New BX25D, DIY mods

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
1 battery box cover comes off for better air flow from under the tractor in the winter when the cover is in place.

2 Knobs must of come off the ROPS, I had to cut mine down so that I could turn them when the cab was on.

3 Just remember to put ROPS when going into your garage.

4 No I did not get the rear wiper, winters are not that bad here , but I wish I had got them , but I was never in a position where I needed them. If you have a rear snow blower then I would get one.

One more thing you need, is the wheel spacers , it really makes the tractor more stable! Also get your rear tires Loaded it will lower your center of gravity with that cab on.

I haven't taken the cover off yet - but why did they remove the battery box cover? Any clue? I have the two pieces put to the side with a note saying put it back on in the summer time (I guess once the cover is back on).

Plus I have a few black hand turn knobs and some bolts in a box, not sure what they took off to put the cab on or where they go to.

I used your measurements to make sure the cab would fit in my garage. You were correct 79 1/2"! I was still nervous right to the point of slowing backing into the garage. But sure enough - I have three inches to spare :D

Did you put a wiper on the back glass? I see the two holes there so it might be an option. Not sure how the snow will fall on the back glass and if its needed. Guess I wont know till I see some snow falling.

Last edited:

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
I bought the same size boot for all three, and cut the forward peddle boot chrome metal to make it fit.

Same size shifter boots for all three? I think thats my next add on, seeing how open they are on the floor

Last edited:

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Battery box makes sense. I will have to remember to put it back on in the spring when i take the cover off.

ROPS knobs, yup that was it. I remember them now. Looks like they took them off and put bolts in place

Rear wiper, I'm sure like you I wont need them. But I think like you this is a one time pass from my wife. I can have what i want all at once and thats it. So I'm kicking myself for not having them order it :) But probably not needed :D

I been talking to brotech about spacers (along with the front and rear skid plate). Looks like I can get 1.5 spacers in the rear. I have a MMM as a backup plan if our zero turn breaks. So I want to be able to use the MM in an emergency. But its a 54 inch.

I asked the dealer to load the tires, they didnt want too, saying something about rusting the rims. So in the next few weeks I will be doing it myself. I thing I still have the tire stem adapter from loading my ford tractors tires many years ago. Just wondering how many gallons I can fit in each rear tire. By the size it looks like 8-9 gallons. I have a heavy hitch coming for the rear though with a suitcase weight bracket. So in the winter time I can add some weights if need be also.

Boots I see on amazon for $11 a pop, ordering them up.

Did you ever add any insulation, sound deadening to the floorboard and front to help with the trans noise in the cab?

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
No sound deadening material , yet , maybe.
Yes , get everything you want up front and add it to your payment.
I got 20 gallons of -20 wind sheild washer fluid and put 10 into each tire.
With the R4 tires , they worked great in the winter,

Battery box makes sense. I will have to remember to put it back on in the spring when i take the cover off.

ROPS knobs, yup that was it. I remember them now. Looks like they took them off and put bolts in place

Rear wiper, I'm sure like you I wont need them. But I think like you this is a one time pass from my wife. I can have what i want all at once and thats it. So I'm kicking myself for not having them order it :) But probably not needed :D

I been talking to brotech about spacers (along with the front and rear skid plate). Looks like I can get 1.5 spacers in the rear. I have a MMM as a backup plan if our zero turn breaks. So I want to be able to use the MM in an emergency. But its a 54 inch.

I asked the dealer to load the tires, they didnt want too, saying something about rusting the rims. So in the next few weeks I will be doing it myself. I thing I still have the tire stem adapter from loading my ford tractors tires many years ago. Just wondering how many gallons I can fit in each rear tire. By the size it looks like 8-9 gallons. I have a heavy hitch coming for the rear though with a suitcase weight bracket. So in the winter time I can add some weights if need be also.

Boots I see on amazon for $11 a pop, ordering them up.

Did you ever add any insulation, sound deadening to the floorboard and front to help with the trans noise in the cab?

Martywoodburner

Equipment
BX 2670-1, 60 MMM, FEL, Back Blade, Front mount Snowblower
Apr 17, 2015
Kirtland Hills, OH
T33jetman.....what a great thread that I tripped across!
Nice work on all your projects.
Wheels on the ballast box ! Why didn't I think of that !
Have you started welding or did someone do the winch mod for you?

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
I did the winch mod myself, it is bolt on.
I stole the caster idea from another guys photo who got no credit for it.
I have more threads so do a search for them and videos on Youtube..

T33jetman.....what a great thread that I tripped across!
Nice work on all your projects.
Wheels on the ballast box ! Why didn't I think of that !
Have you started welding or did someone do the winch mod for you?