Kubota's for Work or Play?

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
boys I'll have to let you all in on a little secret of mine. If you want to have your tractors stand out a little bit you'll have to mix up a additive that I use and dump in the fuel tank. I just poured some in my little scooter but I think I added to much :eek:
Damn that's a crazy bike, funny as hell too! So no that your little secret is out, how bout passing on some of the additive?

Our little machines can use some of that kinda mojo.

Scott

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
how bout passing on some of the additive?

Our little machines can use some of that kinda mojo.

Scott
I don't know Scott if you should use it. Look at what happened when I tried it on my GoldWing. The small one is the actual size one. When I mixed up the stuff I had a bad batch and now the biggest GoldWing is parked at a local airplane hanger at the local airport :eek:

Get it wrong with your tractor and that tractor could end up as big as a Cat D-11. :eek:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Ok, now that's kinda creepy!

I also think you have been giving some of that mojo juice to Eric...

And since I was willing to take my chances like a crack addict I got some of that mojo juice from Eric and now I have this.....

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
YEAH we need help, 45 replies and 5 pages later, we're still going at it! Kinda glad I started this post!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Nice post with a bit of fun added to it. This is what it's all about sir :cool:
YEAH we need help, 45 replies and 5 pages later, we're still going at it! Kinda glad I started this post!
Eric and Paul, that's the magnet to this forum that draws people. When the work is needed people dig in and offer what they have. At the same time there's lots of friendly jabs tossed around to keep it live.

All work and no play is for suckers. If the job's tough, put your back into it but make sure you are able to see the lighter side of everything.

I'm so lucky to be able to work in a shop that has a dress casual attitude, it helps.....

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
WOW 656 Views 6 paiges and 52 replies later. Can we make this the all time greatest post here on OTT??

nkcblue

Equipment
L3400DT, 94 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins, 01 Fatboy
Oct 29, 2009
Platte City, Missouri, USA
Well, better late than never. I use my orange tractor for work, or at least that is what I tell the wife. Riding around the pasture mowing grass sippin on a beer as I go, darn tough life!! Then add in some snow moving, wood hauling, driveway repair, stump diggin, the new tractor has certainly made things easier on me, luv that cup holder.

Wildfire

Equipment
WOW 656 Views 6 paiges and 52 replies later. Can we make this the all time greatest post here on OTT??
The thread is sure doing well on here. Feels good don't it. When I'm restoring motorcycles for our collection I'll always start a thread over on the honda305.com site and when I did my "65 Honda Dream I never ever thought it would get up to just about 61,000 hits and a 171 replies and still climbing.

I still have to answer PM's because of that thread weekly from all over the world and have been asked to write a book on the restoration which I have started.

Just goes to show. When you start something you never know where it's going to end or even end up ;)

The rebirth of a C78 305 Honda Dream
http://www.honda305.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1109

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Truly amazing work Paul. Does all you work go on right in your backyard of your home? Judging by some of your pictures I've seen in the past it doesn't look like your shop is very big and sort of looks to be in your backyard.

Wildfire

Equipment
Truly amazing work Paul. Does all you work go on right in your backyard of your home? Judging by some of your pictures I've seen in the past it doesn't look like your shop is very big and sort of looks to be in your backyard.
Eric our main shop is right behind our home. It consists of a two bar garage with all the modern tools we need to operate the business. Each bay has it's own above ground two post hoist. Each door is automatic and will open with the touch of a button. One of the bays has it own heavy duty motorcycle ramp and on the side section of the garage there's a machine shop/tool room and in front of that in the same building is the main office. It was built not to look to commercial and to blend in with it's surroundings but there's a lot of work that passes through here.

Across from the main shop is another building that we call "Gasoline Alley". This building is there to house our collection of all the items I've restored. I also do outside work such as mobile welding but work out of the shop for the most part. Here's a little peak of how it looks driving up my driveway.

When you pull into our driveway this is what you'll see first:

Turn right and continue on to Specialty Repairs:

By now you'll notice our shop behind the house:

Now you have arrived at Specialty Repairs:

From our patio looking to the left you'll see Gasoline Alley:

Looking to the right you'll see Specialty Repairs:

By now you might have figured it out. Yes. I'm a back yard mechanic :D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
WOW you surely do pack a big punch in such a small space. It goes to show you don't have to have the biggest building to get things done. I'd love to one day have the room to do all that just for personal gains or maybe a little repair work on the side. But the county I live in kinda frowns upon that much doings in a residential backyard. Henrico County gets kinda crappy about where you park your boat or utility trailer. Between my dad and I theres 3 trucks and 4 trailers plus 2 tractors in our yard a and we could get in a heap of trouble and be made to remove it all, but our neighbors do not seem to mind since we do so much in the neighborhood. My goal is to one day own a few acre's of land in the country where I can get away with a big garage and having the toys around.

Wildfire

Equipment
WOW you surely do pack a big punch in such a small space. It goes to show you don't have to have the biggest building to get things done. I'd love to one day have the room to do all that just for personal gains or maybe a little repair work on the side. But the county I live in kinda frowns upon that much doings in a residential backyard. Henrico County gets kinda crappy about where you park your boat or utility trailer. Between my dad and I theres 3 trucks and 4 trailers plus 2 tractors in our yard a and we could get in a heap of trouble and be made to remove it all, but our neighbors do not seem to mind since we do so much in the neighborhood. My goal is to one day own a few acre's of land in the country where I can get away with a big garage and having the toys around.
I know what your saying and it's basically the same around here. Our home is located in a mixed zoning. It's part commerical and residential. Before I could operate a business here I had to apply for a permit and considering I had a reputation as a clean freak I had no problem getting the permit. There is never a mess on our land but I have neighbors that live like pigs that should clean up there property but they don't. We've been in business for 15 years this past January and there's never been one complaint but then again most of the business's and neighbors aound here are our customers :D;)

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
WOW Paul! You are living my dream :eek:

I'm no fool, well that's arguable, but I know you have everything because you took chances and worked hard to get there. Congratulations Paul on your wonderful life! Just amazing what you have accomplished.

Scott