New to forum, new machine bought sight unseen. B2400 HST

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Prototype? Custom? One-off? Whatever you want to call it, mine is still doing all I ask of it:

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
World is a mess of scum tho. I actually believe that 98% of people are good and ruin it for the rest of us.
LOL...sounds like a scammer speaking!

I know....I'm just trying to keep the Christmas spirit going...LOL...we all know what you meant! :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hi- Ben from CT Here.

Bought this on FB last week without seeing it in person. $3500 for it with abou that many hours so $1/hr lol. I did see some cold start videos and a bunch more pics and it looks to be a very well maintained fleet mower from a golf course or something. I am having it delivered to me on Friday via Uship so will be an interesting day to say the least! Seller gave me his manuals/spare parts to fix the leaking center pivot on the front axle.

My use will be mowing and eventually want to put a loader on it for mulch/firewood/snow work On my 2 acres.

Will want to start with checking all the maintenance items first so it’s up to speed on fluids/filters etc. and then just start driving it to see what comes up. Seller did indicate some electrical items are not working so I know that is to be expected. I found a good hood online and should get that later this week too so will be an exciting fri.
View attachment 118838
View attachment 118839
View attachment 118840

Think the whole world is looking for a loader but please let me know if you know of one for sale in New England.

Thank you
Welcome to the Orange,, Now as to the goings on about the buying sight unseen,,, we, on this site, have seen and heard of tons of good people getting scammed for big bucks. So dont take it personal, if it is a real deal well then, it looks OK.

Reactions: 1 user

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Congratulations! More likely than not, it's a good tractor needing little. Have fun, and I agree- it's a great opportunity to spend quality time with your son.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Or at least, pretended to setup a time to drive and "see it" to see if the seller changes his story or ghost him via. email.
🦊 With that kind of mentality I bet you run a good bluff at the poker table.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you have the time, patience and a good selection of wood, you can easily make a very functional loader. I made one for a JD317 I had, used wood for the 'mock up', made sure cylinders were correct sizes( wooden of course), that frames didn't hit stuff and then went the extra mile and made the bucket 'self leveling'. Yes, used up a fair amount of wood BUT once the 'templates' were made,only needed ONE set of steel parts, box of 7018AC rods and next day it was done. By then all the hoses and cylinders had arrived. Late afternoon it was 'up and running'. Tested fine then sold tractor with loader 2 weeks later

BeninCT

Equipment
Kubota B2400 HST
Dec 25, 2023
CT, USA
Welcome to the Orange,, Now as to the goings on about the buying sight unseen,,, we, on this site, have seen and heard of tons of good people getting scammed for big bucks. So dont take it personal, if it is a real deal well then, it looks OK.
Time will tell! Let you know fri lol

BeninCT

Equipment
Kubota B2400 HST
Dec 25, 2023
CT, USA
How are your metal fabrication skills? If you can weld, you can ignore the naysayers and build your own.
Pretty good. I was a carpenter for 15 years and have been pushing into the metal working world in the last few. Have a shop with lathe/mill/plasma/mig/tig and a whole bunch of other tools lol. It’s an addiction….

Last winter my son and I restored a 1960 Willys DJ3A that took some welding to say the least…. I can handle the loader build and will do it next winter if I don’t find one.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

BeninCT

Equipment
Kubota B2400 HST
Dec 25, 2023
CT, USA
Prototype? Custom? One-off? Whatever you want to call it, mine is still doing all I ask of it:
Nice build!

I have seen this loader and I love the simple lines of the arms but would have to mock up the curve to see how it would work with my square old 2400. did you design yours or did you have some drawings to work from or another to measure?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Not sure if that is your son or your daughter, but whomever it is they are giving you the finger. I guess that they didn't want to be in the picture.

BeninCT

Equipment
Kubota B2400 HST
Dec 25, 2023
CT, USA
I got it just now! Better than expected for the most part. Cranks slow but the battery tested good with the load tester so will clean the connections and try again then scrutinize the starter.

Idles so nicely with no blow by coming out oil fill. The diesel “knock” sound that is normal for diesels is a little inconsistent at idle so will run some injector cleaner and just use it and get used to it. Really runs well and hydraulics work but no signals/hazards so electrical should be easy enough to sort in time. Mower deck turns quietly too. Think I got a good deal. Not counting my chickens yet but I think I did.

Can we determine age with the S/N somehow? Any other comments on this?

Front axle fill has a vent hose with a fuel filter on it which is odd but makes sense to my mind.

Please let me know if anything looks out of whack. Thanks

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
I got it just now! Better than expected for the most part. Cranks slow but the battery tested good with the load tester so will clean the connections and try again then scrutinize the starter.

Idles so nicely with no blow by coming out oil fill. The diesel “knock” sound that is normal for diesels is a little inconsistent at idle so will run some injector cleaner and just use it and get used to it. Really runs well and hydraulics work but no signals/hazards so electrical should be easy enough to sort in time. Mower deck turns quietly too. Think I got a good deal. Not counting my chickens yet but I think I did.

Can we determine age with the S/N somehow? Any other comments on this?

Front axle fill has a vent hose with a fuel filter on it which is odd but makes sense to my mind.

Please let me know if anything looks out of whack. Thanks

Enjoy! Hope it works out better than you expect.

crbr

Equipment
2006 B7800, 2022 BX1880
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Japanese products have an excellence for quality. Made in Japan.

Looks like a decent machine. Good find.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Nice build!

I have seen this loader and I love the simple lines of the arms but would have to mock up the curve to see how it would work with my square old 2400. did you design yours or did you have some drawings to work from or another to measure?
I borrowed heavily from pictures here and elsewhere and other research, including a paper on the subject of SCUT FEL design principles I found on the internet. Plus a lot of advice and information from other B7100 owners right here on this forum.

Initially, I was looking at adapting plans by PF Engineering, but came to the conclusion that I was better off starting from scratch. His plans were really aimed at something smaller and simply scaling it up wasn't looking good.

I took a pile of measurements and started laying things out in a drawing program (some of those drawings can be seen in this thread). I did a lot of cut-and-paste on different layers so I could walk through the range of motion, angles, etc. of each design change.

Online hydraulic force calculators helped a lot with calculating cylinder mounting angles, diameters and pressures. I found similar tables and calculators to help with the structural members.

So did I design it? In the sense that I was the one who put all the stolen ideas together, yes. But I can't claim to have created the thing from whole cloth.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Looks like you did fine. If your going to fab a loader I'd suggest measuring width of hood area and get an idea where the loader towers would set and then keep an eye out of a loader of any brand that comes close that you can modify. Makes the whole process easier.

I found and installed a Massey loader on a L305 Kubota and it worked out fine. I did not have to modify any of the loader but had to fabricate all the mounting brackets.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Have a shop with lathe/mill/plasma/mig/tig and a whole bunch of other tools lol. It’s an addiction….
A truer statement has never been spoken.

I wonder if theres a "12 step program" for guys like us.........:D

BTW Nice job on that Jeep. (y)