Zen Noh Uh-Oh...

Deneh

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL2000FD
Dec 2, 2010
Herlong, Calif
Well...my tales of whoa is this..as a new user I inherited a rebuilt Zen Noh "L225DT" grey model tractor that my dad had left me with only 4 hours on it from its rebuild. He did not use it but kept it in great shape -- sitting in a covered shed. My plan is to put it to work! Well little did I know that dear old pop did not put very much antifreeze in it...he put mostly water in the radiator...:eek: ...and winter is here!
Well....The tractor did not have any problems as far as the head or other major components but when the fan belt burned off of it while I was using it, followed by steam from the hose...I shut it down QUICK! :eek: To my surprise the water pump "no rotate" at all! :eek:
Note to self and others - When getting a tractor from anybody else check all the fluids so you know what is in the darn thing BEFORE working it! :(
....now time to get a new water pump :eek::eek:

Last edited:

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
I hear ya. I inherited my dad's L225DT after he passed. I grew up with the tractor and so my dad was always the one to change the oil and all that good stuff. Last winter while trying to use the front end loader, the hydraulic pump would just howl and growl. I decided to change out the fluid and clean out the suction screen. Holy cow was it dirty. I m surprised my hydraulics worked at all.

Word of caution. My dad exploded the front diff twice over working it. It took me 6 years to track down a used one. Kubota stopped making those parts years ago. Our little tractors will work themselves past the breaking point. They don't know when to quit.

Good luck fixing yours. Let me know if you need parts. The place i found my diff has plenty of used parts