Workbench/CarryAll

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
I needed a better way to carry tools. I got tired dumping my chainsaw in the dirt after I forgot that I left it in the bucket. I also wanted a nice surface to work on when I'm away from the shop. So I built this combination workbench and carry all. There is a small vise on top, a cargo net I made from jack chain that is held on with little spring clips, room for my backpack leaf blower, chainsaw and generator, along with a toolbox. It also features a small receiver for attaching a little trailer.
It attaches to the three point hitch. In the photos it's on my Ford 9N, but also fits the BX-25D.

Thanks for looking,

Jerry

Attachments

Last edited:

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Nice looking rig Jerry but how do you keep stuff from rattling around?

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Thats a great idea, a portable workbench. I dis see a similar one on the prairie farm report, had a pto powered generator/welder and compressor. That gets me thinking.......i have most of the parts laying around.

BravoXray

Equipment
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
Thanks for the kind words everyone, I learned a lot on this site and wanted to contribute.

Tomcat, I don't have to travel over any rough terrain, but I do use some long bungee cords. I need to add some loops for the bungee's hooks where I have the toolbox on the side, before I dump that in the dirt!

Jerry

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
That's a really great idea.

Cool 9N, I have a 8N right now. The only thing better than an old Ford is a Kubota.
Why compromise,:) I have a 8N and a L275.:D
Oh, and something green:eek::eek::D

BravoXray

Equipment
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
I've had the 9N for some years now, it's a great tractor for small acreage, and it's really reliable, especially considering it's 75 years old. I knew I had more into it than it would sell for, that was part of my reasoning for getting the BX-25D, I don't really need a bigger tractor since I have the Ford. It is awfully handy having more than one machine, not having to switch attachments all the time. The BX gives me a loader and backhoe and a great mower, and fits in small places, close to the buildings and stuff.
If I come across a nice 8N I wouldn't mind giving it a home too. The wife hasn't figured out yet that these are fun, I always come in sweatin' and frettin so it looks like a real chore.

Jerry

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
3 tractors 2 acres,,, geezzz I really really sorry for you,,, I just don't know how a man can live like that :rolleyes: Welll heres what you do take the green thing,, and get rid of it and get her a new shinny ORANGE BX, with BN and FEL and MMM, and tell her it finally got ripe and then the N and L can quietly go away and she will be happy and you will have a new tractor to play with too...
Bought her lawn mower for your 25th???, you my friend live a very dangerious life,,,lol

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
One of my nieces when her parents asked her what she wanted for her 6th birthday. She responded - a 12 gauge shotgun. They got her a 410 but she was still happy.
When she got her drivers license they asked her what she wanted. She responded - a Chevy short box 4x4 with a 350 and 36" mudders. She dot it.
When she got married they ashed what she wanted. She responded - a Kubota L3300dt.

They now have 3 children and a barn yard of animals.

Some guys have all the luck. :):cool::D

jeffgrand

Feb 25, 2016
monroe mi usa
I am new to the site & new to forums in general. Please forgive any misguided posts. I had an idea for a project but lack the design skills. I have searched high & low for something similar no luck. Closest i found was the "Big Too Rack"
http://www.bigtoolrack.com/
I thought a similar cart on wheels built to the size of my 6ft box blade. Able to roll it over to the mounted box blade pick it up with the box blade take to work area set it down & be able to use the blade as well.
I am looking to carry tools like rakes shovels chainsaw weed whip etc. also a flat top area for refueling & tinkering and such Any thoughts?

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
I added a receiver hitch on my boxblade and use a cargo tray like on the back of an SUV occasionally. There was a post in the past of a box blade with an expanded metal tray on top of it that I would like to explore doing eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
That is genius I have to build one very soon

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
I think that is genius! I wish I could weld!

Not to try to improve on your mousetrap, but when operating with FEL, I bet there could be ways to fill in some of the voids with steel or concrete to make it perform as ballast as well. Or even as it sits, loading with bags of concrete.

I am jealous of the fabricators on this site. At some point I am going to buy a welder and teach myself. I've even looked for a tech school that offers an intro to welding, and all I can find are classed for those wanted to make it a vocation, not a hobby.

jeffgrand

Feb 25, 2016
monroe mi usa
No problem i am looking for feed back. The box blade is the ballast. The bb is also the carrier for the rack. I can weld but not good at design fab. I hope I can spark some interest so we can come up with a great design.

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
No problem i am looking for feed back. The box blade is the ballast. The bb is also the carrier for the rack. I can weld but not good at design fab. I hope I can spark some interest so we can come up with a great design.
I also use my box blade as ballast, but the box blade is only about 290# so it isn't enough ballast.

I added some suitcase weights to improve the ballast. Currently I have two 75# and two 55# weights attached for an additional 260#.

I can swap the two 55's to two 75# for another 40#.

Attachments