ZD326 D005 Leaking Injectors

sidehack

Equipment
ZD326
Jun 24, 2023
Decatur AR
Have a ZD326 with a diesel D1005 engine. Had to replace the head and injectors. All assembled and started it up it ran however it bled diesel from the injectors. As per the manual the injector holder is installed in the head with new heat seal. Nozzle holder torqued to 45 lb ft. The new crush washer with holes was install (is their a special orientation?) and the overflow rail installed and nut torqued to 18 lb ft. Then the fuel lines installed and tightened. leaking comes from what appears the top of the fuel rail nut and also from the fuel line nut (possibly it bleed heavily).

Last question the timing marks are clear on the flywheel the WSM speaks of an "alignment mark" the WSM is clear as mud where is this illusive mark? I set valve gap the old school way would like to know where the alignment mark is for future reference.

The head and injectors are NEW aftermarket not from a Kubota dealer.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Last question the timing marks are clear on the flywheel the WSM speaks of an "alignment mark" the WSM is clear as mud where is this illusive mark?
The WSM seems to have a very accurate depiction of the timing reference mark. Look at picture B in the pdf.

Attachments

sidehack

Equipment
ZD326
Jun 24, 2023
Decatur AR
The WSM seems to have a very accurate depiction of the timing reference mark. Look at picture B in the pdf.
Thank you. Your drawing was clear however the one I have isn't. Additionally I looked for the 4-bolt pattern hole in the casting the back of the case is smooth, the left side and right side do not have that connection if it does exist it must be on the bottom which is covered up in steel that supports the rear of the mower and is not accesable. Note the lack of the note regarding the alignment mark.
Thanks.

Attachments