What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
Rebuilding the 3 blade spindles on my three point mower to get ready for mowing season. What a dirty and greasy mess they are to work on!
A tip for those who rebuild their own bearing spindles. When I did it the first time, I got the seal number and the bearing number, 6205 in my case, and searched Ebay for some surplus NON CHINA bearings and seals. I need 6 bearings and 6 seals to do the job. Well, I found a guy that had a dozen od the 6205 bearings that were made in Japan and bought all 12 for a fraction of what I would have paid at a bearing house. Bought 15 seals from another seller and they are made by Chicago rawhide, a long time and good quality seal mfgr. So today, when I needed the parts, I had everything I needed so no delays and quality parts. I am looking at another set of government surplus, SKF bearings to buy for cheap, made in USA for the next time, if needed.
Going to use the B3200 to dig some Post Holes in the next few days with my BearCat post hole auger.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Took the snow blower off.
Blower off 2019.jpg

Teasing mother nature to give us one more batch of the evil white crud this year.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
.... I am looking at another set of government surplus, SKF bearings to buy for cheap, made in USA for the next time, if needed. ....
SKF is a Swedish company. They used to make some items in Philadelphia but make most of their bearings in India. ;)

They also own facilities located in the famous WW2 Schweinfurt.

If you want USA bearings you'll more likely find them made by Timken.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mowed for the first time year :D:D yards still too wet for the L1501 though. Poor girls feeling really neglected and hasn't been used in 6 months.

Hopefully the yard will be dry enough next weekend to where I can use it to smooth out the old burn pile and haul some of the extra material around the yard to fill in some holes.

Also hauled in some mulch for the flower beds. Had enough for the front flower beds. Gonna have to get another truck load next weekend to finish the flower bed in the back yard. Didn't mulch last year, so I've had to bring in double the mulch to get the beds where they need to be. :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oksofar

Equipment
L175
Mar 29, 2019
Barre VT
L175 was delivered. Seller said the bucket won’t lift. So the deal was made 300.00 off the price. Knowing that this little tractor has a hidden pump screen from reading the repair forum. Found it, cleaned it. Was packed ! Also trans fill cap vent was plugged. some new Kubota trans oil. Bucket works just a little slow. Thank you guys

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Pulled out some of the rock next to the garden so that area is level with the garden, for the wife to expand into. Now two cylinders seals are weeping on the backhoe - with the rain expected, it's a good time to pull them off and take them to the hydraulic shop.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Made first payment to KCC yesterday

True story tractor would have backhoe if she would have been with me when deal was done... she really wanted to be there

Wife made the comment again today I should have bought the backhoe with it.

Should I ask her to grab a round nose shovel and start working on the 24" pine stump in the front yard ... or too risky .... :D

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Made first payment to KCC yesterday

Should I ask her to grab a round nose shovel and start working on the 24" pine stump in the front yard ... or too risky .... :D
That could be your first...and last payment on your new tractor. :D

LukyNumbrKevin

Equipment
2018 BX23s (TLB w/ a mower deck)
May 17, 2018
CT, USA
@michigander, you should check if your dealer will finance the back-hoe the same as the tractor. I know Land-pride is doing 0% APR Financing on some matched implements right now.

As far as what I got done: some more spring cleaning to prep for the weather and also the path I plan to put in to get around my property while tearing up little to no grass. This time my mother and best friend Ty helped out.

Video here: https://youtu.be/urXR1W8gzlA

Up next a video on tractor path building. Let me know what you guys think!

LukyNumbrKevin

Equipment
2018 BX23s (TLB w/ a mower deck)
May 17, 2018
CT, USA
LukyNumbrKevin, that video was a bunch of humanoid bumble bees! Too fast for me!:D
haha, thanks for the feedback, I will slow down the next one and take more time editing. I cut a path over the weekend and was able to get some decent footage.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
My 70lb wheel weights showed up today! (my FedEx delivery driver lady hates me...) Also mocked up my toothless piranha bar

Now I have to figure out what hardware I need to install the wheel weights on my BX2660

BX23S

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L3901 FEL, BH, GRAPPLE, PALLET FORK, SNOW PLOW and Hard Canopy
Sep 1, 2018
ID
Installed a ROPs canopy today since I no longer enjoy suntans and it lets you stay cooler too. Got it at Kubota dealer, made by Thunderbird in Arizona.

Last edited:

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Using the rainy season to do some maintenance and repairs on the backhoe attachment. Had a bugger of a time getting the roll pins out of the bucket pivot pins - some heat helped.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Just getting over the flu so first time on the tractor in weeks .
I wanted to give the new grapple a try but I should have stayed in bed.
The 20* morning fooled me into thinking the ground was frozen hard enough to drive on...not.
So after making a nice rutty mess, I put the M away to await the future end of mud season:eek: