What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
flail mower today whacking some weeds. Managed to smoke the belts on the mower with all the stilt grass wrapping up. Ugh. Time to find some spare belts.

On the plus side, I sold one of my quads today. Now, I'll just have to be happy with the wife's grizzly.
So Japanese Stilt Grass causes problems for flail mowers?

I’m using a rotary cutter (aka bush hog) now that’s about the same age I am (not saying much for either of us). Had thought a flail might be a good option if/when it gives up, but not if flails can’t handle stilt grass. We have quite a bit of that.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Saturday morning I tried to use the fourwheeler to pull the lawn sweeper around. Couldn't get it started in the 10 pulls or whatever I was willing to give it so I decided to use the 7100. Well, the pine straw rake was already on it, so I decided to run that over the lawn a bit before sweeping. It did a number on it. Then while I was at it, I thought maybe I should go over the (mostly sand) driveway and see what happens. It surely didn't hurt it. Then decided to clean up the back yard (all sand) since I've been working back there and it needed a cleanup. Did great there, too. After all that I swapped to the sweeper and cleaned up the yard.

Then I put the brush hog on the 3901 and ran it for a while before breaking the tail wheel off.

Yesterday I gave the 3901 a bath and a grease job. Gotta do 50hr service to it, too, but I don't have the supplies yet.

Reactions: 3 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
So Japanese Stilt Grass causes problems for flail mowers?

I’m using a rotary cutter (aka bush hog) now that’s about the same age I am (not saying much for either of us). Had thought a flail might be a good option if/when it gives up, but not if flails can’t handle stilt grass. We have quite a bit of that.
I think if the flail had Y blade knives it'd work better for stilt grass. I have heavy hammers on mine and I think the slipping belts contributed.

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
As a part of my lawn redo I decided to level off the north side lawn. It's not very large about 50X50 then it goes into the woods. Before an ice storm took it down I had a productive grape arbor there.
In the past I had installed a pvc pipe for my woods cameras and I know it was only down a couple of inches.
So I brought over about 20 buckets of top soil and was starting to spread them with the back blade - being VERY careful near that pipe. Then I hit an inground bee's nest. Without thinking (never a good idea) I hit the reverse pedal and the corner of the back blade took out the pipe :(
rip out pvc pipe.JPG

The black line was where the pipe was. I spent Sunday digging a real trench, fixing the pipe (no real damage to the 2 cat 5 cables or 40v 14ga power wires) and then bringing more topsoil in to fill it in.
new pvc pipe trench.JPG

Although I crowned the filled in trench, it's pretty puffy topsoil and I know I'm going to have to bring more in.

Reactions: 4 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Installed a new phone holder on my lx2610. Fits nice and tight, and doesn’t get in the way of the loader controls. Gave me at least 10 horsepower 😂 I got it from my local Harley Davidson dealer today. It’s very nice, holds the phone super tight, and for some added piece of mind you can stick the rubber pieces on each corner. It was $32. Didn’t look online to see if it was cheaper anywhere.
4DA10F7E-9EF8-41B3-82E1-32B7871F9B14.jpeg
14FC98BD-DBB0-4089-B1B1-52AAE433DACD.jpeg
13988750-95CB-441F-AAAC-27933E85602E.jpeg
B3757A98-9663-4353-BECA-46BB4AFD1A14.jpeg
03D91B9F-EF2E-4A84-82C5-403630A30B8D.jpeg
F1EB4DD6-FC32-413B-BD23-8F6FABC009DF.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: 6 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
De-stickered the thing

last machine I installed 2 forward and 2 rearward lights, i feel like it was a bit much, this time just one forward and one rear, plus the beacon.

lastly, welded receiver to top of bucket

almost ready for work!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
B737 I can hear the safety police coming your way!:D

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
De-stickered the thing
How will you know all the dangers to which you're exposed? Especially the Californian dangers, things are much more dangerous in California.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Worked on my never ending quest to fix my flow problem. Finished the front side but for the sod on the bare spots. The pipe was 3/4 plugged up so I have dug that out. No sure how it got this bad but I had to dig a good bit down the hill. Hoping for a big rain to get some flow to see what I have.

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
How will you know all the dangers to which you're exposed? Especially the Californian dangers, things are much more dangerous in California.
I love this!

the entire damn world knows that our state is the most UNSAFE place on earth! We have warning labels on everything. Evidentially, everybody that lives here is so stupid they didn’t even know how little chance they have for survival if not for all the warning labels.

Reactions: 3 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I love this!

the entire damn world knows that our state is the most UNSAFE place on earth! We have warning labels on everything. Evidentially, everybody that lives here is so stupid they didn’t even know how little chance they have for survival if not for all the warning labels.
I believe that regime was introduced by referendum. So yeah, at least half the voters in the state believe it's necessary. I'd recommend leaving the state before it rubs off on you.

Reactions: 1 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Just assume that it's known to the State of California to cause cancer and you're good.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Dug out a bunch of root bound iris’ for the missus.(She put ‘em there about 6 years ago and now wants them moved). No deep diggin, and the LX was done with its part of the job pretty quickly. Then I got to separate the flower rhizomes from the poison ivy, briars and Virginia creeper. By hand. Did I mention we dug up nearly a thousand bucks worth just a few days ago? More in this bed. She said moved, but neglected to say only a few inches after I pruned the fodder and got rid of all the stuff she’s allergic to, and behind the new landscape timbers I was also going to have to make raised beds with. Got a pretty good start on it today but the flowers won before my back let me finish. Got about 2/3 of the bed built. Most shoveling, sawing, driving rebar pins and backfilling the beds now. What’s there is mostly clay, so probably getting a yard or two of topsoil. Did more work with the Troybilt tiller my mom bought in 1983 than I did with the LX. Softened up the clay and made leveling the timbers a lot easier. Love my LX, but sometimes it’s like using a 20 lb sledgehammer for a fly swatter. Gotta get out the ‘hard way’ tools on occasion. Here’s the results so far:

image.jpg

This is on the west end of the back yard and gets lots of sun in the early spring when iris’ like to start blooming here. Did similar beds on the east end of my new shop building.

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Just assume that it's known to the State of California to cause cancer and you're good.
Hmm, I said exactly that too

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Given they're putting cancer warnings on coffee, I interpret all those warnings as saying "this is roughly as dangerous as drinking coffee, take that into account when you decide whether you care."

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
For some time now, I’ve been looking forward with great anticipation to the ultimate warning label; a warning label warning of the danger of warning labels.

I have much confidence in The State of California to come up with a reason to mandate it on all products that have warning labels.

And I would really appreciate CARB getting out of my life. I don’t live in California yet I see numerous products here that are proudly labeled CARB compliant, like I give one crap about CARB.

And the warning labels that say everything under the sun is “Known to the State of California to cause cancer.” Again I don’t live in California. I don’t need that crap trashing up my stuff. I live in North Carolina with my neighbor’s tobacco field basically in my front yard. North Carolina is still debating whether cigarettes cause cancer. I sure ain’t worried whether my ball peen hammer causes cancer if I’m dumb enough to lick it clean.

Rant over. I feel better now. If anyone questions why this is in the What Did You Do on Your Kubota Today thread, I read a warning label on my Kubota today. 🙂

658D2664-FDB5-421C-B7D6-F4D2349300C2.jpeg

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
With the carry all on back of the B7200. (turf tires, TWD, No Loader)

Four full loads of firewood moved from the log pile to stack under cover

One over spilling load of chain saw chips from the log pile up to the raspberries for ground mulch (spread as well)

Three loads of stone down from the "dig" out back to the newly filled level spot adjacent to the house. Some as back fill, some as face stone.

And to think that tractor was included "free" in the deal when I bought a snow blower! ;-)