What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Finally got it restarted after the fuel filter change. If I ever need to do it again, I'm going to pull start it. It takes forever to get the air out of the lines.

When you change the fuel filter, leave it a little loose. Turn the fuel back on the fuel tank and let the fuel flow till it comes out the fuel filter.

Tighten filter. Then crack bleeder valve on injection pump till solid fuel comes out.

Then start tractor.

85 percent of the time, this is all you need to do to bleed the fuel system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I left the filter loose and let the fuel flow before I tightened it, then cracked the line loose at the pump. I didn't notice a bleeder valve on it. I'll look for it when I get home. Then I loosened the fittings at the injectors and cranked with the compression release valve open until bubbles stopped coming out of the fittings. I had to stop and let the starter cool down several times. I snugged everything back up, and it would start for a few seconds after cranking it, but wouldn't stay running, so I started cranking it for a bit with the compression release valve open for a bit to let enough fuel in to start, then closing the valve to start it. After 6 or 7 times doing that, it started, and would only do about 800 rpm at full throttle. I kept it at about 800 as it started running better. After about 30 seconds it was running normal. I must have gotten a lot of air in it somehow, and that little engine doesn't pump much fuel. With the new regulator, it's charging the battery now, so it's time to change the oil and start using it.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Finally got it restarted after the fuel filter change. If I ever need to do it again, I'm going to pull start it. It takes forever to get the air out of the lines.
Kubotas are normally very easy to start. All the ones I have worked on over the year either have a small round knob on the injector pump where the fuel line hooks on or they will have a hollow bolt where the line hooks on.

The knob version just simply turn it fully open and crank the engine over. It will pull the fuel to the pump and normally start after a few seconds.

Bolt version, just loosen the bolt a little and bump the starter over. When fuel squirts out tighten the bolt and start the engine.

I have both kinds and never have trouble getting mine started back. Hope this helps.

Brett777

Equipment
B3030 hst
Jul 19, 2016
Flesherton Ont. Can.
Just joined the forum and have no idea what Im doing so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I just bought a used B3030 and i cant change the speed range without shutting down the engine as the gears will grind, it is an hst. I have another problem but will take care of this first.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
The tractor should be completely stopped when you shift. If the tractor wants to creep you need to adjust the HST linkage so the tractor comes to a complete stop when you take your foot off the pedal.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
My Kubota helped turn this... (gack)

...into this...

My Kubota "disassembled" the old yard, both by moving boulders and some large plants. I also raked up and hauled away 25 tons of existing rock to be used elsewhere on the property. It hauled out tons of jack-hammered concrete I cut from the old patio. It graded the location for the new concrete addition. It hauled in a few tons of fabricated steel for the shade structure then, It raised the steel in to place so the welders could weld it up. It hauled in 80 tons of flagstone and 30 tons of dirt and another 30 tons of finish rock. It hauled in all the new plants as well as some old ones that were too heavy for us to pick up.

In doing all of this, it nearly paid for itself in this one job. We will start on the front yard this Fall.

Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks guys...

Nope! Haven't had the pleasure of meeting Bill yet. I'll have to hook up with him this fall...

Ray

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Haven't had the pleasure of meeting Bill yet. I'll have to hook up with him this fall...
I'll look forward to that!:D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Looks awesome,Ray! Now go park that machine, put your feet up and enjoy your hard work. You earned it.

80 degrees and 80%
Tried mowing today. Only thing that overheated was me. Worked all 15 horses today mowing foot tall grass as short as i could get it.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Not me, but my wife is using it to tote her lawn sale stuff around :D

Told her to not get any ideas and sell the bota though :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk