What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Planted some trees on the hillsides using the backhoe, spread 5 yards of compost on the garden, unloaded some building materials with the forks. Saved my back a whole lot of extra hassle and pain!

dgtaylor45

Equipment
BX23S
Feb 11, 2019
Gardendale, AL
I now have almost 14 hours on the BX23S.

I used the grapple to clean up some trees I cut, took it to the in-laws and dug up some shrubs and a large starting to rot pine tree stump.

Then yesterday I made the mistake of thinking I was going to quickly remove 8 holly shrubs that were about 9 feet tall and 27 years old. Their roots never end. I am having to dig down about 3 feet, then use a saw to cut the one giant root they all seem to have. I had one of the stumps broke loose and spinning it around in circles with the back hoe. The remaining root would just not let go.

I have 4 out so far. About to go out and try to finish the rest.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Getting ready to put a new addition on our hunting camp and adding a septic and well :) Sorry no kubotas up at camp but still some nice machines. Don't know why the pictures are upside down

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Majorly Improved pic's! :D
I couldn't let Lil Foot one up me now could I.
Well at least I know who the next mod candidate is!

Attachments

Digger Dager

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M59 TLB, B3200 w/front snow blower, 3 @ ZD326 62" rear discharge mowers
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Gotta keep the dead people from popping out of the ground! :eek:

Been working here 27 years now, planting over 1,700 souls in that time. I think I have the problem narrowed down; I'm either planting them to deep, or to far apart.

Yeah, I know, graveyard humor, sometimes the only thing that keeps me goin'.

Digger

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I now have almost 14 hours on the BX23S.

I used the grapple to clean up some trees I cut, took it to the in-laws and dug up some shrubs and a large starting to rot pine tree stump.

Then yesterday I made the mistake of thinking I was going to quickly remove 8 holly shrubs that were about 9 feet tall and 27 years old. Their roots never end. I am having to dig down about 3 feet, then use a saw to cut the one giant root they all seem to have. I had one of the stumps broke loose and spinning it around in circles with the back hoe. The remaining root would just not let go.

I have 4 out so far. About to go out and try to finish the rest.
I have an old maple stump about 4 feet across, with two younger 1 foot stumps on each side. I have dug down 4+ feet, cut every root I can find, and I can't budge the stupid thing. And that's not with my little Kubota - I had a friend here recently with a huge Volvo grader and 1" cable and the thing only shifted a 1/2". Granted, we didn't shock load it because it is too close to the house and I don't want to damage anything, but it will need to be ground down.

Oksofar

Equipment
L175
Mar 29, 2019
Barre VT
Good morning waiting for the delivery of my Kubota l 175 today 2300.00 bucks 1100 hours. Seller wouldn’t let me drive it home. He’s a 1/2 mile down the road. They have a trailer and yeah people just don’t slowdown around here. 1st job will be to move some snow. After a oil change. Seller said he did filters and fluid last spring. Safe then sorry right ?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Ok, that's interesting. Once you hand the man the money and have a bill of sale in your hand, he has no more power over what you just bought!

I sold a tractor year before last. A man brought a younger friend with him to check it out. They got all their questions answered, we traded paper....and the young man headed out. Had about 7 miles to get where they were going!

I think he's being concerned about your safety. Just have to set back and wait.

Welcome to the forum!

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Good morning waiting for the delivery of my Kubota l 175 today 2300.00 bucks 1100 hours. Seller wouldn’t let me drive it home. He’s a 1/2 mile down the road. They have a trailer and yeah people just don’t slowdown around here. 1st job will be to move some snow. After a oil change. Seller said he did filters and fluid last spring. Safe then sorry right ?
Lol, I'm sure you'll be fine. Congrats on your new ride, enjoy and be safe.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Congrats on the purchase. When you get a few posts up, you can upload some pics of it for us!