What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

IDKUBOTA

Equipment
L3800DT/FEL/BH77 and others
Dec 16, 2012
Latah County, ID
L3800 and I attempted to use a 9 inch inch auger on north central idaho frozen ground... Took 30 minutes to get 2 inches. Not very effective. I suppose I'll be waiting until spring to build my 18x18' wood shed after all. I did get the building markers all laid out, though.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
IDKUBOTA, most of my place is the same way, It's just the drive that's turned to soup!:eek:

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
L3800 and I attempted to use a 9 inch inch auger on north central idaho frozen ground... Took 30 minutes to get 2 inches. Not very effective. I suppose I'll be waiting until spring to build my 18x18' wood shed after all. I did get the building markers all laid out, though.
In Utopia when punching 9" holes I have to use a carbide tipped rock auger on my 640 Ford. Doesn't stop there. Got an 8' stinger coming off the rear with 85lbs on the end for added down thrust.
All this for drilling in limestone and caliche. I've spent as long as 5 (on and off) hours drilling one hole 2-1/2' deep for fence posts. All "T" post holes have to be predrilled with a 1-1/8" bit in a hammer drill...........lots of fun.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im thinking a case of powder would be a lot faster,,, and more fun too

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Didn't do anything on the Kubota today. It was -11 F this morning with 10-15 mph wind. However it is warm inside so I thought I would get around to posting some pictures of the Sight Guage I made for the bucket to indicate level. Pretty simple, used a Hound Joint, a piece of smooth rod and pipe. Welded a long nut to the rod, drilled a hole in the quick coupler, threaded the Hound Joint into the nut using a jam nut, slid it in the pipe and bolted that to the loader where the cylinder attaches. I notched the end of the pipe at the top to see the rod as it is getting close to level. With the threaded nut and joint, I can fine tune the adjustment as needed. Works slick and makes it much easier finding level.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya gota love anything where beer is involved and things that go BOOM:D

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Didn't do anything on the Kubota today. It was -11 F this morning with 10-15 mph wind. However it is warm inside so I thought I would get around to posting some pictures of the Sight Guage I made for the bucket to indicate level. Pretty simple, used a Hound Joint, a piece of smooth rod and pipe. Welded a long nut to the rod, drilled a hole in the quick coupler, threaded the Hound Joint into the nut using a jam nut, slid it in the pipe and bolted that to the loader where the cylinder attaches. I notched the end of the pipe at the top to see the rod as it is getting close to level. With the threaded nut and joint, I can fine tune the adjustment as needed. Works slick and makes it much easier finding level.
Thanks for posting, I know what I'll be doing next week.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Thanks for posting, I know what I'll be doing next week.
Well, I didn't do much either. We have no snow here in the West.

However, I did install my back end LED's replacing all the turn, flash and running lights.

Future info for any L3700SU or L3800 owners, the amber lights are all 1156 bulbs and the red one is L1157

The LED direct replacement for the L1156 is1156-A45-T (amber color)
The LED direct replacement for the 1157 is 1157-R45-T (red color)

The source I used is www.superbrightleds.com/

No problems after install, everything works super except that the lights are about 10 times brighter!

Burt

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Got my little grey delivered on Saturday

Started out with this

and this

Been clearing by hand for a few days prior to this point

And after the last couple days with the Kubota raking up all the rubbish and regrading the trails....

Its been a very steep learning curve and a hell of a workout without power steer on but good fun.
Being a complete noob at this Ive been very careful and paranoid about rollovers so steady steady :eek:

This stuff is hard and really takes some serious skill, hopefully Ill get better at it as time goes on :eek:

Still have a long way to go but Im not confident enough to take on the really steep stuff to get down here to tackle this lot!

Anyway, Im having fun and getting the job done slowly but surely .....

Last edited:

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Seat broke and the dealer said "seats arent normally covered under warranty"
so thought Id better have a look and try and fix it :rolleyes:

Pulled the cover and foam off the 30 year old frame to find this rusted out mess

Cleaned up and put some primer and paint on

Put some aluminium plate across the top

Few extra layers of high density foam in the seat and backrest and should be good for a few more years :)

:) :D