New BX25D, DIY mods

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Kennyd4110,

Because I didn't like the looks of them at the time I did this.

I put them back far enough, and with the bucket tilted down , I have not bent the lip of the bucket yet.

The hooks have come in very handy on a lot of jobs I have done.

Attachments

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Kennyd4110

I set aside two weeks to get this conversion on the tractor done, with a $2000.00 budget for everything. So I might have been in a hurry and did not understand the spacers at the time.

I like your stuff very well. For a guy who doesn't have any welding tools, these were the trick for me. I guess I was trying to show what a guy with no welding skills could still do to his tractor if he wanted.

Attachments

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Close up of the BroTech, tool box , and added some chain hooks and tie downs all in one that I made (got the idea off the internet) in case i need to pull something or tie tractor down while on a trailer.

Last pic shows the BroTech, tool box in the up position (comes with two locating holes to choose from) because it was too low while out in the muddy fields. It's good now , and handy place for me to carry a 20 foot chain in.

Attachments

Last edited:

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland
Question on your chain hooks, did you have them fabricated with the plate welded on or were you able to purchase them like you have them shown? And if purchased, from where. I have some applications that they could be very useful. They make a cleaner look than what I probably would come up with.

Again, nice work.

Ron

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Kennyd4110

I set aside two weeks to get this conversion on the tractor done, with a $2000.00 budget for everything. So I might have been in a hurry and did not understand the spacers at the time.

I like your stuff very well. For a guy who doesn't have any welding tools, these were the trick for me. I guess I was trying to show what a guy with no welding skills could still do to his tractor if he wanted.
Thank you very much! You did a great job with that budget!

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Ron,

Thanks for the kind words.

I purchased the "BroTech" tool box, which comes with the metal side mounting brackets, which I used their bolts and holes to line up with. I then purchased the hooks and tie-downs from local tractor supply company, and cut a notch in the chain hook for the tie-down to pass through, then I painted everything to match the frame color try to make it look like factory installed.

Look close at my pictures, and you will see everything is bolted together not welded.

I see no reason why if you wanted to weld this together, that it would be no problem. I am not a welder (yet).

Nothing on this tractor that I modified is welded, only used bolt on items because I don't have a welder, and did not want to wait for someone to weld it up for me.

Attachments

Last edited:

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Mani1147,

The gear shift boots are:
"MR Gasket Co." part #9648, www.mr-gasket.com, purchased at "Advanced Auto Parts" store.

I decided to take some pictures with the cab cleaned up. WildFire would be proud.

Attachments

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Very cool! Job well done.

lamanated

Equipment
BX
May 2, 2013
Zephyrhills Fl
anyone think of making a bar that goes over the forward pedal so you can pull it up to go backwards,, I had an old Norton that had a shifter like that, saves you putting your foot on the other side of a pedal each time..

lamanated

Equipment
BX
May 2, 2013
Zephyrhills Fl
Couple things I'd like is a tube on the vertical arm to put a chain in, prob one on the other side for a shovel or rake. a light near the key, so you can see where to put the key in the dark.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Its snowing today , so I needed something to do.

I saw this on line , so I thought I would add wheels to my balance box to make it easier to move when I take it off to put on the backhoe.

Gather all parts , lay them out , make locations, and start drilling. Bolt , paint , clean up , roll it into a corner when not needed.

Metal rollers came from Lowes.

Attachments