Kubota's for Work or Play?

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Ok, I decided to go back and look at each post. If there was any insinuation that the tractor has earned money while under your ownership then you fall into the WORK category. Some post's were a little tough for my pea brain to decide so they will go to the WORK category as well.

WORK

Eric
dusty-t
magicheater
Tailrotor
smokinhart
wildfire

PLAY

traildust
gmtinker
ptwyz
Hefty2000
JWB
nkcblue

Looks like if I guess correctly we are at a dead heat! Six work and six play.

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Ok, I decided to go back and look at each post. If there was any insinuation that the tractor has earned money while under your ownership then you fall into the WORK category. Some post's were a little tough for my pea brain to decide so they will go to the WORK category as well.

WORK

Eric
dusty-t
magicheater
Tailrotor
smokinhart
wildfire

PLAY

traildust
gmtinker
ptwyz
Hefty2000
JWB
nkcblue

Looks like if I guess correctly we are at a dead heat! Six work and six play.

Scott

YEAH I'd say that a pretty fair tally of the responses. I did the same and went back to the start and I'd have to agree. We certainly did venture off topic quite a few miles away but it has been FUN looking at all the pictures and really getting to know one another.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
YEAH I'd say that a pretty fair tally of the responses. I did the same and went back to the start and I'd have to agree. We certainly did venture off topic quite a few miles away but it has been FUN looking at all the pictures and really getting to know one another.
What? Venture off topic? Me? :p

Scott

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
Mine is all 100% play. I bought a house 3 years ago with 5 acres of land. The previous owner built the house and ran out of money and never was able to do any landscaping at all. So I have my play cut out for me.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Mine is all 100% play. I bought a house 3 years ago with 5 acres of land. The previous owner built the house and ran out of money and never was able to do any landscaping at all. So I have my play cut out for me.
That is a gift from the heavens right there! A brand new house and 5 acres of unadulterated land! Oh you lucky man.

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Hey Greg, I do landscaping as a side business so if you have any questions or need some help feel free to ask me either on here in a post or send me a private message and I'll do what I can for ya! Does not have to be tractor related it can be with plant material or how to build a pond.

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
Traildust, I do consider myself lucky. It's my dream house, well... as close to my dream house as I could afford and still live in a commute distance to New York City.

Eric, I will be contacting you. I'm totally floundering on what to do. Everytime I sit on my back patio and ponder what to do, I come up with a different idea. I should post some pics.

k4me

Equipment
b7100hst (early)
Feb 7, 2010
Erie, CO USA
Here's another vote on the play side. Haven't had my b7100 long enough to use it all the ways I hope too either. So far just been pushing a little snow around, but when the gravel driveway finally dries out a little I plan on trying out the box blade!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I have to say my BX24 is for play. I think my wife told me that. I would like to use it for work and move up to a bigger tractor. A tractor of anysize makes work into play.
Hey SoCal, nice tractor with the blower, chains and blade! I know you have been putting that to use with the bad storms this winter.

If I remember correctly didn't they shut the mountain down for a week? The news made it sound pretty bad with stores running out of food and the trapped tourist doing extended stays in churches.

One more thing. Is that a welder just off the nose of your tractor, sure looks like one.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Traildust, I do consider myself lucky. It's my dream house, well... as close to my dream house as I could afford and still live in a commute distance to New York City.

Eric, I will be contacting you. I'm totally floundering on what to do. Everytime I sit on my back patio and ponder what to do, I come up with a different idea. I should post some pics.
I second that!

Scott

SoCal Kubota

Equipment
BX24, BX2750D
Nov 5, 2009
Running Springs, CA.
Yes, we had 3 to 5 feet over the area. My little BX did great. I've only levied in the mountains for two year now. But I owned the lot for 20. I have to work in my garage but hope to build a shop, like Wildfire. I wont be able to retire for about 4 more years so I have time.

Attachments

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Yes, we had 3 to 5 feet over the area. My little BX did great. I've only levied in the mountains for two year now. But I owned the lot for 20. I have to work in my garage but hope to build a shop, like Wildfire. I wont be able to retire for about 4 more years so I have time.
Hi there SoCal,
Glad to have somebody else on here from my region! Your house is really nice I go crazy over the log style build.
I bet you had a blast with the tractor in that snow. I sure hope the pantry was stocked up and you didn't go hungry. Are you ready for the next storm this weekend?

Again, love this house!

Scott

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Guys (and Gals)... if by work you mean you use it to make money:rolleyes: That ain't me:)

I am a retired gentleman farmer that uses the Kubota for just about everything from mowing grass to removing snow.

To be honest I am known in the neighborhood as the guy on the orange tractor. When it snows I make sure the driveways in the neighborhood are cleared, especially for the older folks. They seem to worry a lot even though the streets may still have 2 feet of snow on them... at least their driveway is clear. In the fall I mulch and bag everyone's leaves as I layer them on my garden to turn under in the spring. I usually collect aroung 750 to 1000 bushels each year.

As far as payment.... beer, cookies, and all kinds of cakes and pies. It is hard to explain to little old ladies that insist on giving me hot cocoa while doing my thing. that an oldd man like me dressed in 5 layers of clothes should not partake due to the "tinkle factor".

When I had a mild stroke hear while back... the doc would not let me drive my truck. Yep you got it... I went to town 4 miles away on my tractor:cool:. Rising Sun, MD is a small town with two stop lights and 5 pizza joints. The town cops frowned on this practice however they got used to it.

As you can imagine I am quite attached to my Kubota... Butch

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey Butch!
You sound like a very busy man getting all that tractor work done and teazing those women folk :p

A well preparid man like yourself can always get by with a tractor. Too bad I don't live a lot closer, I'd love to convoy the kubota's with you. That would be a real hoot! "Never mind us, were just rolling into town for a bite to eat."

Scott

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Scott.... funny you'd mention a "K" convoy. I have four neighbors that own a Kubota of some kind. I have the B2410, my best friend across the street has a honk'n Kubota lawn tractor, two just down the street have large Kubota front end mowers, and the grand daddy of us all.... two doors down... has a fully tricked out L35 heated cab and all.

At Christmas time we light them up with home made 12V LED light strings :Dand form what you'd call "the convoy". I pull a 8x12 utility trailer lined with hay bales on which the neighborhood children (3 to let's just say well over 65 years old) for caroling.

My buddy puts a 6' blow up of an internally lighted Grinch on top of his cab. This makes for a couple hours of "Orange" fun.

Is this what you meant by convoy:rolleyes:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Scott.... funny you'd mention a "K" convoy. I have four neighbors that own a Kubota of some kind. I have the B2410, my best friend across the street has a honk'n Kubota lawn tractor, two just down the street have large Kubota front end mowers, and the grand daddy of us all.... two doors down... has a fully tricked out L35 heated cab and all.

At Christmas time we light them up with home made 12V LED light strings :Dand form what you'd call "the convoy". I pull a 8x12 utility trailer lined with hay bales on which the neighborhood children (3 to let's just say well over 65 years old) for caroling.

My buddy puts a 6' blow up of an internally lighted Grinch on top of his cab. This makes for a couple hours of "Orange" fun.

Is this what you meant by convoy:rolleyes:
Hell ya Butch, that's exactly what I'm talk'n about! Now that is some real good times. You are a lucky man to be surronded by so many loving people.

We wouldn't have to roll big like that all the time, maybe a run for breakfast and coffee enjoying the morning. Then we'd turn that convoy around and start bust'n sod. I know you're a busy man but I'd do my best to keep up :D

Scott