What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well started the little b6000 up to check for water leaks on newly installed radiator.... Couple little weeps .... Tightened the clamps little more and they were sorted..... Waiting on new exhaust so it is very loud at moment and due to British Easter weather I couldn't carry on with welding my bonnet. One scary moment was when it wouldn't turn over nothing at all.... One quick check later and the earth wire reconnected to the starter and the beauty fired up... [emoji3]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
I've found when tightening hose clamps on radiators that it's good practice to run the motor to operating temperature and give the clamps a second tweak :D They always seem to expand a little then start dripping

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
I've found when tightening hose clamps on radiators that it's good practice to run the motor to operating temperature and give the clamps a second tweak :D They always seem to expand a little then start dripping
Thanks [emoji1] I gave it a good run just the one little weep probably because it's an awkward one to tighten under the hydraulic pump.... I'll keep an eye on it .... As I run it in .... But all told 100% better than the old rad which had a broken neck and then sprung a leak low down as well.... [emoji97]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Got my electrical all figured out today. Horn and lights are now functional. Hour meter does not work. I will have to find a replacement. I am tempted to find a small hour meter to put under the hood and use the dash slot for an oil pressure gauge instead. I don't need the hour meter to be visible while using the tractor, as I only use it for my maintenance schedule.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hauled the BX 90 miles round trip and ran it for about 5 hours - cleaned up some of that vine stuff that takes over trees and smoothed out a friends land and got to dig a little ditch!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Yesterday got a little time to try out a new tiller for the first time and get a garden bed ready.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Do you know that sinking feeling when you're working in the shop and find that rogue ball bearing, you know the only place it could
have come from was probably one of the detents in the shifter. But you've got your transmission painted buttoned-up and ready
to be installed.

Oh well time to break out the air tools and fire up the compressor, let's see where it came from.

But now wait a minute. That compressor sounds a bit funny, upon further investigation you find out the bearing in your
rod and piston assembly went to hell.

Oh yeah, I drained the last of the hydraulic fluid from the rear end and started getting it ready to be painted. And got the shop cleaned
up quite a bit so I can move around again in there.

Good thing I have two other compressors as backups.

Last edited:

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Did some mowing today, first time at home with the MMM on my BX. Unfortunately this is the first time I have mowed part of my land (moved into the home last Dec) and the PO left some broken cinder blocks in the back of the property. I managed to find one with the mower deck :(
On the plus side this gave me a reason to remove the mower deck so I could inspect the damage.
Fortunately, it only bent part of the lip that's on the deck up, no damage to the blades. The left blade was rubbing the lip of the mower deck, a few moments with a pair of pliers to bend the lip back out of the way and all was fine.

Now, what made the job so much more difficult. Of the 3 pins that are pulled to remove the mower deck, 2 of them had the roll pins set incorrectly so they would not held the pin out. Once I figured that out and used a punch to set the roll pins to they would hold correctly all was fine.

millsan1

Equipment
BX25D, SGC05, 4' Box Blade, 6' rake, 6' blade, Titan BX42 Chipper
Saturday went to neighbors house and did a good bit of brush cleanup with the grapple. On the way back, another neighbor asked if I hired out. I now have a job to do next weekend for him.

Sunday was spent cursing and yelling, you know, doing the maintenance on the machine. Helpful note, put the vice grips on the fuel line BEFORE you take the filter off. Much easier that way.

RedTailHawk

Jan 6, 2013
Capon Bridge, WV
did everything with mine over the weekend... cleared a mountain-side food plot, (dropped a tree on it, and it survived without a mark), dug a trench to divert mountain-spring runoff from flooding another one of my food plots, installed a galvanized culvert in the road with my son and nephew. Can't wait to get out to play, I mean, work again.

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg I

IMG_0641.jpg

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Changed oil on tractor but still need to change hydrolic filter and clean small on but i am going to research how to do it. The manuals say it is a simple take off filters and change and clean and recheck fluids. Helped dad after dark change his oil on his motorcycle and put in barn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sunday was spent cursing and yelling,
I was thinking that was caused by having to spend the day with family doing Hoppy Ether stuff! :D

dropped a tree on it, and it survived without a mark

installed a galvanized culvert in the road with my son and nephew.

Yea you did drop a tree on the tractor, Not a wise choice! :eek:

I'm all about child labor! :rolleyes::cool: But would the loader been faster to back fill it? :p;)

Last edited:

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I fine tuned my Pat's and Hodge 3ph setup. The plate the stabilizers mount to was frozen, but copious applications of acetone/atf mix and patience (lube and tap, lube and tap) paid off now it works as it should. The combination of the Pat's quick hitches and the Hodge stabilizers is a winning combo.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Brought the my Grand L3830 to our shop changed all fluids and filters , greased checked air pressure in all tires and even put a coat of wax on her . Tractors serviced and shinning like a new nickel , I'm doing a grading job tomorrow for a neighbor getting ready for another round pen for her horses.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Damn - we got almost 8" of snow today!! That's almost what we got all season so far. Oh well - dragged a lot of snow today :cool:

Wildan

Equipment
L4240 HSTC &L3000DT
Sep 19, 2013
St.Lawrence Co.NY
We are in "mud" season right now,so no tractor work.Snow plow is still on the big tractor.Hopefully in a couple weeks we can start food plot preps.
We are in Northern NY and had very little snow this year so the tractor sat for quite a while.

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Added the bolt-on hooks to my BX FEL last night. That's been about it lately, too many projects going on with the house and not enough time to get in the seat.