What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mn4x4

Equipment
L4200 GST
May 18, 2014
Minnesnowta
I got a little ambitious...

photo-4.jpg

Lost the clutch after only 550 hours, but almost exactly 20 years. Turns out that the clutch lever that moves the thrust bearing was rusted/corroded/junkified into place and didn't move - at all! I was able to move it slightly with a BFH, so ended up driving it out so I could clean it up. Also polished the raceway with some scotchbrite, then put it back together and verified that it now moves freely.

Took some time to clean up, polish, and paint certain items. For instance, the steering wheel tilt mechanism hasn't worked in years. The lever was bent from trying to move it. I force-ably removed the lever and the tilt lever holder and took them apart. I cleaned up the holder and painted it, but the handle was toast. While I was out visiting the 'giant size warehouse' I stopped by a Home Despot to see if they had a bolt I could use to make a new shaft. They didn't, so when I got back home I grabbed a long SAE bolt from my parts bins, cut it off, then threaded it on one end for the M10-1.25 needed by the holder. Painted it up, then transferred the rubber handle from the old lever to the new one. Done! Took maybe 20 minutes of actual time.

For the record, the tilt handle is one of the cheapest parts on the tractor - $7.37! If I didn't have the tools to make my own OR if I had patience, I would have just ordered it - but it would have taken several days for it to get here. Instead it goes on as soon as the paint is dry.

There were other similar issue that I just had to tackle one at a time.

The tractor is now back together, but it POURED rain just as I was buttoning it up. Tomorrow it will get started and tested.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dragged my dead log splitter off the truck,,, guess I have to spring for a new carburetor:mad::mad::mad::mad:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Finally got the last parts for my transmission repair, UPS delivered it to the neighbors some time during the week, Grrr I've been waiting on the 2nd gear and shifter ring for a week, last one they sent was the wrong one!
So I'll be playing tractor repair guy tomorrow!:D

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Mowed hay for the last 2 days and had my boy tedding with the other tractor. Now the baler is hooked up and if it will get dry I'll spend a few more quality hrs in the bota seat.

Kind of cheated last week. We did about 150 acres of hay and I was running JD's.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I flattened the step on my L3200 so much that it rubbed the tire. I had to get off and bend it back enough with a tree I had just taken down with the cutter until I could get back to the barn.

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Scored a Woods rcc42 rotary cutter today for $200. Could use a set of blades. Had to try it out. No power issues with the bx1800. :)

flm3vcks

Equipment
BX 2370
Aug 18, 2014
Valley Center, KS
Just upgraded from an 1870 to a 2370. Had the 18 for a week and loved it but realized the addl 30% HP would be a big benefit. Dealer was very helpful. Now I am ready to go...I have 5 ac. with chickens. goats, and lots of potential compost. I bet my 23 can take care of turning the pile.

mn4x4

Equipment
L4200 GST
May 18, 2014
Minnesnowta
After my clutch repair I had to test it out. Dug/pushed/pulled an 8" dead Maple into submission, then dug out a couple of volunteer Poplar's about 3" in diameter. Then moved some boulders.

Life is good!