ZL2000FD hydraulic testing

Deneh

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL2000FD
Dec 2, 2010
Herlong, Calif
Hi All;
My Zennoh can't seem to lift a full FEL of dirt without help! For that matter, it can't seem to lift the 3 point hitch with a small post hole digger either. So, I am looking at a possible pump overhaul. I am mechanically knowledgeable and worked with many diesels as well, but not a tractor mechanic by any means of the word :D
Okay, I have the shop and parts manual for this rig (225DT) but have some questions;
1). Should I get a pressure gauge for testing the hydraulics and do this first to separate where the problem is, or assume that pump is going to be bad for a tractor of this age?
2). Is a pump kit available with all the parts or should I buy a new pump?
3). Where can I buy the parts needed as our local dealer will not sell parts for my zennoh?

Last edited:

wvshooter

Dec 11, 2012
WV
What have you ruled out? I would say its safe to assume you are having hydraulic system issues since both ends have problems.

Are the hydraulics jumpy or noisy? Have you checked to level and condition of the hydraulic fluid? Have you changed the hydraulic fluid filter? All of these are much easier steps to take before jumping into a pump rebuild or replacement, and definately where I would start.

Aside from that, if you can find out that the pump is the same as the 225, your local dealer will probably sell you the parts, so long as you ask for the 225 parts and not mention a thing about gray market.

Southern Global Tractor has treated me pretty well for parts. Also, Beverage Tractor in Va is good to deal with.

Let us know!

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
I agree with WVSHOOTER. Clean out the suction screen located just behind the 4wd engagement lever as well as changing hydraulic fluid. If you determine the pump is bad, Serv. Dept Vic mentioned awhile back that you could install a pump from an L245DT on your L2000DT/L225DT that would help speed up the cycle times. Im thinking of upgrading pumps myself. I've seen these pumps on ebay for a few hundred bucks.