WTB: R4s or R1s in AZ?

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
No real hope, but thought I would toss it out there, you never know...

I have a 2150D, and the front tires are worn R1 AGs that are sorely dry rotted. I really need front tires soon, and will buy new at some point. Till then, I'll keep my eyes open for used. I don't have enough use to ever get a life from a tire out here before it dry rots, so new isn't ideal.

The PO replaced dry rotted rear R4s with LT ATs (street 4x4 all terrains). This fall when things cool off, I plan to rebuild and mount the hoe. Those LT tires would likely work just fine for turf/cutting/landscaping applications, but radial sidewalls are certainly no match for working a hoe (yeah, jokes aside).

This is AZ desert country, so mud's not a huge issue. Then again, I really don't have any use for grass, so that's not much concern. So good R1s and/or R4 will work as long as I can get a suitable rolling circumference ratio for the 4WD.

If someone out here has serviceable tires and wants new/different, let me know and maybe we can work something out that is mutually beneficial.

Last edited:

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
If you have that much trouble with tires rotting out before wearing out why not shield them from the hot AZ sun? My tractor is stored inside but my boat and camper are outdoors and if there not being used the tires are covered & our MD sun is nowhere near as intense as yours.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is a guy up here that has a whole set of rims and R1 tires new/or barely run for $750.
They are also the right size for your tractor 12.4 -16.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
The tires on it are dry rotted and worn out. It appears it was left outside for years with no protection. Hydraulic hoses are also in need of attention. And covering tires on non-active vehicles of all sorts is pretty much a requirement out here. I have no room to store it inside, but do have an awning which will often (but not always) be available for the tractor. But that was more a statement of my somewhat minimal usage than just sun damage. Brand new R4 tires would likely get very little wear on them before I either die, sell it, they get punctured/ruined, or they crack/rot from age (and UV etc) regardless of precautions. So the sweet spot would be good used tires with lots of life left, and they would still last me for as long as I would ever need.

Thanks for the info on the R1 tires. Is that a full set, or just the rears (that's the only size listed)? If a full set, too bad they are not local. If it were R4s, it might be worth the trouble and expense with shipping, but R1s aren't my current version of ideal, so in the end I don't think it would be work out. But I'll keep thinking on it, may decide otherwise.