What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
The fronts of your 7100 are filled? Any idea how much weight that adds? I need a little more front ballast (no FEL) but I thought I did the math and figured I wouldn't get much weight out of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
It looks like rusty w/washer fluid that came out of them. I am dreading what the rims will look like, once the tires are removed. I would say they added close to 25 lbs. per tire. There was probably around 3 gallons of fluid in them, each...

I will not be adding fluid to my new front tires. If I need some weight, I will add some weight to the FEL. Since this tractor does not have power steering, the less weight on the front, the better.

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia

So I'm sure anyone that's had a BX for a while has had to deal with these. Fuel sender seal, front axle pivot seals.
Neither hard just both a bit of a pain. I will say my little snap ring pliers broke and my larger set wouldn't fit due to the small work area you have to fit them in, so that caused a delay and I don't want to see an internal snap ring for a while.
If you have to do them get a set of solid 90* internal snap ring pliers that doesn't have the change out tips, little buggers are strong. Good tools make the job easy.

Next up , drop and paint the deck.
Then check out the 4X4 drive shaft and linkage and see why it's easy to engage but hard to disengage.

Last edited:

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Today was a busy one, repaired and reassembled my tach / light housing...full of rust and condensation.

Original Tach.JPG DSC_0061.jpg

Reassembled the dash panel.

DSC_0063 (2).jpg

Primered and painted the transmission.

DSC_0080.jpg DSC_006100.jpg

Whew, we are getting there, just have the rear-end fenders and hood left to deal with.
And then the few odds and end you come across.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Today was a busy one, repaired and reassembled my tach / light housing...full of rust and condensation.

View attachment 21117 View attachment 21123

Reassembled the dash panel.

View attachment 21124

Primered and painted the transmission.

View attachment 21125 View attachment 21126

Whew, we are getting there, just have the rear-end fenders and hood left to deal with.

And then the few odds and end you come across.

Bill, when you coming to my house to paint mine?? :rolleyes: :p:D

Looks great!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Used my L305 to offload another project.

Massey-Ferguson 50 with MF 100 loader.

Attachments

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Spent a little while saturday with tractor to till ground instead of plow then till ground. Dropped a couple store brought black Kow manure compost on tilled area to try to enrich ground for onion and lettuce bed. Wondered how to use the cruise control to help till ground and was successful. Just keep going forward holding down the knob until i felt it lock once and kept on going. Liking tractor more every time driving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Replaced the rubber sleeve for the hydraulics today. It was weather checked pretty good. Started cleaning the frame, and masked most of the stuff that needed to be masked for painting. Hopefully next weekend, the bota will be back to blue, orange and black :D

aarolar

Aug 26, 2012
Augusta GA
Bent the shit out of my top link. I set the lift arms in the uppermost hole in order for my subsoiler to clear the ground then forgot and hooked up to the boom pole and it bent it against the ROPS. Lucky I was able to turn it around and bend it back sufficiently to get back going but I'll be needing a new one soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
Pulled the chains, blower and subframe off and put them away. Dug out the loader and put it on, along with the pallet forks.

millsan1

Equipment
BX25D, SGC05, 4' Box Blade, 6' rake, 6' blade, Titan BX42 Chipper
Took the 4000 sq ft of old cedar siding that was filling up my pistol pit and moved about half to a dump area on the property and burned about half in a pit I dug.

Then finished the shooting pit, and covered over the fire pit.

The grapple is my friend.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thinking about changing oil, taking off the push blade, and sharpening the mower blades and grease the mower and put it all together
,,,, nawwww maybe I ll do it tomorrow;)

DThrash

Lifetime Member

Equipment
7030SU MX 4700
Sep 29, 2015
Eutaw AL
Used the 4700 FEL to pick up the front of the zero turn mower to get the blades off and sharpen them, its that time of year again. OH BOY. I would round up the yard if the wife would let me, or should I do it and say I don't know what happened.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Pulled the chains, blower and subframe off and put them away. Dug out the loader and put it on, along with the pallet forks.

I don't know it's only March. I can remember some big snows as late as the end of April in Michigan.:rolleyes: If we get a big snow, the rest of us OTT members in Michigan can now all blame aeblank for challenging the weather gods.:D:D:D

Tuckler

May 18, 2015
Asheville NC
I worked on my steep 12/12 pitch roof by putting a ladder in the bucket, hoisting it onto the roof and backing up until the ladder was flush on the roof and sitting in the bucket. Great place to work and safer than anything else I could come up with.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I don't know it's only March. I can remember some big snows as late as the end of April in Michigan.:rolleyes: If we get a big snow, the rest of us OTT members in Michigan can now all blame aeblank for challenging the weather gods.:D:D:D
Also probably blame me :eek: yesterday the robins and spring peepers were out in full force so I took the back blade off the tractor and the chains off the Ingersoll. The snowblower is still on it though..