What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I chopped the mangled top part of my fork frame off.
Now I can see the tips of my forks!

....jpg[/IMG][/URL]
and increased the potential to roll stuff off the unit and onto the driver.

PS- please upload to this board instead of linking thru photobucket or the likes

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
I don't know why you would do that as opposed to fixing it?

Another of my winter projemmct may be to actually put my Forks on my bucket.

and

I was trying to figure out a way to have something to guard against stuff falling in my lap and on my hood?

Bill Rigsby
Florissant CO

1972(?) KUBOTA L-1500-DT
Great Bend M10 48" Front End Loader
Bush Hog 48 (SQ48R-3) "Squealer Mower"
Atlas 48" Landscape Box
48" Harrow Rake
Rhino 60" Rear Blade
4 Seasons haul-all Dump Trailer
Draw Bar with 2" Ball
28" Fork Lift Forks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
My my my, judgmental group today...

and increased the potential to roll stuff off the unit and onto the driver.
Those pallets I lift 16" off the ground are of no risk to me, nor my machine. No need to assume my usage.

I don't know why you would do that as opposed to fixing it?
It is the first step... I'll be welding some flat stock "on end" to provide a back stop that I can see through.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't think the comments are judgemental, just being safety observational.
Yes that backstop was for a skidsteer use and a bit much for tractor use, but as beat up as it was it served it purpose. ;)

I have a set of forks that were given to me and they do not have a backstop, I need to make the backstop as I've had a couple instances where this could get out of control real quick! :eek:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My (old & cheap) forks have a pocket welded to them that is the right size for a 2x4 backstop. First pic shows the pocket, 2nd pic you can just see the 2x4s over the culvert- they're painted yellow.

Attachments

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I chopped the mangled top part of my fork frame off.
Now I can see the tips of my forks!

I was off work today so I used my 2370 to till up a rough, high area and used the fel and box blade to smooth it out and fill a low spot. When I was done I gave her a well deserved bath!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I recall workplace health and safety inspector deemed a set of forks un-useable because there was a hole in the tip.
First thing i did was drill a hole when i got my forklift.

I cut the framework off a set of forks too. The impossible to see throuh flimsy pane was junk. Made a 2"x2" outside frame and grated it in with 1/4"x2" flat bar.
Had to square it up anyway,as some yollup twisted it pretty bad. Didnt put lock pin in and one side fell out and it twisted.

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD
So we got 10 inches of that white stuff here in southeastern South Dakota, and my son decided he could make it to work in his F150. Got about a half mile, and ran into a 3 ft drift on the gravel road, and high centered. All spinning the wheels did was slide the truck further into the ditch. Took the F350 down there to pull him out, and it promptly slid into the ditch while yanking the other truck out. That stuff was like wet play-doh. Walked the 1/2 mile back to the house in the 40 MPH wind, got the BX2360 into the garage, put the chains on (yes, I know, should have been done before it snowed), went back to the truck's, used the BX to digd out the F350, and then pulled it the rest of the way onto the road. Used the BX again to pull the F150 off the snow mound it was stuck on, and back onto terra firma. Got everything moved back to the house, and called it a day. I was very impressed with the little orange machine, pulling those big, bad trucks out!

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
we're supposed to get 4" of snow so when I got home from work I put the brush hog away and mounted the back blade. It was 65 today!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was gona take off the MMM and put onthe blade,, but I figured I would wait till I can breath again,, I hate it when you cant breath

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Its been warm up here lately, not good for us deer hunters. We have a moose in the freezer so its not as pressing to get deer. We took sometime to pull out over grown rose bushes, then did something really important we gave the grandsons rides in the trailer.