What have you made for you tractor

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Made this "rock box" out of some scraps I had around the house. I made it because I had a lot of rocks on my property to pick up. The rocks are to heavy to lift by hand and to light to roll easily into the front loader. I pick the rocks up with the backhoe and place them in this rock box, then I dump them like you would with the front loader.

Forgive me for asking a dumb question but why don't you just use the front loader bucket ?

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
Anders,
I used 1/2 x 3 inch flat bar, drilled a 1 inch hole in the middle and used a grade 8 bolt, 1x8 inch and welded it all together. I used (3) 25 lb weights and (2) 10 lb weights per wheel, the 10 lbs weights were used to clear the valve stem. all together with the bracket they weight about 104 lbs per wheel, plus my wheels are loader with liquid. sure makes it a lot more stable when I have the bucket full. the weights were brought at the scrap yard for 22 cents a pound.

mike

Semma

Equipment
bx2670, FEL, bx5455hd snowblower, 60 inch mower, soft cab, landpride fsp500
Jan 3, 2015
Shirley, MA, US
The last thing I made for my tractor was to make it fit in my shed. Had to modify the door opening.

Bank Walker

Equipment
BX25D.
Aug 27, 2014
Tn
My bx has a cup holder on the left fender. My problem is that 99% of the time I drink my water/tea from the large plastic mugs like you see for sell at convenience stores. They are about 36 ounce. I bought a dozen or so over the years of this one size mug. They do not fit into the odd shaped cup holder. So, today I drove my tractor over to the plumbing store next to my house and thru a little trial and error I was able to find a perfect fit adapter. I had thought a PVC adapter would be perfect. The mug would fit into a 4" adapter but the cupholder is not perfectly round toward the bottom and was too loose to be secure. I found a 4"-3" black rubber reducer, the 3" end could be forced down into the cup holder and the mug fit perfectly into the 4" opening. It is a big deal to not have my mug sitting on the floor board.

Jevans

Jan 27, 2015
USA

I'm new on here and wanted to putt this on here. It's a puller I made to pull small pines and shrubs. So far I have pulled between 2-3 inch pines roots and all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
NICE Setup! ;)

I'm new on here and wanted to putt this on here. It's a puller I made to pull small pines and shrubs. So far I have pulled between 2-3 inch pines roots and all out.

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
That is very ingenious!! I like it!! One could take it a step further and weld a piece of receiver tube in the center and it could double as a trailer mover for you as well.. Too bad it won't replant the trees!!

Cheers

Roger

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
VERY NICE! You're not in AZ by any chance are you?:D

b2320

Equipment
Kubota B2320 with loader and mmm, box blade, plows, bedder, custom carry all,
May 8, 2015
Farmland Illinois USA

Wolfman: how does this work? Is the bottom part level or angled either direction? Thanks!!!

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Interesting puller. By the pic the middle flaps are hinged and pointing up slightly in the center. The flaps are welded to the underside of the hinged pin which looks centered to the support brace. Yet the middle of the flaps are resting at the top of the support braces with stops and also have a semi angled cutting edge for grip. Once the tree is pulled up, I guess you could lower the 3pt, tree and roots pushing on ground forcing the flaps to open up, then drive away. Drive to next one and/or pick up with FEL. Nice job

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wolfman: how does this work? Is the bottom part level or angled either direction? Thanks!!!
It's not my setup I just reposted it. Send a PM to Jevans for an answer to how he built it. ;)

Last edited:

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Rear Ballast for working in the woods.
well casing 50inch- $10.00
Misc steel from steel co. bargain bin $12.00
Premix 2/3 cf 4 sacks $20.00
2 cat 1 pins $15.00
Several visits to a friends hobby fab shop. He has one of everything and sometimes more.

I just finished the last pour today. Will put up pictures of it attached when cured and hooked up. Calculated weight is 300# of concrete and 100 # of steel. +or - 400#

Attachments

MLB04V

Equipment
B2650 ROPS, FEL
Apr 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA, USA
So forgive me if I don't do this correctly as this is my first post on the site and I am trying to listen in on a boring conference call at work. Shhhh...
New Kubota B2650 with FEL clearing ATV trails at my cabin resulted in a tree branch through the plastic hood grill. No other damage, but prompted some searches on this site for a solution. Found it and had a buddy that is a self taught hobby welder fab up something I saw here. Hopefully the pics make it...

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
So far, I've made a little trailer mover.

Box blade

And the latest is a front bumper/ ballast box.

Vrat

Equipment
B7300 HSD
Sep 23, 2014
Lehigh Valley, PA
Put together a rear weight from materials laying around the shop, all I had to purchase was the concrete. I've been looking for a project for the keg for a while and this was as good an any.

No idea why the pics came up sideways?

Attachments

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I wouldn't really call it customization but I added 230 pounds of weight to the rear of the tractor. Picture attached.

Attachments

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Put together a rear weight from materials laying around the shop, all I had to purchase was the concrete. I've been looking for a project for the keg for a while and this was as good an any.

No idea why the pics came up sideways?
Looks like your keg had one too many beers.....:cool:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
...No idea why the pics came up sideways?
Cell cameras, tablets and the likes store pictures different than computers. My guess is there is some code attached somehow that tells cell/tablet "this end up" when you view them. This code is not transferred... or at least not read by many desktop image viewers*, forum software etc. All they see is binary code that makes up the image and the way it is formatted (jpg, bmp, png, gif etc)

Thus when you send them to here... it is WWSWYG:D

(What Was Stored is What You Get)

even more confusing is now some desktop viewers DO see this code, while forum software still does not. Check to see if your viewer has a button to "view as saved" or something to that effect to see if the image is actually oriented wrongly in its saved format. My linux pic viewer is this way. Discovered I have to use a photo editing software to see what the saved image orientation really is and fix it while in there if its wrong.

Last edited: