What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
Over the weekend I burnt the remnants of the old shed I pulled down with my B2620 and some of the brush I cut so I could mow under the trees.

I also mowed the yard with the 60" mmm and I have a trailer I have to move back and forth to mow under. The kubota sure looks a lot better pulling our hovercraft trailer than my old lawn tractor did, and the grass looks nice too.... LOL

Eventually I'm going to cut the trailer down and make 2 smaller trailers, we have no need to bring both hovercrafts (http://www.zbcreations.com) with us anymore, and that trailer is a bit of a pain to deal with. Also need to get both hovercrafts going again too, another thing on that LONG list of projects.... LOL

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Also found a handy place to keep a cheap tape measure for assorted tractor projects.
Lil Foot ----Is that a brace going up to the side of the muffler that you have the tape clipped to? If yes is it factory or did you add it? Don't think I have ever seen one before. Wonder if all B7100's had them when sold?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Lil Foot ----Is that a brace going up to the side of the muffler that you have the tape clipped to? If yes is it factory or did you add it? Don't think I have ever seen one before. Wonder if all B7100's had them when sold?
Yes, that is the muffler brace. But if you look closely, you will actually see two braces- the shorter lower one is factory, and I added the longer upper one when I turned the stack vertical & added the taller pipe. The factory one is even used when the stack is horizontal, the orange 90˚ bracket at the lower (tractor) end can be rotated, allowing use in either position. I have seen it on other B7100s, but maybe it's an early model thing. Mine's a 1979.

Attachments

Last edited:

spareparts

Equipment
L3400 4WD with FEL
Jul 7, 2014
Roanoke, TX USA
Gave my 10 year old nephew basic tractor lessons. He figured out he needed to let the clutch out reeeeeeeal slow, then he quit killin' it.

Let him flip the compost pile so he learned to use the FEL pretty well, too. Had the 3 point bale spear on back so he learned to keep track of implements on back too. Long lesson but he got to do pretty much whatever he wanted to, and got a little work done for me.

I think he likes it.

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
Just separated the front axle from the bevel gear housing due to a leak that started a couple days ago.

OutdoorsmanL3250

Jun 25, 2014
North Georgia, US
Just separated the front axle from the bevel gear housing due to a leak that started a couple days ago.

Where exactly did your leak start? Mine is leaking where the hub joins the axle. I found the seal on a diagram, jus not sure how jnvolved that bevel gear and replacing that seal is, or if any special tools are required

" A gun is like a woman son it's all how you hold her"
TOA #118

CDKenn

Equipment
B8200HST-D, Boxscraper L7515, BL4520, BF300-A
Jun 21, 2014
Central, Ohio
Began taking apart a Woods 59 deck to put back together after fixin' and figure out a 3 point hitch arrangement. All new to me....

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
I made a change of Blades on my Land Pride FDR 2572 mower that I use on Kubota Grand L3540. I went from factory blades (photo 1) to the Meg-Mo System Blades (photo 2). I like these a lot.

David Pidgeon

Attachments

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
Where exactly did your leak start? Mine is leaking where the hub joins the axle. I found the seal on a diagram, jus not sure how jnvolved that bevel gear and replacing that seal is, or if any special tools are required
"Tools" snap ring pliers, and I used a steering wheel puller to press out the upper bearing and shaft from the gear housing, I could have used a punch and mallet as it wasn't that tight. Everything came apart without any trouble. I did find the culprit of my leak, there is a collar on the bevel gear shaft that rides in the 2 oil seals, it had grooves worn into it allowing the oil to get by the seals. I assume the grooves were caused by dirt working it's way between the collar and oil seals because there wasn't a dust seal where the parts manual said it should have been:mad: I ordered parts today from by local dealer $43 and some change. You can see where mine was leaking in the pic.

Attachments

OutdoorsmanL3250

Jun 25, 2014
North Georgia, US
"Tools" snap ring pliers, and I used a steering wheel puller to press out the upper bearing and shaft from the gear housing, I could have used a punch and mallet as it wasn't that tight. Everything came apart without any trouble. I did find the culprit of my leak, there is a collar on the bevel gear shaft that rides in the 2 oil seals, it had grooves worn into it allowing the oil to get by the seals. I assume the grooves were caused by dirt working it's way between the collar and oil seals because there wasn't a dust seal where the parts manual said it should have been:mad: I ordered parts today from by local dealer $43 and some change. You can see where mine was leaking in the pic.

Yep.... Same place mine is leaking however mines just not quite that bad yet. Thanks for the info as i may have to tackle this fall/ winter. Thanks again!

" A gun is like a woman son it's all how you hold her"
TOA #118

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Yep.... Same place mine is leaking however mines just not quite that bad yet. Thanks for the info as i may have to tackle this fall/ winter. Thanks again!

Did my right side last year. Cost me around $70 for all the parts. I did a full re-build with new bearings etc. All I bought from the dealer were unique parts such as the double seals and the sleeve that they ride on plus all gaskets. The bearings I bought from a local industrial supplier. Not such a bad job but takes a bit of time. I do not remember having to use any special tools. Mine had been leaking for a year and I got tired of checking the fluid level. At the time I opened up the other side and checked the level with a 6" tie-wrap. I just topped up the leaking side to the same level. Of course after the re-build I filled with the oil quantity indicated in the manual.

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Just figured I would throw a pic in the pile, Had to move my pontoon around and I do it regularly in my yard with the Kubota as it can maneuver it in my tight spaces quite well.
In the background of the one pic you can see my 1972 Avion TT, the Kubota moves it around with ease as well.

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Remodels seem to go on forever...

I have leftover stone on three partial pallets that will be used later. Right now, they look like they fell off a passing truck. Moving all this stone by hand would have taken forever!

Using "Kubota MAGIC!!!," I chained one pallet and moved it out of the way. Then I pulled another adjacent pallet out and then pushed it where the first one was. Then I stacked the stone from the first pallet onto the second pallet and we now have one less pallet and no mess on our driveway edge. Took ten minutes. PHEW.

Honey-do's never used to be this fun... :)

These pallets were too heavy to use bolt-on fork lifts... They dragged easy though by using the 3P with a steel bar through the eyes and the chain wrapped around the bar and pallet. By raising the 3P, it unloaded the pallet edge and it slid along just fine. The loader coaxed it back into its new slot.

Much cleaner than the contractors left it.

http://[URL=http://s307.photobucket.com/user/CaptStark/media/Kubota-work.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited:

Mani1147

Equipment
2013 BX2370, belly mower, rear snow blower, rear tiller, front loader
Aug 20, 2013
NB, Canada
A 3 point hitch trailer ball adapter for my BX2370. I have the sketchup 3d plan with dimensions if anyone wants it, message me.

$14 in metal
$10 hitch ball 1-7/8
$10 2 side pins

Cheers
Rob

Attachments

Last edited: