What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Added oil pressure gauge to the ol B7100 - something simple got to a PITA - then again sometime simple = PITA

Got hooked up - 60 psi deep cold - 29 ish hot at idle ........and it was 50 today, 70's next week........

come on spring - hurry the 'ell up !!!:D:)

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Added oil pressure gauge to the ol B7100 - something simple got to a PITA - then again sometime simple = PITA

Got hooked up - 60 psi deep cold - 29 ish hot at idle ........and it was 50 today, 70's next week........

come on spring - hurry the 'ell up !!!:D:)
Them there are some purdy, shiny gauges :D:D nice job on the install :D:D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Nice, yep the gauges even match. Same manufacture and everything. What's next, shade canopy?
Damnit D2Cat .....you have been reading my mind.....again!!!!!!!!:eek::D:)
That is exactly where my thoughts are - just havent convinced myself I "need" it just yet.....I am waiting for the big freakin hot ball to come up out of the sky and shed some light on the subject! ;):)

Only reason gauges are the same .....cause they were the cheapest to meet my needs! :D I let you know how long they last!:)

chieffan

Equipment
B7100HST w/RC60-71B Deck
Jan 12, 2016
SW Iowa Adams county
I like where you mounted the gauges. I was thinking of using the mine gauges and mounting on top of the tower just ahead of the steering wheel. I think you place would work better. Thanks for the post.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
85Hokie, nice work on the install. It would be nice for future reference if you would detail your install, including PITA issues, which parts used, etc. to simplify it for others. Just and idea. Thanks.

millsan1

Equipment
BX25D, SGC05, 4' Box Blade, 6' rake, 6' blade, Titan BX42 Chipper
I installed the Land Pride grapple on my BX25, and used it a bunch.

Very versatile and useful implement.

Move tons of brush, branches, logs, etc and started a good sized boulder pile for landscaping purposes.

Used it to push over and uproot a fair number of small trees and scrub bushes. So much faster than with the bucket, as I can get one tine under a rootball and pluck up the tree or shrub.

It is also very useful as a rake, running backwards, or to dig up a semi buried boulder.

Very happy with the purchase.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Installed a SAE adapter to recharge battery and horn on bx23 that does not come installed. Wildfires videos show ideas to do to little tractor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
We just dragged downed trees, and tree top to the burn pile then used the blade to keep ever thing pushed together ,,, I really need to shower now

chieffan

Equipment
B7100HST w/RC60-71B Deck
Jan 12, 2016
SW Iowa Adams county
Had some big limbs out of the 15 yo Hybrid Poplars that came out during the winter. Drug them to the ditch for burning. Had an old power pole used for an old fence post that rotted off. Drug it to the pile. Before I started the tractor checked the oil and coolant level again. Everything stayed the same. Dropped the oil out one more time and put in a fresh 4 quarts of Northland Diesel Oil. So far so good on the block sealer. Tractor starts and runs better all the time.

chieffan

Equipment
B7100HST w/RC60-71B Deck
Jan 12, 2016
SW Iowa Adams county
Mounted the deck on it this morning. That PTO is a real pain, trying to hold the collar back with one had and push the opposite direction with the other. Had the bigger limbs all pickup u[ in tow areas so decided to try the mower out grinding up those little twigs. Worked great but took a couple passes. I think I am going to like it for mowing too. If I could just find a good used loader for it would be all set.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I finally got approval to put concrete out the door of my workshop.

To get the 4-5 inches of material moved out of the way for the concrete, I used my box scraper and dragged what was mostly DG out of the way and up my driveway. I actually did such a good job scraping it down, I had to push a little back in yesterday when the crew showed up with the laser level. Finished, it's 1700 sq feet of concrete and having a crew do that all by hand would have taken a couple days and cost a bundle. With a scraper on the Orange Machine, it only took me an hour or two, total.

Oh, and of course the concrete truck today, a half-yard short of the full 11 yard capacity, sheared three of four bolts on the fan belt tensioner bracket a half mile from my house. The load sat engine off, drum stopped for 20 minutes. He managed to limp in and we used a garden hose on the radiator as he repositioned the chute for the dump. I came close to getting hit by a cement truck a dozen or more times today. But it was all for a good cause. I'll have that VOLVO logo in my nightmares for a week. :) Good thing it was 50 degrees this morning or this might have turned out kinda nasty for the cement company.

Tomorrow we finish the pour.

The cement truck managed to get cleaned out and limp to the curb where they ended up towing it off.

My tractor earned the week off and is in the barn until the concrete cures.

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Washed a winters worth of cow mud off my L3000 today. I think it lightened up about 300 lbs. Looks and smells much better.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I spent part of the day prepping the deer pasture , as you can tell by the photo we are in the death grip of old man winter it was only 72 degrees here today it's weather like this is why my family has been farming in Ca for 6 generations.

Attachments

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
I bought my B7100 in early February. It's just been sitting in the garage since. It finally warmed up enough to start working on her the last couple of nights. Doing a complete filter and fluid swap for starters. Got engine oil, steering box and front axle fluids changed. Removed front wheels. They are fluid filled... I have new front ags to install. Got all the fittings greased. A few were seized, so I replaced them. I still have rear axle/tranny and FEL fluids to change, along with either filter cleaning or replacement.

It's coming along. Just finding time to work on it has been the hard part. A very well built tank...I mean tractor!!

Last edited:

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
The fronts of your 7100 are filled? Any idea how much weight that adds? I need a little more front ballast (no FEL) but I thought I did the math and figured I wouldn't get much weight out of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
I finally got approval to put concrete out the door of my workshop.

To get the 4-5 inches of material moved out of the way for the concrete, I used my box scraper and dragged what was mostly DG out of the way and up my driveway. I actually did such a good job scraping it down, I had to push a little back in yesterday when the crew showed up with the laser level. Finished, it's 1700 sq feet of concrete and having a crew do that all by hand would have taken a couple days and cost a bundle. With a scraper on the Orange Machine, it only took me an hour or two, total.

Oh, and of course the concrete truck today, a half-yard short of the full 11 yard capacity, sheared three of four bolts on the fan belt tensioner bracket a half mile from my house. The load sat engine off, drum stopped for 20 minutes. He managed to limp in and we used a garden hose on the radiator as he repositioned the chute for the dump. I came close to getting hit by a cement truck a dozen or more times today. But it was all for a good cause. I'll have that VOLVO logo in my nightmares for a week. :) Good thing it was 50 degrees this morning or this might have turned out kinda nasty for the cement company.

Tomorrow we finish the pour.

The cement truck managed to get cleaned out and limp to the curb where they ended up towing it off.

My tractor earned the week off and is in the barn until the concrete cures.

nice place you have there Ray..

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The fronts of your 7100 are filled? Any idea how much weight that adds? I need a little more front ballast (no FEL) but I thought I did the math and figured I wouldn't get much weight out of it.

Seems like I added 50 -60 lbs when I filled the fronts on my 7100.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Well that sounds worth it to me. Turf tires or ag? Beet juice or just antifreeze of something?

Last edited: