BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Mr. Short is there something going on with your photobucket? all your cool pictures are gone.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well that's a shame to be sure, I for one am going to miss the bugger. And if your lurking out there some place, drop me a line just so I know I still have a friend in the GWN

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
he's pulled all his pics, and has given up posting.
That's really sad to see him go and that all the pics are gone as well. I can't recall how many times I have searched thru different post looking for something Wildfire had a picture of that I needed for reference on a project I was working on. If nothing else I could always count on getting some creative juices flowing.

Paul my friend, you will be missed. :( :confused:

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
Apparently one of the reasons for pulling everything is that there were not a lot of people responding (either positive or negative) to his posts. I know I am guilty of just lurking, and really couldn't add anything to what others had said.

Over on TBN, the thread has turned into a show of support, with as many people as possible just giving a thumbs up smiley (not available here apparently, but we can use the icon,) no need to type or comment.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
You're kidding,, just left because every picture did not get a responce??? His post's are the first ones I look for, may not allways give a responce, but defenintly read them all.

scooby074

Jun 22, 2011
Nova Scotia
You're kidding,, just left because every picture did not get a responce??? His post's are the first ones I look for, may not allways give a responce, but defenintly read them all.
That seems to be one reason.

He also left something cryptic in his TBN post : "So this ends my posting projects on TBN and OTT. No more BUT stay tuned. You never know where I might turn up. "

Since that time, he has posted up a new youtube vid. Some have suggested that he's moving to Youtube in an attempt to get Partner status and make a bit of money in the process.

He hasnt come back and commented on any of the rumors posted. Looks like hes gone completely incommunicado. Maybe it will come clearer in the coming days, but right now, there are a lot of confused fans. All the "thumbs up" icons wont make much difference I'm afraid.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well by golly if he can make a few bucks off his stuff then God bless him, maybe the big K has got him under contract er sumthin,, Lord knows he has made a shyt load of improvements on a lot of stuff

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I know in the past with Paul and his posting habbits if he's busting at the seams busy in the shop he hardly post's at all. Which ya can't blame the man when he's putting in long hours with his shop and the internet would be the last thing on his mind. We'd go months at a time without hearing a peep from him then he'd pop back up out of the blue.

JayhawkerWinery

Equipment
BX2350
Mar 29, 2013
Tonganoxie, Kansas
I really enjoyed seeing his posts but his reasoning seems to be a "Fine, I'll take my ball and go home!". Seems kind of childish and self-absorbed. Admired his creativity and passion but the need to feed an ego is beyond me. I've posted things I did or built and never got a huge response but I figured it's there in case anyone searches for it down the road. If I can help someone then great! There isn't any award given for "Most number of views" or "Most responses in 24 hours". If that's the sole reason for posting about your projects then it's probably a good thing to take a break. Really need to re-evaluate what's important.
:rolleyes:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah that's something that has kinda blown my mind the past few days since I've read this. Paul has always stated he is NOT a machinist/welder by trade. And passes the glory off to his equipment saying that its top of the line gear. But its pretty damn obvious to the rest of us that you have to have a certain amount of skill set to use the tools and equipment. Yet here recently when he's not getting enough praises and a pat on the back for his work he's going to delete everything and go home crying....

Not the type of behaviour I'd expect from a grown ass adult.

Sorry Paul if your reading this, I have tons of respect for you as a fabricator but right now your acting childish.

DickSnyder

Equipment
L185DT,L1200 FEL, Rear blade,Woods RCC42
Jul 29, 2011
Mt. Hood Parkdale, Oregon
While I certainly don't have a crystal ball as to why Wildfire quit posting, think it's a little premature to throw him under the bus. There maybe be things going on that he can't or won't share with us, that is his business and see no reason for the rest of us to be critical of his actions. I've certainly enjoyed reading and following his posts and look forward to the day that he might share his modifications with us again.

Dick

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
Yeah, no need to condemn him just yet. He did say he had something going in the background, and would let us in on it in a month or 2. Rumors are that there may be a tv show involved, or that he is working on a manufacturing option. Probably neither, but something is up that he said made it necessary to reorganize (or something) his photobucket stuff. Could be whatever is cooking needs to be protected from possible idea theft. Maybe he is patenting his stuff before trying to have it manufactured.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
This quote I copied and pasting straight from Paul himself when it was posted to TBN is the reason why I'm saying what I'm saying. I find it in poor taste to shut down everything because he is not getting optimal attention to it. I don't know if he's just jabbin at me or if he's serious but he always gives me flack about not liking any of his post's because I never comment on here.

Just because I don't comment yay or nay I do take the time to read each and every one of his mods and watch all the videos.

But in his own words here are what I think its absurd to pull everything.

"The last mod for example was of the custom wheel spinner we did. In 24 hours there was not one word mentioned about it. Even if someone posted and said they didn't like it I would have said at least their seeing it lol. My conclusion was this thread was getting to long in the tooth and it had to end. As I said a few weeks ago "I feel like I'm taking to myself". If the interest had stayed or increased I would have posted even more mods because I now have at least 5 on the drawing board but there's no point for me to put anymore time into this sort of thing when all I ask for in return is for someone to post and say you like it or no you hate it. That's all Ive ever asked for."

BenRich

Equipment
BX1870D w/FEL, Land Pride FDR1648 Mower, Land Pride RBO560 Scrape Blade
Well, I'm grieved that he's gone. It was finding this forum, and particularly, his modifications that pretty much caused me to join OTT as well as TBN. OTT and TBN are the only internet forums I've joined.

He is not only a superb craftsman, but has an excellent eye as to fabrications that are genuinely useful. And, his fabrications always end up looking as if they are genuine Kubota add-ons.

I'll miss him and I regret that about the time I joined OTT and TBN was roughly concurrent with his decision to leave the forums.

Now, were he to have signed a contract with Kubota and will be producing quality add-ons I will certainly wish him all the best in this and would very likely buy some of these products as well (at least those products that will fit the BX series). And I would still wish him all the best and buy if he has decided to go it alone, fabricate full-time and then market the products on-line.

Ben

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well, I'm grieved that he's gone. It was finding this forum, and particularly, his modifications that pretty much caused me to join OTT as well as TBN. OTT and TBN are the only internet forums I've joined.

He is not only a superb craftsman, but has an excellent eye as to fabrications that are genuinely useful. And, his fabrications always end up looking as if they are genuine Kubota add-ons.

I'll miss him and I regret that about the time I joined OTT and TBN was roughly concurrent with his decision to leave the forums.

Now, were he to have signed a contract with Kubota and will be producing quality add-ons I will certainly wish him all the best in this and would very likely buy some of these products as well (at least those products that will fit the BX series). And I would still wish him all the best and buy if he has decided to go it alone, fabricate full-time and then market the products on-line.

Ben

Well sir all I can say is a BIG THANK YOU. It's people like you that made me want to start posting to begin with. Stay tuned.;)

I wanted to stop by for a moment and fill you in on a few items. Monday I'll post what I think is good news on what we've been up to. Monday will be step one of a three step series for us so for those interested stay tuned.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say a Hugh thank you to those who stood by me and supported me on this thread. Life is kind of strange. Some of the friends I thought I had including local ones on this site and TBN were nowhere to be found when crap hit the fan yet people I never ever knew stepped up to the plate and came to my defense such as Ben above.

For everyone who said I picked up my ball and went home, well after all, it is MY ball. This is MY work, My property, I could have easily not shown any of it but now your all mad because they were removed! Oh well. It takes all types to make a world.

Eric you've taken a statement and blown it out of proportion. I really never intended to remove the photo's but just to organize them. When I realized they were gone It was to late. I work an average of 12-14 hours a day. Not because I need to but because I like to and this thread was consuming way to much of my time. I'm sorry to those who miss the photo's but hang tight. They are not gone forever.

I realize there are those out there will take this post and read into it and twist it into what ever they think it's about and I really don't care. Some of you think I OWE YOU something because you spent time on this thread. Are you serious? It's laughable.

It all boils down to this. My tractor,My designs, My fabrication and My photo's which equates to MY ball. I share them because there are great tractor owning folks out there that appreciate them. They are the people that I'm interested in helping when it comes to showing what I do.

Thanks again to those who have supported me here and I'll be back on Monday to tell you a little more.

http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Its good to see ya back old man;), and what ever is going on, as always I wish you well

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Glad your going to continue to share your great projects with us. I'm a noobie on the tractor forums but have gone thru each of your threads and thoroughly enjoyed them.