Zero turn to B series

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
‘B’ sure 😉to consider the brakes on both machines before you decide…as I recall the BX did not have split brakes, but I don’t remember for sure. The B most certainly has split brakes and I think with the brakes the B can fit a lot of places you think it should not….if you use the brakes that way.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
22’ aluminum not sure on total weight as said before but I’d guess around 4k-4,500lbs
Good day. I’ve moved 24’ and 25’ fibrerglass boats with tandom axles with both my previous BX and current B. (I store peoples boats for winter in my larger barn). Barn has a concrete floor. They did just fine and pretty maneuverable. Sometimes the tires might slip a little when trying to cut it hard (tandom Axles on trailer not trying to help the little orange monster). But they did fine. I am on a hilly road and I only tried that once…the imo that was not safe on the BX…just could not handle that kind of weight behind it safely. Anyway main point here is those machines can move a boat just fine. I was able to move anything that fit through the 10’door in the barn with either. I think if you got either in wet/soggy soil trying to pull/back a fiberglass boat on tandem axles it’s probably not going to be a good day. Happy shopping.

Velma

Equipment
B2301, FDR1660, RB1560, SGC0554, Pats QH, CMP Dethatcher
May 12, 2022
MI
I just made this exact move...well, I went with a 60" rear mower on a B2301. 3 mows in I am pleased with the change. The mower (FDR1660) does just as nice a job mowing on my hilly yard...if not a little better. The cut looks more even to my eye with the floating deck, and no rows of grass clippings to deal with. The old ZT (sold) was a simplicity 23hp (baby ferris, even had 4 corner suspension) and was also no slouch.

• Was the ZT faster?...yes, but negligible for the 1 acre I mow
  • Could it trimmer better?... a little, by the 3rd mow I was feeling much more comfortable using the mower.
  • Was the ZT more comfortable? ...not sure yet. Both can be jarring...the limited suspension on the ZT seems to be about even with the larger tires on the tractor.
Tractor is much more versatile, and I can push snow, do landscaping, grade the driveway...and mow.

Highly recommend the FDR1660....the B2301 whines a little pulling it up hills in medium range, and sometimes requires 4wd when backing up a hill. The thing weighs nearly as much as my old ZT! The deck and blades are super HD...and will last me a lifetime. I personally went with a 3pt mower instead of a belly mower for ease of hookup and service. Aside from the PTO hookup...a draw in either cases...a Pats quick hitch makes hookup super easy.

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
We are making the same move now. Have a Bad Boy Maverick, 54” deck. Machine is a beast, but with the amount of trees and hills it just doesn’t fit our property. Having sandy soil, it tears the heck out of the lawn. Just sold the Simplicity we bought new in 2011. Again 54” deck, fel and 3 pt. 27 hp gas. Good machine just not enough oomph in the bucket and 3 point. Looking at the BX2380 or 2680, 54” deck, fel pinned. Dealer just got the 2680 and should have pricing today. Actually the 2380 will fill my needs. Will sell the Maverick once we get the Kubota. It only has 100 hours on it. A friend got the 2670 a few years ago and loves it. Getting the 0 turn for us was a big mistake.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Bug, you should consider the SSQA version before you buy. 1/2 the time I've got the pallet forks on moving 'stuff'..here, there, everywhere. NONE of us are getting younger, the older we get so a little assistance is always NICE. Moving things on skids is a LOT easier than lifting into a bucket, dragging hem out later, repeat, repeat,repeat....

Reactions: 1 users

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
Bug, you should consider the SSQA version before you buy. 1/2 the time I've got the pallet forks on moving 'stuff'..here, there, everywhere. NONE of us are getting younger, the older we get so a little assistance is always NICE. Moving things on skids is a LOT easier than lifting into a bucket, dragging hem out later, repeat, repeat,repeat....
I did. Looking at signing the paperwork Thursday. Hopefully they will have the tractor assembled by then.