Woods RD7200 finish mower

L2501dt

Jun 5, 2020
Connecticut
I have a woods rd7200 mower that i use on the 3pt hitch of my L2501. It has started to have a little bit of belt vibration when pto is engaged. Spindle bearings are tight, idlers seems tight not much wobble.
I have a video but im not sure it will allow me to upload it, only allowed me to upload pictures.

anyone have this problem?

Velma

Equipment
B2301, FDR1660, RB1560, SGC0554, Pats QH, CMP Dethatcher
May 12, 2022
MI
A bit Occam’s Razor…Are your blades straight and balanced? Belt in good shape?

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
If this just started, make sure you don’t have something stuck in on of the v-grooves. Debris gets stuck in a groove and causes a belt to vibrate.

Did you take the belt off to check bearing and tension idler play? If not, release the belt and pay careful attention to the tension idler if the spindles are ok. I believe that the tensioner has a replaceable bearing Or bushing. Since the tensioner pulley doesn’t have a grease fitting, you may want to lube it while you have the belt loose.

The wide the finishing mower, the more vibration you get in the belt as the belt wears. I have the Woods PRD 8400 and it has some vibration at low speed due to the belt length but at cutting speed it’s smooth.

Last edited: