Zen Noh ZL 3000 ID & Leak help please...

LaGuy

Equipment
Zen Noh 3000
Jun 6, 2012
Leesville, La.
Hello folks, new here, but not new to this tractor.

As you know it is a gray mkt tractor I purchased out of Ms. about 14 years ago now. It has been an excellent tractor with few issues but now I have two questions and I know there are larger minds than mine out there that know the answer. Also I searched here and googled to almost no effect on that model number so..

1) What does a ZL3000 cross over to for parts buying on an American mkt
Kubota?

I was told it is a 3cyl 23 1/2 hp tractor, it is rear wheel drive only.

2) It has developed some kind of hyd fluid (?) leak around where the steering
column exits the top of the case going up to the steering wheel. I took
off the filler cover of the trans case and made sure the pressure or weep
hole in the cap was not clogged so it could vent properly and it still
leaks.

Any thoughts on that problem would be greatly appreciated!

I bought this tractor because my neighbor had an almost identical looking one to this, Kubota, but a 18 hp / 2cyl (?) he bought used in 1977 or so and
commenced to abuse terribly for the next 21 years with almost no ill effects on the part of the tractor, so I was impressed. I bought this one in 1998 out of Liberty, Ms. from an import/reconditioner but you could tell even then it was used very lightly and was in great shape. Mostly just used to finish mow about 3 acres.

Thanks in advance to any and all!

D

thespanishfarmer

Equipment
L1501 with rotavator and brush cutter
Apr 28, 2012
Cocentaina - Spain
Hi D

Can't help much with the oil leakage but it would appear that the ZL3001 may be the the same as a Kubota L305.

Whilst it's not the ZL3000 it may be a starting point for you. Good Luck.

Gary

LaGuy

Equipment
Zen Noh 3000
Jun 6, 2012
Leesville, La.
Thanks Gary!

I will figure out the leak thing myself eventually I guess, but it helps when talking to my local Kubota counter person if I could give them any kind of tractor model as a starting point for parts.

I mean I have not needed to search for much of anything really, up till now. It's been a great little tractor for what I bought it for and I literally have done nothing but buy diesel and change the oil a couple of times. Ive had mine for 12 years now.

My neighbor's Kubota he has owned since 1977 or so could pass for my tractor's twin, except for mine having a the larger motor and some other minor variances. He's had his ever since and I don't think he has had any major issues either in 35 years of ownership. He could be a good ad spokesman for Kubota for sure. That kid of his beat the mess outta it when he was using it as he grew up, and it's still there cutting grass and leveling his driveway regularly. Kid's been grown and gone almost ten years now.

Thank you Sir.