 volts.

Install is straight forward and everything lines up where it needs to be. There is some extra wire between the starter hook up and where the loom plugs into the alternator but its to be expected if the kit is universal.

EDIT: I did immediately notice the stock headlights don't dim at idle like they used to.

chieffan

Equipment
B7100HST w/RC60-71B Deck
Jan 12, 2016
SW Iowa Adams county
Put a new battery in. Battery was 5 years old and was partially froze when I got the tractor. Been sitting for 2+ years. Slow 2 A charge for a couple days, then a couple more on 10A charge and it came back. It started the tractor a few times but did not have the hang power it needs. CCA rated at 525. Test showed 465. Old battery went in a 16hp Briggs L head.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Eipo. Thanks for the info on the alternator kit. I did install four 27 watt led lights on my tractor. The dynamo will handle them and did check amp draw with DC amp clamp and with all lights on pulls right at 9 amps with the dynamo rated at 14.5 amps. What I did find thru alot of experimentation is that I have to run the tractor at least 1800 rpms to stay above battery voltage with all the lights on. Now that I know that, if I am going to get off the tractor for a couple minutes and let tractor high idle while plowing snow I turn the lights off. The dynamo is rated to handle what I have done but I still may upgrade in the future. Thanks.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Installed the new radiator hoses and the "missing" right side fan belt guard.

The fan belt guard came in a plastic bag with an interesting logo on it.....
I have never seen this logo before, wondering if any one has any info on it?

Also painted the fuel tank, steering column cover, pedals, foot pads,
and a few other things blue.

Attachments

corl

Equipment
MX5100, F2100, BX2500
Tilled one garden with the MX5100 and 74 inch Phoenix tiller today. It is unusual to get on the garden this early but the weather was in the 60s today and sunny. Still a bit damp but I had put 250 cu yards of mushroom compost on the garden previously and wanted to get it tiled in.

DThrash

Lifetime Member

Equipment
7030SU MX 4700
Sep 29, 2015
Eutaw AL
Changed engine oil , hyd oil , and filters in both orange machines. Pocket book fills a lot lighter.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Started and ran mine yesterday, but no frost in the ground so I couldn't take her up in the field - bummer I wanted to take my grandson for a ride too.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Bill,

This is the official Grey Market logo...

"Shhhhsssshhhhhh!!!!"

:D

chieffan

Equipment
B7100HST w/RC60-71B Deck
Jan 12, 2016
SW Iowa Adams county
Not much frost here any more but it does freeze up about every night yet. 26° F this morning. Hauled a heavy load of wood for 1/2 mile out of a field yesterday. Top part of the tree is home. The big stuff comes today. 5 yo granddaughter is coming over to help grandpa drive his "new" tractor.

aarolar

Aug 26, 2012
Augusta GA
Have company coming fishing tomorrow so I hitched up to the IH 1300 and cleaned up around the pond some.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Sure like my sickle mower too, yours is a much nicer setup. My 1940's jd works but its a brute.
Also like the ElCamino in the background.

aarolar

Aug 26, 2012
Augusta GA
Yep I like the mower a lot one day I want to put a cylinder on it to make it capable of mowing my ditches. The El Camino is a project for some day '72 model was a gift from my wife's grandmother.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Had a little bush hogging to do..

It was a first for me, I'd never run a bush hog before. I learned that for me a 60" bush hog is the right size for my b2620. Even with this stuff over my head.

Last edited:

Builtough

Equipment
Kubota B2601 with loader, pallet forks, rear bade, bush hog
May 15, 2015
Ottawa, Ohio, United states
Looks like you have a pasture there! Be careful...I cleared four acres like that and now it's fenced and I'm in the steer business! Also: Are those homemade grapples on your bucket or can you tell me the model?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I started the switch of seasons. Kinda early for these parts, but extended forecast looks like no snow storms in the near future. :D

Pulled the snowblower off, put loader on, and tried my new Titan Clamp-on pallet forks for fit.

Greased both the blower when off, and loader going on. Since I only did driveway once this winter, will skip my usual spring oil change.

Forks fit well. Have to use the gap in the BXPanded Toothbar. Probably won't use them for much other than picking heavy stuff off the truck, and pulling truck away. :p

Attachments

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia
Well a few weeks ago I got my fluid and filter kit from Messicks for my little old BX1800 and changed it all. I purchased the front axle and pivot seals and plan to tackle that when it warms up a bit. But Friday I kicked myself in the bollocks a bit, tackled the all to familure BX fuel sender leak. Got the new stuff from Messick's, got done filled it to the brim with fuel (cause I'm a confident idiot, ha). Worked a 24hr shift yesterday only to come home at 06:00 this am and find my garage floor with a nice puddle of diesel, ugh and it stinks and the Warden (wife) is not happy. So now I have to go to the store tomorrow and pick up a Diesel resistant gasket sealer and pull her back apart. I've been a shade tree mechanic all my life and I like to work on stuff but I hate doing things twice.

Moral of the story, a smart man would have simply not topped off the tank and parked on a slope and checked his work before he got all confident and threw her together. So learn from my mistake, check it to be sure. I'm supposed to be getting smarter as I get older, guess not.

Have a good one fellas, still love the little orange girl in my garage. She's much more machine than any of the green things I have had and for far less $.

Stay safe gents, Rye.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Looks like you have a pasture there! Be careful...I cleared four acres like that and now it's fenced and I'm in the steer business! Also: Are those homemade grapples on your bucket or can you tell me the model?
We are trying to figure out what to do over there, the field is about 3 acres of 6 act tract we have owned for years, probably plant a garden there this year.

The grapple is the handiest attachment I have& I use it constantly. This is where I got it . http://www.greens-machine.com/index.html

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Rye, the only real problem you have, you forgot to work under that shade tree. Just dump a bag of kitty litter on the floor.....