What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Beat me to that question, Looks about right for my L1500DT also :D
Not the right fit for our tractors though. Look at the front mounting point in the first pic. Part number for ours is 35110-85015. Retails for 99$ plus shipping through colemans

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
A slow day, as far as getting a lot done but Saturday I got some LED Off-Road lights in
and today I tore the hell outa them. They are now mounted in the stock
L1500 headlight fixtures.
DSC_0054 (2).jpg
First I removed the reflector and LEDs from the stock fixture
Cut a circle around the new lamps and removed the guts
DSC_0056 (3).jpg
Did some sanding on the clear faceplate so it fit into the glass stock faceplate
DSC_0065.jpg
Put it all together and tested it, works great
DSC_0068.jpg
put some sealer on the exposed components
DSC_0054 (4).jpg
was hoping to have some pics of "dark garage" illumination,
but the component sealer takes 1-2 days to cure completely

I have learned the hard way, in my younger days, its a bad idea to mess with stuff til its dry. :rolleyes:

Still need to seal everything upon assembly so it is moisture proof,
Should be quite a difference from a 35/35 watt incandescent bulb.

My high beam setting will power two additional externally mounted LED lamps.

Specs for the lamps are as follows.....
High Power LED Work Lights
27W 10-30v DC
2150 lumens
Spot 30degree beam
Waterproof (before I attacked them) (but they will be again)
Current 2.25A @12V 30,000+hours life
6000K Cool White
1 Year Warranty Satisfaction Guaranteed (before I attacked them)

Last edited:

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Bill, nice job on those lights!! That is an upgrade I want to eventually do for by B7100 as well....better lights. I suspect all I have are a couple of 1156 bulbs for headlights.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks T!! Looks like just a bulb replacement, without having to mess with the housings. Have you tried this with your tractor? If so, how much of a difference do you notice?
Wish I HAD tried them, I think I have an after market something in there, the PO mighty had a different idea as to what good light was.......I need to get in there and do what Bill is working on....replacing the whole shooting match with new stuff. I know that the little LED's behind the gauges were 200% brighter, so I would imagine those to be even better!:)

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Thanks T!! Looks like just a bulb replacement, without having to mess with the housings. Have you tried this with your tractor? If so, how much of a difference do you notice?
Wish I could have found LEDs for the strange funky 3 prong motorsickle
light bulbs mine had, but no luck. Plus they are a pain in the ass to get in.
Add the fact that my reflector finish was shot, this was the best route to go.

After dinner my honey was on the computer (a social worker's day or week never ends)
so I was bored in the garage......

DSC_0055 (5).jpg

DSC_0058 (3).jpg

JimmytheGeek

Equipment
B7200E
Mar 12, 2016
Franklin, KY
Well, it was over the weekend, worst weather was 38*, snowing & raining, but....

Greased my new-to-me B7200E (Mobil 1 grease), changed oil (Rotella T5 15w40) & filter (WIX), changed fuel filter (STENS), changed air filter (Fram?), filled the hydraulic fluid (Kubota SUDT2), replaced the input shaft seal on the RC60-72A gearbox and drained & filled with fresh gear oil (O'Reilly 75w90 full synthetic), changed the blades, replaced 2 grease fittings on the wheels (had to tap one to 6mmx1.0), and greased the wheels & spindles on the deck.

Contemplated adjusting the valves, but decided to wait until I have a new valve cover gasket in-hand.

Busy couple of days on a bum knee and a 2-year-old nephew's birthday party in the next county...

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia

Got out to the woodpile and started bucking the small stuff I never get around to down to size so I can burn it next year. Tired of looking at it. Have to say the new stand I purchased is making my life so much easier, not to mention my back (hard to see in the shadow but it's really quick and simple and holds well!).

And yes that's a green trailer behind the BX, I would love a larger trailer but unfortunately it would be a big green JD21 steel cart as well. They are good carts for the money and Kubota doesn't make one, so flame suit on. Ha.....

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Very nice, I am struggling with a trailer for the woods. Kind of like the Clam Polar Trailer line with a tandem tire setup as it should be easier on the lawn.

What is the log stand? Where did you get it? I use the BH with the thumb, but that looks nice.

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Picked up my BX2370 from the dealer today, my first orange tractor, well, my first tractor.

It's still sitting on the trailer, taking it up to my hunting land tomorrow to do some maintenance.

I don't like where the dealer put the strap, anyone have a better location for it?

oh, and the box blade and bush hog are due to be in on Friday :( Wish I could have had it all at once but such is life.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20667&highlight=chain+tractor+trailer

Kckndrgn the thread above has some good information in it, and there are several others if you search. Have fun with your new tractor :)

Picked up my BX2370 from the dealer today, my first orange tractor, well, my first tractor.

It's still sitting on the trailer, taking it up to my hunting land tomorrow to do some maintenance.

I don't like where the dealer put the strap, anyone have a better location for it?

oh, and the box blade and bush hog are due to be in on Friday :( Wish I could have had it all at once but such is life.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Straps are not my preferred method. Two short chains on front, frame to trailer.
Two chains crossed from frame and ratcheting load binders. Only way to secure a tractor in my opinion. It has to stay on trailer in the event of a collision. That strap will not keep tractor on trailer. Last thing i would want is my brand new tractor coming through the cab of my truck. All you need is some texter bliwing through an intersection.

Nice machine, its my opinion that the most damage happens in the first 40 hours of the learning curve. Play safe.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi

Wow, I never saw a tractor tied down like that!:eek: I tied down the rear blade I bought better then that. Well I guess maybe he was just delivering it across the street to you.

If they ever pick it up for maintenance I would have a little talk first.

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia
Very nice, I am struggling with a trailer for the woods. Kind of like the Clam Polar Trailer line with a tandem tire setup as it should be easier on the lawn.

What is the log stand? Where did you get it? I use the BH with the thumb, but that looks nice.
I got mine from Bailey's, and IIRC it's a Smart stand log holder, or Smart holder? It will hold from 1" up to 9" diameter logs, not tools needed, sets up and folds flat in seconds, it's really a nice simple set up. I will say when changing the diameter of log the swing gate needs to be moved, but even that is done in seconds with no tools. There is some pretty good videos out on it. I wasnt going to buy it, now I wished I had years ago.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Polar trailers are AWESOME. I have the single-axle 1500 lb model and love it. I swapped the hitch to a 1 7/8 standard hitch.

Moved 10,000 lbs more flagstone yesterday. Going to move two more pallets today and that should about be it for the back yard, save a couple pieces should they run short. The contractor told me he accepted this job thinking they could move the flag themselves. My Kubota has saved them from losing their butts. I told him to "remember this come the next job bids!"

Staging of material as of yesterday...

Attachments

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

I'm not quite sure what your dealer was thinking strapping the kubota down like that. :eek: should have a minimum of two chains rated for 5k each. One front, one back. You can go with straps. But be careful they don't hit a sharp edge or they can rip.

I have a hook on the front of mine, I can run a chain through. On the back, I use a clevis hook through the draw bar. That's the bare minimum. Any attachment needs to have its own strap or chain holding it down. Even when hooked to the tractor. It's to keep the attachment planted to the trailer incase of an accident. ;) Attachments include buckets and backhoes as well.

So for your tractor. One front, one back, plus the bucket as it sits. If you have the bush hog or back blade. They would need there own strap. That's bare minimum for dot regs under 10k lbs. Anything over 10k needs one on each corner. Plus attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I'm not quite sure what your dealer was thinking strapping the kubota down like that. :eek: should have a minimum of two chains rated for 5k each. One front, one back. You can go with straps. But be careful they don't hit a sharp edge or they can rip.

I have a hook on the front of mine, I can run a chain through. On the back, I use a clevis hook through the draw bar. That's the bare minimum. Any attachment needs to have its own strap or chain holding it down. Even when hooked to the tractor. It's to keep the attachment planted to the trailer incase of an accident. ;) Attachments include buckets and backhoes as well.

So for your tractor. One front, one back, plus the bucket as it sits. If you have the bush hog or back blade. They would need there own strap. That's bare minimum for dot regs under 10k lbs. Anything over 10k needs one on each corner. Plus attachments
One thing to add, up here if trailer has sides, tractor doesent need to be tied down at all. As long as sides are above axles and has a tailgate.i would still tie it down.