What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
How do you like that TerraForce tiller? I have forks by them and they work great. Long term we will be getting a tiller. There are a bunch in that range to choose from. Is that a chain or direct drive?

The tiller is a YJR062 Heavy Duty Gear Drive from Everything Attachments, it's done 4 years of work with no issue whatsoever, It's a great match for my L3200 or L3901. I looked around at a number of models but am very happy that this was my final selection. It will be getting quite a bit of use in the next few weeks as I look to plant a few fields and many food plots.

It's not the cheapest but it comes very highly recommended. Good luck in your decision making for a tiller.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
What is the new saw? Post pictures of it when you get it?
The new pto buzz saw is a Balfor shark 700, they are made in Italy, many features over the old basic red Woodsman buzz saw, I transported it UpNorth today and unloaded it but did not get a chance to set it up and run it. I'll find time in the next few weeks and will do a full review for those that are interested.

Some of the features that made me upgrade to a new saw include:
  • Rollers built into the feed table (horizontal and vertical).
  • Drive engage lever, the saw has a lever which pivots the gearbox engagement with the 3 drive belts to the main blade axle, allows you to engage and disengage while at the saw instead of running to the tractor to turn off the PTO.
  • 2 safety handles, one to hold the wood gripper in place and second to engage a lever to allow you to tilt the feed table into the blade, your hands have to be in these locations and are kept away from the blade to operate the saw, very good feature!
  • Adjustable cutting length gauge, heavy rod with chain which can be set to achieve constant desired log length.
  • 2 Fold up carry handles and 2 large wheels allow you to move the saw easyly to move it and store it. Easy movement to hook up to 3pt hitch.
These are all improvements over the basic Woodsman saws and my cost delivered was no more than a basic red Woodsman buzz saw.

Look out for my full review.
Balfor shark 700.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
That is a sweet looking trailer. What brand is it?
It's a Berkelman's Welding & Mfg Inc of Canada trailer - 2 ton single axle farm dump trailer, 8' long fitted with industrial tires. It's a great trailer and so useful, I wish I had purchased one some years ago.

They were a great company to deal with, they are in Ontario Canada but will ship anywhere in the US direct.

Trailer Photo 1 01262021.jpg
Trailers.JPG

Reactions: 9 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I used a really cool attachment recently that formed/rolled out raised beds with drip tape. We did several thousand feet in an afternoon.
Tell me more! What is this attachment?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
This started about three weeks ago when this perfectly healthy pine tree fell in the pond. Of course most of the limbs were on the pond side where the most light was so they’re underwater and jammed up in the muddy pond bottom.
0AFDD614-DA41-4C43-917A-8FCD02DCACAB.jpeg

Plan A was to cut the trunk at an angle near the water line, hope the stump fell back in the hole (it did about halfway), hook a chain to it, extend with a supposed 9K lb working strength bull rope, and pull it out. That got it about 6’ at which point it dug in, so did the tractor, and the made in China rope broke in the middle not near anything. Probably made out of recycled Ziplock bags and fly ash from trash incinerators but price was good at the time. Another reminder to me cheapest at the checkout isn’t always really cheapest.
EB7B76FC-08D8-4A3B-965C-82A21ECBF5EB.jpeg

Ever since I bought the Kubota, my father and I have been having problems busting ropes, chains, and various pieces of tree rigging stuff we’ve used with his older, smaller tractors for years. It’s a HST with R4’s so according to a lot of stuff I’ve read it shouldn’t be able to pull an empty Radio Flyer wagon downhill on asphalt, however on dry ground in a max pull scenario (like this one), we keep breaking things. The “oh, there’s no way it could break that” method was not working.

I really have no idea what the max drawbar force on a L4701 is but with it weighing about 6,000 lb or a bit less (by the time everything on it is added up) and some of the things we’ve broken, we figured absolute maximum under ideal conditions couldn’t be over about 4,000lb and usually probably not that much. So we finally decided to go through every piece of rigging we use and make sure we know the working loads and that they’re all within the forces that could be applied using a 6,000lb drawbar assumption, which should be well above reality, to provide a safety factor.

That exercise resulted in an 11,500lb rated 150’ synthetic winch line extension with steel eyelets on both ends, an additional 10,000KG snatch block, a pair of 7500lb tree saver anchor straps, and a short length of 1/2” grade 70 chain to link the snatch block to the tree. Of course some of our existing rigging was fine. Some is now relegated to lighter use with the lighter tractors.

The fixed snatch block is attached to a big gum tree. Not really room for a tractor even if the L would pull it straight out, which I’m sure it wouldn’t. Of course the snatch block down by the butt of the tree trunk is doubling whatever force the L is putting on the rope, thus the need for the 1/2” chain.
59C3F1BD-1001-4D57-9A46-586AF85DA4BC.jpeg

Like everything else, the L pulls better downhill than uphill and the nearby dam made a swell downhill run for the pull. Just needed Dad to sit well out of the way on the dam to watch the tree and rigging so he could signal me to start and stop as I couldn’t see the tree at all with it on the opposite side of the dam. It, and a bunch of stinking blue mud, pulled right out easy peasy. Of course moving 25’ x 8” limbs, chunks of tree trunk, etc. covered in blue mud that smells like a combination of rotten grass, goose crap, and a dead rotten turtle was much more pleasant with the grapple.

BTW I do know a skidding winch would be ideal for this sort of thing. Problem is I just can’t convince myself to spend that much for what use I’d get out of it. Maybe someday…
843711D2-E542-4D57-872B-A6FCE5BF0566.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
today, I sold it!
👋
officially tractor-less for at least the next 14 hours 🤪
No longer matching!! I don't think the LX3310 is available here. And I definitely cannot fit one in my shed, nor do I have enough use for one.

Did you ever manage to adjust the 3ph to start raising at 1 on the lever?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
No longer matching!! I don't think the LX3310 is available here. And I definitely cannot fit one in my shed. - Did you ever manage to adjust the 3ph to start raising at 1 on the lever?
im a little sad we're no longer twins Paul, but we'll always have our BX and B2601 memories together :LOL:
The dealership said it was operating normally after they looked. It was getting full range up / down, just the way the lever is indexed I think...
If you can fit your B2601 in your shed, the LX3310 will fit :D:devilish:

Last edited:

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
This started about three weeks ago when this perfectly healthy pine tree fell in the pond. Of course most of the limbs were on the pond side where the most light was so they’re underwater and jammed up in the muddy pond bottom.
That was quite a feat NCL!

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Took the deck off. Cleaned it and sharpened the blades. Did the 150 hour service on the tractor two hours late. Both front tires appear to be leaking again. Probably got poked with thorns again. I'll go back at my battle with them when the weather cools down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 47704

Put bolt grab hooks on bucket. 40 bux and powder coated orange

Built a tool carrier
Put a 3 point receiver hitch adapter on
Plugged a hitch cargo carrier in
bolted down a 108 qt Plano storage trunk to it
cost total for it was 237.

Reactions: 3 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Put bolt grab hooks on bucket. 40 bux and powder coated orange

Built a tool carrier
Put a 3 point receiver hitch adapter on
Plugged a hitch cargo carrier in
bolted down a 108 qt Plano storage trunk to it
cost total for it was 237.
Pics?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
flail mower today whacking some weeds. Managed to smoke the belts on the mower with all the stilt grass wrapping up. Ugh. Time to find some spare belts.

On the plus side, I sold one of my quads today. Now, I'll just have to be happy with the wife's grizzly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 47704

I'm working in an area where we had nursery material. I'm clearing out stuff that got rooted in and can't be dug. I need to keep choker cables,chains, loppers and a chainsaw handy. The extra lift capacity of the LX2610 over the B2601 is why I wanted the larger machine.
Trunk is bolted down with some button head screws, large fender washers and nylok nuts.Room around it for chains etc.
Cargo carrier is 48x20. 1 1/4 sq has adapter for 2" receiver. This whole thing is a lightweight set up, its not carrying a lot of weight, otherwise I would have gone heavier (more $$$) Carrier rated for 300 lbs, I think 100 would be the limit. My Makita 14" LXT battery chainsaw, loppers, tow, chains etc probably close to 100 lbs.
Trunk is Exterior dimensions: 37.187 inches x 18.00 inches x 14.375 inches

Reactions: 3 users

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Used the BX to lift the subframe onto my '70 Nova body. Have to get the subframe on so I can gett the fenders, hood, doors and radiator support fitted before it goes off to the paint shop. It hasn't been as long of a project as the genset I built, but I disassembled it in 2014 and has been setting in primer since 2017, so it's time to get it back on the road.

IMG_20210815_153528887 (Medium).jpg IMG_20210815_155330010 (Medium).jpg IMG_20210815_164352322 (Medium).jpg

Reactions: 5 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
I'm working in an area where we had nursery material. I'm clearing out stuff that got rooted in and can't be dug. I need to keep choker cables,chains, loppers and a chainsaw handy. The extra lift capacity of the LX2610 over the B2601 is why I wanted the larger machine.
Trunk is bolted down with some button head screws, large fender washers and nylok nuts.Room around it for chains etc.
Cargo carrier is 48x20. 1 1/4 sq has adapter for 2" receiver. This whole thing is a lightweight set up, its not carrying a lot of weight, otherwise I would have gone heavier (more $$$) Carrier rated for 300 lbs, I think 100 would be the limit. My Makita 14" LXT battery chainsaw, loppers, tow, chains etc probably close to 100 lbs.
Trunk is Exterior dimensions: 37.187 inches x 18.00 inches x 14.375 inches

Very nice, that will do the job