What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Couldn't be more happy with the piranha tooth attachment for my loader....hard to believe what it did.

Rezzey

Equipment
B1600dt
Oct 11, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Thanks for the information. The strainer is in the lower left side
as you mentioned. Good idea regarding draining some fluid
out of the strainer opening before opening the lower drain plug.

I assume you can remove the strainer without removing the tire?
I removed my tyre its only a few nuts and a little lifting, good to work em once in a blue moon so they dont sieze anyway. Made accessing it much easier as there wasnt much wiggle room with my FEL hoses running past the strainer. The strainer is about 120mm long and a PITA to thread back on if things are in the way.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
Finally filled my ballast box yesterday.

Filled with rocks

Covered with 4 bags of concrete. Probably the worst concrete job ever, but it should make it easier to break up should I ever need to.

Used my filled ballast box to help move a heavy mystery bench I found in the woods to a more usable location. By the fire pit, thats due for a burn.

Built out a Carry-All with PT 2x6's

Tucks up nicely on the 3pt

Id like to build some removable sides for the Carry-All yet.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Put the rice paddy tires back on the bota tonight. Getting prepared to tear up the yard :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Removed the old grease from around all the pins. I used a plastic putty knife, WD-40 and paper towels. Then I pressure washed it. Then I waxed it. WHEW!!!
Tomorrow I'll grease it, change the motor oil and filter and change the hydraulic oil and filter. Then I can take it out and get it dirty again. Damn, this is fun! :D

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Removed the old grease from around all the pins. I used a plastic putty knife, WD-40 and paper towels. Then I pressure washed it. Then I waxed it. WHEW!!!
Tomorrow I'll grease it, change the motor oil and filter and change the hydraulic oil and filter. Then I can take it out and get it dirty again. Damn, this is fun! :D
Here's something to consider about pressure warshing.
Guy owns big green tractor, liked to keep it spotless. Rear hydraulics have now taken a dump, three levers that used to move independently are now somehow connected.
Managed after a great deal of fighting we got it apart, two pipes and a rod, making up the workings of a bell crank with 3 segments.
4 needle bearings failed and damaged shaft. Cranked out new bronze/aluminum bushings on the lathe and re assembled.
6 hours total to repair. Never to fail again IMHO.

A spray of lube after washing may have prevented this, as well as the damage to baler from two functions compating with each other.

If you wash it, grease it immediately. Most detergents are slightly corrosive.

sawmill

Equipment
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Thanks for the heads up, Frank. I didn't use soap in the pressure washer. I just cleaned the grease splatters with WD-40 after I washed it. Then I waxed it.
I'll keep that in mind about the detergent though.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Hey Sawmill. My family and I are in the process of trying to get up your way to ride the Lions train during the fall colors. If we can do you want to meet up and talk about our BX24s?

Oh yeah since this is the "What did you do to or on your Kubota today?" thread I did make arrangements with the financial adviser to get a complete service done.

sawmill

Equipment
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Hey Sawmill. My family and I are in the process of trying to get up your way to ride the Lions train during the fall colors. If we can do you want to meet up and talk about our BX24s?

Sounds great. When you get your schedule figured out we can PM each other and get a game plan.

NeilP

Sep 9, 2015
Spearfish SD, USA
The 5 gallon bucket of Super UDT2 arrived yesterday, so today I went ahead and finished up the 300 hr. service today. The old trans/hydraulic fluid was nice & clean. No problem at all getting the strainer out. Just a few tiny metal flakes stuck on the screen. Spun on a new external filter (it appears as though the previous owner had never changed it as it was still covered with OEM paint). Just my luck...I stopped at the Kubota dealer Monday & picked up 2 new "O" rings for the strainer. Wouldn't you know it.....they gave me the wrong ones. I didn't disturb the original O ring, I am hoping it doesn't leak!

Changed the fluid in the front axle too. That fluid had more metal flakes in it, but I supposed that is to be expected since it is not filtered.

Anyways, the 300 hr. service is done! Next minor service due at 400hrs.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Scalped the yard today, to prep for some landscaping and smoothing.

Found a yellow jacket nest and got stung about twelve time :eek: currently at the walk in clinic. Hand swelled up like a catchers mitt :( ankle isn't much better.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Scalped the yard today, to prep for some landscaping and smoothing.

Found a yellow jacket nest and got stung about twelve time :eek: currently at the walk in clinic. Hand swelled up like a catchers mitt :( ankle isn't much better.

Daren,

looking at your tires, dayum they are awesome! But aintcha one nut short??:D;):)

You been losing your nuts ?:)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren,

looking at your tires, dayum they are awesome! But aintcha one nut short??:D;):)

You been losing your nuts ?:)

That one had a stripped nut :eek: filled up the threads. Keep forgetting to get a small thread file to clean the threads up.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Dang Yellow Jackets! I had a similar experience a few years back. I feel your pain! :eek:
Had one get me in the back of the head a couple years ago. Thought some kid shot me with a bb gun :mad:

I'm gonna have to start walking around the yard before mowing with a stick and spray. They used to not bother me much when I got stung. Just a little welt. Got nailed by one a couple months ago, and the leg swelled up pretty good. Spent a couple days in a benadryl stupor.

This time, my hand swelled instantly. Had to soap my wedding band to get it off within 5 minutes of being stung. Then at the clinic, the nurse came in with a evil gleam in her eye. Shot me in the Keister!!! :eek: Got me on a double dose of steroids between a shot and pills. Apparently I'm starting to develop an allergy to them :(

NeilP

Sep 9, 2015
Spearfish SD, USA
Had one get me in the back of the head a couple years ago. Thought some kid shot me with a bb gun :mad:

I'm gonna have to start walking around the yard before mowing with a stick and spray. They used to not bother me much when I got stung. Just a little welt. Got nailed by one a couple months ago, and the leg swelled up pretty good. Spent a couple days in a benadryl stupor.

This time, my hand swelled instantly. Had to soap my wedding band to get it off within 5 minutes of being stung. Then at the clinic, the nurse came in with a evil gleam in her eye. Shot me in the Keister!!! :eek: Got me on a double dose of steroids between a shot and pills. Apparently I'm starting to develop an allergy to them :(

I have heard that some people become less & less tolerant of the stings the more time you get hit. Hopefully you won't have a "next time" to find out.

I was cutting up a fallen Oak limb and some trashy saplings that the limb had fallen on when I got nailed. I had the tip of the chainsaw blade right next to the ground cutting the saplings & I thought I hit a rock. It felt like hot sparks hitting my arm. It didn't take me long to realize what what the heck was happening. I killed the saw & ran up the embankment, with yellow jackets in pursuit. If I recall, I wound up with 15 or so stings.

I went to the garage & mixed up a gallon of Dursban in my sprayer and returned to the scene for my revenge. :D They won the battle, but I won the war!

As far as "What did I do to or on my Kubota today" .....nothing! Yesterday I mowed the 3.8 acre pasture behind my house. (been doing that twice a week now for the past 2 months, darn grass grows a half inch a day). I also purchased a used King Kutter Middle Buster so I can dig some trenches to bury some 4 flexible drain pipe and some 6 inch PVC.

ConcreteWallGuy

Aug 27, 2016
Ohio
MyL3430 quit!
It does not have a mid PTO.
It won't start and light for Mid PTO is on.
Can't find any wiring, because it doesn't have one.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RTR

Equipment
G1800 RC48-G20
Aug 25, 2016
Mobile, AL
Purchased a G1800. I did a complete Full Service, replaced the radiator, replaced coolant temp sending unit. Cleaned and tested instrument cluster.

Performed full service on RC48-g20 deck as well.

Runs like a champ. Have a total of 1250.00 invested.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Since I'm waiting for tires to be put on I removed the rear fenders, foot plates and the other two side plates, rear hubs and painted them. Cleaned up all the bolts and will paint them tomorrow then I can reassemble it. Just a side note - I painted the inside of the fenders with Rustoleum X2 original orange. It's so close to Kabota 1 it isn't funny. On this fender the top side above the seam is Kubota orange and everything below is Rustoleum X2. At $4.58/can it's half the price of Kubota spray can.

Last edited:

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
Brushed my driveway clean of all fallen beech husks and other stuff using my newly made 3pt brush mount giving all my welds a good test, couple of alterations to make and it will be ready for painting [emoji41] not bad for a first fabrication job. Got a stand leg to put on it, for making it easy to take on and off.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk