New BX25D, DIY mods

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
some more pics of control box install.
I plan on build in floor panel under the winch, and make a custom sliding lid for the top painted orange, when I can get some more steel to work with.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
But now your ballast box holds 100lbs of ballast instead of the 3 to 4 hundred pounds that it needs to work right, what's the purpose of that?
Don't get me wrong, I like the winch Idea, but in this case, I think your working backwards, in my eyes your de-improving an attachment.:rolleyes:

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
I didn't loose any weight, because I don't have a stripped down BX25. This style box carries 300 lbs.

the cab is 300 lbs by itself, the backhoe 500 lbs. When I use the balance box, which had 300 lbs of sand in it , but now it's 150 lbs of sand and after i make the lid and rails and the floor plate, plus all the tools and extra chains going in , it will be close back to what it was.

Don't for get the chains in the front end tube and side tube also are adding weight to the tractor.

I needed the room in the balance bucket to carry more stuff. because when I go out, I am gone all day or night before I come home, so take everything you need.

North Idaho Wolfman, why are you up so late ?

Last edited:

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
North Idaho Wolfman,

after looking back at the setup ,

If I wanted to not use it as a tool box , I could have just made a case with a lid that I could open if needed around the winch, added some wire protection , and just put the sand back into it. if I needed the weight but I don't think so.

Also, my 13 acres is pretty flat for the most part, just my luck. When the ground is wet , I need a really good reason to go out. With the R4 tires so far the winter is no problem.

I had some trees I cut down they fell over a ridge and I used chains and pulling with the tractor to get them up with Too much driving. So now with this winch , I plan to just pull up the rest , EASY PESSY, LEMON Squeezy.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok now I've got a better picture of what your doing!;)
Hummm mobile tool box/caddy sounds like an excellent choice!
Yes chains get real heavy so that can help if you do need the ballast.
Think shovel holders too on it!:cool:
If you put an eye above or below the winch you can use it for a compound pull too.

My place is sloped for the most part so all the weight I can keep on the ground the better.

Me up late well it was only 10:12 my time, but normally I'm up till around 2:00am and then I try and call it a day.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
North Idaho Wolfman

I am glad you can see my vision for this quick project. The shovel/rake holder , hum, let me see how I can make that happen. I also need to get my chain saw into it too.

Have to go into town and look for heavy duty electrical connectors and heavy battery wires to finish this winch install. I also need a large steel plate to make the lid out of. All I see out there is the shinny diamond plate steel in the stores big enough for what I need. I wanted to paint the lid orange to match but I hope I don't have to settle for the shinny stuff.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Find a metal supply company to get the diamond plate, but also look and see if there is a metal salvage place near you, It can save you a ton, that's where I get mine, they deal in salvage and new metal.

For the plugs think Golf carts, they use those plugs, places to get them are Graybar, Grainger, EBay, or drop me a PM and I'll send you a pair, I Bought 100 a while ago for cheap.

For the tool holders look at Wildfire's setup's, He's got it going on!;)

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Kennyd4110, North Idaho Wolfman

Thanks for the feedback on the Multipole Connectors.

I did find a set in my garage while cleaning up from this project.

Wolfman,

I did take your advice , and added the shovel and rake holder to my plan , but its a long way from being done, but off to a good start if I don't mess it up.

Last edited:

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
lreops,

That was when I went tumbling down the hill shot.

Thanks man , I corrected the pic.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
more pics to show
isnt this the rover on mars? hell i knew was water there! :D

nice lights! And to think about being in the heated cab! Does that thing have a microwave and a cooler? Might be no need to come out of it !

Nicely done!

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
isnt this the rover on mars? hell i knew was water there! :D

nice lights! And to think about being in the heated cab! Does that thing have a microwave and a cooler? Might be no need to come out of it !

Nicely done!
Why yes ,I do have a plug in cooler/warmer, but did not show it yet because it has not been painted Orange . :), but it will soon.

85Hokie,
Thanks alot, I do alot of work after I get home from a long day at work. So I need all the lights to get stuff done safely. Tripped badly one night without the lights.